Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Write A Picture
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Feb 10, 2011 09:51 AM by nightPhaser.)
RE: Write A Picture
'Good evening, my name is Adam Primaeros. My mother, Meenah Agualena, was the eldest of the clutch, and despite the usual tradition of the eldest male being the one to carry spoken folklore, my grandfather decided to pass them on to her. I will tell you a story now, one she has told me before. It is about a crow.

It was the time after the ten birds of fire descended upon the world and scorched it to ash, and the world had just finished healing itself, being made anew. A goddess, whose true name was lost to us, was handing out pomegranate seeds to the surviving creatures with bones in their backs: two-legged and four, toothed and beaked, scaled and furred. The seed was her gift and her promise, none of the creatures refused it.

None except a single crow. He tossed his head back, letting the seed fly over and behind him, while pretending to swallow. When the time came, all the creatures who took the seed into themselves awoke to sapience and civilisation, but that one crow did not. The goddess was nonplussed and a bit forlorn about it, asking him why he refused the gift, since he would not be allowed into the newly-reformed world without it.

"Aye," he said, "I am sorry for your distress, Great Mother, but I think I will keep these fingerless arms and remain a citizen of the sky.

Mourn me not, you still have my sons and daughters playing in your garden and I will watch over them no less than I already do."

Satisfied, the goddess left the Crow to remain at the edge of known Creation, listening to the plights of those who once had wings.

The end.'

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 09:39 AM
RE: Write A Picture
Quote:'I've been walkin' these streets so long, singin' the same ol' song. I know every crack in these dirty sidewalks of Broadway.'

Footsteps echo on the pavement. A crow caws, the rustle of feathers, and it vanishes. The dirty yellow glare from the streetlamps casts shadows on those underneath it. Cars, all empty, line the street.

'Where hustle's the name of the game, and nice guys get washed away like the snow and the rain.'

The sound of leather on fabric. Near-silent snkt of a blade. The footsteps draw closer. A few streets away, a car alarm breaks the silence of the night. Apartment lights go out. The night casts its cloak over the city.

'There's been a load of comprimisin' on the road to my horizon.'

Footsteps grow faster, the semblance of peace gives way to an ear-piercing scream. Light flashes on metal. Out of the corner of the eye, a homeless man drags a beaten-up shopping cart full of stuff down an alley. The cart is very noisy, very noisy indeed.

'But I'm gonna be where the lights are shining on me~'

Twist, parry, take the arm under mine. Fist smashes into face, grip on arm released. Flesh greets pavement, and the clatter of metal on concrete echoes through the alleyway. Blood slowly flows from a broken nose.

'Like a Rhinestone Cowboy. Ridin' out on a horse in a Star-Spangled Rodeo~'

Disappear down the sidewalk. Footsteps. Just another night. Another night in the city. The big city.

I'll probably make another post with another story. This just happened to hop into my mind within the past 5 minutes.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Which one to write first.... Theshadows64 3 2,811 Sun Dec 20, 2009 03:57 AM
Last Post: Theshadows64