Thread Rating:
  • 200 Votes - 2.82 Average
Singapore Toy & Comic Convention
Sun Aug 03, 2008, 12:27 AM
RE: Singapore Toy & Comic Convention
Canis Enigmas Wrote:No offence, but I'm assuming from the images that at least 80% of the convention is Japanese culture related or Japanese anime-art influenced? If so I am pretty glad to have skipped another Japanese-culture-worship-shrine.

Am I the only one here who believes the art world (on this side of the planet at least) is starting to get far too anime/manga-saturated?

Anime is part of it, part just because I took mostly anime photos doesn't mean that STCC is an anime worship shrine. There's some Chinese comics section related to Old Master Q, the Taiwan comic sector, the Singaporean Comics Association, as well as a few local artists who do either anime (which is right to say that it is anime influenced) or contemporary comics (i.e. things like Marvel, DW Publishing and DC Comics and other Westernized comic artform).

To accept or to tolerate, anime will have a place in any toy and comic convention, but there will also be a place for Westernized comics, and other esoteric art forms which will slowly rise up to popularity.

it's just that this isn't the right time yet for SIngapore to be true comic artists. The locals here seem more dedicated to illustrations and concept art, in which other companies are employing our locals for overseas projects.

And you are right, there is a lot of anime content in STCC, but I have to add in that it is not the only thing there. Sometimes, well, it's better to be more optimistic and be content with what is given than to ask for more. Winking Just adding in thoughts whenever possible, LOL~!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Aug 03, 2008, 10:58 AM
pansengtat Wrote:....
I forgot that there is also a whole slew of Gundam models - both SD and classic series. Sorry, I cannot find the Double O and SEED series there.

BB Senchi Sangokuden~ XD

Do they sell the gunplas? Or are they just for display only? Tongue

I'd rather spend my money on Double 0 series because of the articulations they have. Big smile

[Image: g00a.jpg?t=1200886746]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sun Aug 03, 2008, 11:16 AM
werexvrox Wrote:
pansengtat Wrote:....
I forgot that there is also a whole slew of Gundam models - both SD and classic series. Sorry, I cannot find the Double O and SEED series there.

BB Senchi Sangokuden~ XD

Do they sell the gunplas? Or are they just for display only? Tongue

I'd rather spend my money on Double 0 series because of the articulations they have. Big smile

They sell the GUNPLA there; classic Gundam UC universe versions and the G-Gundam models, with some throw-ins such as Wing. I did remember seeing people carrying SEED boxes in trolleys but I don't see them in the convention itself, maybe they did sell SEED but it was not on display.

I don't remember seeing Double-O boxes being trolleyed in though O_O
Find all posts by this user
Sun Aug 03, 2008, 11:08 PM
Canis Enigmas Wrote:No offence, but I'm assuming from the images that at least 80% of the convention is Japanese culture related or Japanese anime-art influenced? If so I am pretty glad to have skipped another Japanese-culture-worship-shrine.

Am I the only one here who believes the art world (on this side of the planet at least) is starting to get far too anime/manga-saturated?

You aren't the only one.
Mon Aug 04, 2008, 12:57 AM
pansengtat Wrote:They sell the GUNPLA there; classic Gundam UC universe versions and the G-Gundam models, with some throw-ins such as Wing. I did remember seeing people carrying SEED boxes in trolleys but I don't see them in the convention itself, maybe they did sell SEED but it was not on display.

I don't remember seeing Double-O boxes being trolleyed in though O_O

aha, Unicorn kits. Big smile lol I see. wah, in trolleys somemore.. O.o Wing I think they are getting the HCM-Pro series there. haha, thanks for telling. Winking

[Image: g00a.jpg?t=1200886746]
Sat Aug 09, 2008, 04:49 PM
pansengtat Wrote:Anime is part of it, part just because I took mostly anime photos doesn't mean that STCC is an anime worship shrine...
Ah well, its just me. I find it biting at my nerves to find so many in the local "creative" and "arts" industry always sticking to the trend and not having enough balls to try something new or having any "creative" sense at all :/