Thread Rating:
  • 228 Votes - 2.82 Average
Dungeons and Dragons
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
Dungeons and Dragons
Have started playing this AWESOME pen and paper RPG with my mate and his friends. It opens a whole new dimension to RPGing for me and I believe you guys will enjoy it immensely as well.

Has anyone played it before?

FCAsm3amr A- C- D++ H+++ M P+ R+ T++ W- Z- Sf RLAT a cm++ d--- e++ f-- h* iw++ j p sf-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
RE: Dungeons and Dragons
I used to play the 2nd edition of it, but I haven't had a chance to sit down for a pen & paper version of the current 3/3.5 Ed.

Time consuming (especially for the DM), but definitely fun!
Thu Jul 26, 2007, 06:20 AM
Heh heh! Yeah I'd imagine. My unfortunate friend is the DM to a party of five very crazy and extremely imaginative characters. We're always out to steer his intended plot line as far away as possible. *grins and wriggles her little foxie ears*

Ooh the 3.5 version is heaps of fun! Alot more improved than it's predecessors I was told.

DarkLurker Wrote:I used to play the 2nd edition of it, but I haven't had a chance to sit down for a pen & paper version of the current 3/3.5 Ed.

Time consuming (especially for the DM), but definitely fun!

FCAsm3amr A- C- D++ H+++ M P+ R+ T++ W- Z- Sf RLAT a cm++ d--- e++ f-- h* iw++ j p sf-
Thu Jul 26, 2007, 11:52 AM
Yup, 3/3.5Ed is so much more streamlined than 2nd Ed, although it does have a few curious quirks here and there, especially for the powergamers! Winking

There's even a book out there that lets you roll up Anthro characters if you want you, can't remember the title though.
Thu Jul 26, 2007, 07:15 PM
Could it be White Wolf's "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" / "Werewolf: The Forsaken" or something close?

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'll take over.

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
- Achilles

[Image: BadDayAtOffice.gif]
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
Renegade Wrote:Could it be White Wolf's "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" / "Werewolf: The Forsaken" or something close?

Ah, that's a whole different game system all together. Winking There are a few furry specific RPGs out there by the fandom, look around for IronClaw and JadeClaw. I don't know how they are like to play though.

The D&D supplement I was mentioning is Savage Species for D&D. I recall it only has a short section on it (I believe the rest of the book is for getting the usual D&D monsters in as PC), but its better than nothing.
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 12:51 PM
Had a brush with the old AD&D back in the 90s. Couldn't really keep interest with it for some odd reason. .. Got a nice collection of dices during that short time though (Oooo .. shiny!)
Renegade Wrote:Could it be White Wolf's "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" / "Werewolf: The Forsaken" or something close?
DarkLurker Wrote:I don't know how they are like to play though.
Last I heard one of our Singaporean AA members plays that with a group. He said you sort of RP it literally in real motions and actions in a urban setting where the group would usually gather.
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 01:00 AM
Canis Enigmas Wrote:Last I heard one of our Singaporean AA members plays that with a group. He said you sort of RP it literally in real motions and actions in a urban setting where the group would usually gather.

I think that would be LARP?

[Image: steam_statimage.php?p=bigwuffflex&s=01b]

[Image: 8tx7cg][Image: 9xwqkh]
[Image: 735yny][Image: 9h2xvd]
[Image: axyhxc][Image: 72r3kd]
[Image: 87d6x6][Image: 87ugnk]

My FurAffinity
My DeviantArt
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
I heard there's a special set of rules for the LARP version, but outdoor activities for geeky RPG stuff? HERESEY I tell you! Winking
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 08:24 PM
I'm reading the sourcebook for Werewolf: The Apocalypse and I am loving every single bit of it. Spell F-U-N everyone!!!

Must pester my kiwi furry friends to play this with me sometime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dungeon & Dragons - Beginner Campaign Wulfe 57 19,574 Tue May 31, 2011 09:37 PM
Last Post: veemaster