Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how many of you have people knowing you're a furry?
Sun Jan 27, 2008, 09:04 AM
RE: how many of you have people knowing you're a furry?
werexvrox Wrote:Am i lucky to say that...none of my relatives know i am furry? X3

lol, i too do not have any offline people knowing i'm a furry. except my sis who dosen't care.

this poses a problem if you wanna build or keep a fursuit. (right now its my problem)

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Jan 27, 2008, 10:28 PM
>> While I haven't explicitly called myself a "furry" to non-furries, I've been putting up some of my artwork in my corner of the university graduates' room. Passers-by and colleagues think it's cool, if a bit odd. (But then, even furries think my stuff is odd.)

I've also started drawing/sketching in public, though only with PG-13 subject matter.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wed Jan 30, 2008, 10:13 AM
i've recently told my closest friend over sms that i'm a furry (yayz).
thing is, i let him go and figure out what furry is.
he won't discover what the meaning of furry is till probably saturday cause he has no internet access at his own home. on weekends, he would stay with his parents and that's when he can use the internet. (by the way, he stays with his grandmother and brother as it is more convient for him to reach school)

anyway, i'm worried that he'll discover the 'sexual' part of furry. what should i do?
contacting him just to tell him what a furry is is not good as i'm a bit too blunt about it.

Wed Jan 30, 2008, 11:03 AM
Perheaps you could tell him that there are many aspects of being a fur, and being a fur does not mean one needs to be involved in all aspects of furry culture. Let him know which areas of fur culture you're into, and which you are not. Make it clear that you have no intention or desire to fornicate in a fur suit or with a non-human animal.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'll take over.

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
- Achilles

[Image: BadDayAtOffice.gif]
Sat Feb 02, 2008, 01:54 AM
ArrWulf Wrote:Highschool teachers, my mom (well.. Kinda) , boyfriend , best friends, friends, enemies, everyone in SMKHK, few guys from the internets, and my neighbour... roughly.. 25 , 17 of them knows about furries, and about 6 of em knows what I do on my free time

well.. that stops them from asking why I'm wearing collars everyday :3

<33

I'm happy as a Furry, pathetic as a Human, and glad to be myself!
Sat Feb 02, 2008, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Feb 02, 2008 09:49 AM by xvrox.)
veemaster Wrote:
werexvrox Wrote:Am i lucky to say that...none of my relatives know i am furry? X3

lol, i too do not have any offline people knowing i'm a furry. except my sis who dosen't care.

this poses a problem if you wanna build or keep a fursuit. (right now its my problem)

lol well, some of my friends do know i am, but within my family n others...nope.

i don't intend to build a fursuit though... i know "furries" its not their kind of stuff and they aren't interested so....was thinking why should i care if they know or don't know.

[Image: g00a.jpg?t=1200886746]
Sat Feb 02, 2008, 11:15 AM
werexvrox Wrote:
veemaster Wrote:

lol well, some of my friends do know i am, but within my family n others...nope.

i don't intend to build a fursuit though... i know "furries" its not their kind of stuff and they aren't interested so....was thinking why should i care if they know or don't know.

it dosen't matter if people knows your a furry (unless their trolls or are serverly against the fandom). its just a strange thing having nobody knowing i am a furry.

Sat Feb 02, 2008, 11:33 AM
veemaster Wrote:it dosen't matter if people knows your a furry (unless their trolls or are serverly against the fandom). its just a strange thing having nobody knowing i am a furry.

hehe.. some of my friends think it looks gay and i just stare at them. Because i only draw muscle furs...so people say it looks gay. Later if you think about it, Marvel superheroes are drawn by guys too... and they are built too....so...i didn't care much about what people say.. but i really appreciate those friends who say its a rare thing to see people draw anthro-related stuff.

Mon Feb 04, 2008, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Feb 04, 2008 09:20 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
veemaster Wrote:its just a strange thing having nobody knowing i am a furry.
Its human nature. We're a social creature that needs to communicate to survive. No one with a lung full of air can exist without at least searching for another with the same interest as he/she has.

werexvrox Wrote:hehe.. some of my friends think it looks gay and i just stare at them. Because i only draw muscle furs...so people say it looks gay.
Quite simple minded, your friends are. The fact that I draw males more often than females is due to 2 key factors. One, I am a perfectionist, and I would certainly reply their comment with a question if they have or know a willing female to pose naked for me. Two, although I treat human and creature anatomy as something of beauty that needs to be done correctly on paper, I consider the female anatomy as .. something ... holy .. (I'm weird, sue me!) ... So obviously, unless I have the skills or available real life models for me to sketch from, I wouldn't dare create anything that is, to me, an abomination of the female anatomy on paper.
Tue Feb 05, 2008, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:16 AM by xvrox.)
Canis Enigmas Wrote:
werexvrox Wrote:hehe.. some of my friends think it looks gay and i just stare at them. Because i only draw muscle furs...so people say it looks gay.
Quite simple minded, your friends are. The fact that I draw males more often than females is due to 2 key factors. One, I am a perfectionist, and I would certainly reply their comment with a question if they have or know a willing female to pose naked for me. Two, although I treat human and creature anatomy as something of beauty that needs to be done correctly on paper, I consider the female anatomy as .. something ... holy .. (I'm weird, sue me!) ... So obviously, unless I have the skills or available real life models for me to sketch from, I wouldn't dare create anything that is, to me, an abomination of the female anatomy on paper.

mmmmm...i agree with you. well..some of them who draw also see it differently compared to my friends in high school...some of my friends in MMU do see it as something rare. O_o and..me too can't draw female for nutz.... >_< hehe. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,207 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Plastic Furry Surgery? Canis Enigmas 17 14,451 Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: kyle_foxson
  Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means? Katsuke 52 16,578 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 PM
Last Post: Melfur Silverblade
  "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry" nightPhaser 10 4,504 Wed May 23, 2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Milkgila
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 12,223 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 10,385 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 5,179 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 9,936 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,151 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 8,975 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123