Thread Rating:
  • 231 Votes - 2.84 Average
Dungeons and Dragons
Thu Dec 20, 2007, 10:59 AM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
I have yet to find a DnD board here in the Philippines. Also, the players who are willing to play with me. So far, I've seen none who'd play that here. D:

So... I settle with the PC games that're DnD based.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fri Jan 04, 2008, 01:12 AM
Speaking of DnD, Wizards of the Coast are now churning out 4th Edition...

Those guys just won't stop fiddling with the game! Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fri Jan 04, 2008, 11:58 AM
DarkLurker Wrote:Speaking of DnD, Wizards of the Coast are now churning out 4th Edition...

Those guys just won't stop fiddling with the game! Tongue

More fiddling, more fun! I can't wait to get hold of a board and start playing!
Sat Jan 05, 2008, 02:26 PM
sherinkhal Wrote:More fiddling, more fun! I can't wait to get hold of a board and start playing!

What board are you talking about? We don't use a board to play D&D.

To darklurker and those in the know, my partner has just gotten me this amazing D&D guide for GIRLS. It's white and pink, with flowers and pretty pictures, written in a chick-lit style. I've read it and it's absolutely hilarious! I would actually recommend it to you guys too!!

My character's now a Level 6 Human sorceress. She deals with mostly fire damage ie, scorching ray and fireball. She is super charismatic and beautiful and becoming more awesome exponentially as she levels up. Man, I love D&D. Big smile

FCAsm3amr A- C- D++ H+++ M P+ R+ T++ W- Z- Sf RLAT a cm++ d--- e++ f-- h* iw++ j p sf-
Sat Jan 05, 2008, 11:35 PM
*chuckles at the book title!* Good luck at your sorceress Desiderata. Remember to keep your spells nearby and your enemies far away! Smile

As for the board, sometimes we used to use a large whiteboard on a table and markers to sketch out the tactical layout. It isn't really mandatory though.
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 07:03 AM
*rolf*

Damn, I really should stop calling DnD a board game. Tongue
Sun Jan 06, 2008, 06:49 PM
Well, I suppose you can consider the battle grid paper thing a "board". LOL!

Can anyone help me get pink Chessex 7-set dice? I will pay you back of course. I am currently using black ones and they're so ugly. I WANT PINK DICE! Sob.

FCAsm3amr A- C- D++ H+++ M P+ R+ T++ W- Z- Sf RLAT a cm++ d--- e++ f-- h* iw++ j p sf-
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 06:30 AM
Gonna start a DnD campaign here in my area. My coworker told me that there was this Dragon Magazine that featured an article about the Rakasta and the Lupine that can be used as player characters in full detail. The Rakasta, being the Anthro cat-like warriors and the Lupine, the Anthro Canine Warriors. Anybody got a copy of that issue?

Upto now, humans still confuse, amuse and amaze me.
Visit my FA!
This is my DA!
Lookie here! My LJ!
Yay! My Webcomic!
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 09:38 PM
I don't have the Dragon Magazine in detail, but if you would like to play an anthro character (or just any other humanoid monstrous character), you would like to check out the 'Savage Species' D&D book which has some pretty nice detail on how to create such a race and play with it.
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 06:45 PM
I must be the only one here who hated the 3rd edition and 3.5 rules. Combat took a ridiculously long time! Forget it if your DM preferred to use a grid board/miniatures for movements and combat.

At least with 2nd ed we could fudge it a little and concentrate on the role play aspect. I guess my play style is more into the role play, but most of my DM's have focussed on rules.

I've just bought a set of the 4th edition books for my friend. I'll let him test it out before I decide if I want to play it or not. I hear they've taken a lot of good ideas from WoW and other MMO's like chaining actions providing attack benefits and cooldown attacks...seems that stealing ideas has come full circle in the rpg world.

[Image: bdoggio.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dungeon & Dragons - Beginner Campaign Wulfe 57 20,166 Tue May 31, 2011 09:37 PM
Last Post: veemaster