Thread Rating:
  • 170 Votes - 2.85 Average
anthrocon 2007
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:37 AM
RE: anthrocon 2007
Kyuu_Ronso Wrote:
DarkLurker Wrote:There was even a pair of protesters in afros outside the con on Thursday, but they turned the tables on them quickly and were left out soaking in the rain haha.

Haha, heard of that bit on Funday Pawpets episode 339, with pictures of them standing there under the rain protesting against furries. What got me amused is that Uncle Kagi went over and shield them (the protestors) with umbrella that has the AnthroCon logo printed on them. The protestors are protected by AnthroCon *snrks*

Sure wish i could save up to head for AC to experience the event there. Seems exciting. :3

Yup, Uncle Kage also said that during the Story Hour too. I took some pictures before it started raining of them, but they're all gone by end of Thursday and never came back.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 09:30 PM
Lets see if the atachment works...

This is a photo I took of the protest way before the rain started and they're forced across the street to where I was standing. I think this during lunch time (about 12 - 1 PM).

Only have a few other snaps of the con itself though.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  us.jpg (Size: 79.59 KB / Downloads: 108)
.jpg  them.jpg (Size: 93.67 KB / Downloads: 105)
Sun Jul 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
>> Thanks for the figures, DL. It'll help in planning. Smile (Damn, that's three-four months salary for a teaching job.)

Assuming AnthroCon is still On (lol rhyme) after a few years, and there're no international b***s*** preventing people named "Bin Whatever" coming in, I'd expect to stop fabricating AC visits sometime. LOL!

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 05:22 PM
Kyuu_Ronso Wrote:
DarkLurker Wrote:There was even a pair of protesters in afros outside the con on Thursday, but they turned the tables on them quickly and were left out soaking in the rain haha.

Haha, heard of that bit on Funday Pawpets episode 339, with pictures of them standing there under the rain protesting against furries. What got me amused is that Uncle Kagi went over and shield them (the protestors) with umbrella that has the AnthroCon logo printed on them. The protestors are protected by AnthroCon *snrks*

Sure wish i could save up to head for AC to experience the event there. Seems exciting. :3
so thats why ive seeing comments about protesters were given umbrellas by the folks in ac x3

well im tempted to go though im just too young XP
Find all posts by this user
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 08:03 PM
lightning64 Wrote:well im tempted to go though im just too young XP

Take the opportunity to save up for it and make it a reality when the time comes! Smile
Sun Aug 05, 2007, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: Sun Aug 05, 2007 08:28 AM by Pyurio.)
If AC is still kickin by the next five years I might be able to go there too. I am dissapointed with the /b/tards, they don't put on their promise to hold a all-out large-scale demonstration, only comeout with a petty group of dozen or so dudes.

Quote:Assuming AnthroCon is still On (lol rhyme) after a few years, and there're no international b***s*** preventing people named "Bin Whatever" coming in, I'd expect to stop fabricating AC visits sometime.

True story, my friend got a problem getting to the US of A due to his name having Mohd. in it.

I'm not good with people

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthrocon 2011 cartoonwolf 7 3,995 Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:17 AM
Last Post: nightPhaser
  Anthrocon 2010 DarkLurker 13 6,514 Mon Aug 30, 2010 03:20 AM
Last Post: DarkLurker
  Anthrocon 2008 DarkLurker 13 6,328 Thu Jul 31, 2008 03:49 PM
Last Post: Vince_03
  Furcon NZ 2007 Desiderata 3 2,206 Thu Dec 27, 2007 04:25 AM