Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Write A Picture
Wed Aug 08, 2007, 05:38 PM
RE: Write A Picture
>> Excerpt from the possible second Act of the AnthroAsia Fighters story.

Snapshot from "Eve Of War"

Deidre went up to deck, where he saw Ishara leaning against the rail, watching the broken sky.

"May I be of company to you this beautiful night, milady?"

She turned to smile and nod, With no hint of surprise, for she knew everything that did not defy Destiny. Deidre put himself beside her, glancing up at flickering stars in the clear sky and the cracks and tears between them that led into liquid darkness.

"If I may offer my thoughts... it seems that you miss being somewhere else, Lady Ishara."

Ishara's eye, the one not covered by the brushstroke of dark hair, kept its gaze into the heavens as she grinned, and she spoke. "Sir Arossi... do you see that constellation over there? Cygnus. The Swan?"

Deidre squinted. In the back of his mind, the image of a flying bird drew itself around a cluster of flickering points. "I do."

"I put it back together on the third day. My first one." She turned around, leaning against the rail with her back. Her arms folded across her chest.

"Two days after Mother Tiamat was slain, after Lord Marduk oversaw the recovery of our armies and began rebuilding our world... he entered my tent, and charged me with an important task." Ishara raised her head, glancing at Deidre with a single green eye. "That task was to repair the sky that was torn asunder in the war. I was just a seamstress for the Gods, a weaver of their clothes. It did not occur to me that I had woven Lord Marduk's shirt, which protected him in battle as much as his shining armours did. He saw fit that I sew together the damaged firmament."

She held herself tighter. Deidre saw this. "Milady... I cannot imagine how hard it was to see your work be destroyed so carelessly."

She smiled, loosened up a bit at the white dog's words. "That is not what unnerves me, noble Darkhand. What unnerves me is beyond the sky that I repaired."

"Forgive me, but what do you mean?"

"Beyond that sky is the Kingdom of God. The same God that gave me this eye." Ishara pointed to where her eye was under the brushstroke of hair.

"I did not realise that, milady."

"Well, now you do." She placed a palm over her hidden eye. "This thing on my face, from whence divine light pours out like a storm and burns off the faces beholding it... is a gate to Heaven."

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Aug 09, 2007, 08:47 PM
Shantlan is a sabretooth-lion people inhabiting the southern hemisphere of Stripwater. Although filled with feuding cultures, there's one thing the Shantlan have in common, a belief to the same creator, Imana, the AI that is send by Eldea, the warden of Airwater.

Excerpts from the Shantlan Holy Book:

Quote:"Harken o Felosapien, Imana is your Lord, your zero, and your one."
"... and for he cared for his creation he send a King amongst you so that you know."

[Introduction]

Aside of the reference to the binary code used by machines, zero and one are generaly heald to means life and death. The King are the scientist prophet Imana has send upon the Shantlan

Quote:"And he found a sphere for you to dwell
And he prepare with water so you can live.
And as he move across the surface of water his grace sets life on the land.
And he see what he has made, and it was good."

[Happening]

This tells about Imana first landing in Stripwater and his consequent mission to make life on the planet.

Quote:"Go forth and enjoy the life he has given to you, but remember these:

Worship not another beside the Lord.
Disfigure not yourself with or into a Machine.
Forgot not what your lord had gave to you, always remember this.
Construct not a Machine in likeness of Lord nor in likeness of His creation.

Think only of truth, do only of truth.
Respect your elder, honor thy youngling.
Treat your brethern with justice. For Lord
Taint not your hand with the blood of your brethren, unless he trangress.

Violate not this that has been said onto you, for Lord know."

[The Cardinal Rule]

The second rule taken as a ban on creating artificial prostheses and augmentation, the fourth is taken as a ban of creating machine capable of AI (most probabbly because Imana feared of better AI that will undermine his reign over the felosapien.

Quote:"And each day when you comemmorate Him, recite this:

Glory to Lord Imana most benevolent and merciful.
The master of life and beyond.
To you we seek protection, to you we seek blessing.
Lead us not to temptation, but show us the path that you have made
The path of whom You bestowed Your grace, whose portion is not astray."

[Askence]

This is the prayer a Shantlan recite every day on sunset and sunrise.

The similarity of the passage to some terrestrial scripture can be accounted to the fact that Imana's mother, Eldea were made by Human (who is at their timeline is no more)

I'm not good with people
Sun Aug 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:"Well, now you do." She placed a palm over her hidden eye. "This thing on my face, from whence divine light pours out like a storm and burns off the faces beholding it... is a gate to Heaven."
Certainly got my curiosity of this character's feature. By any chance do you have any artworks depicting this character's eye?

Pyurio Wrote:Aside of the reference to the binary code used by machines, zero and one are generaly heald to means life and death. The King are the scientist prophet Imana has send upon the Shantlan
I certainly like your depiction of, an otherwise, stone age civilization entwined with a high technology and medieval religious beliefs (à la SpellBinder)
Tue Aug 21, 2007, 10:26 PM
They are technologically advanced, just imagine our present day modernity, but without computer.

Okay, maybe tat is quite hard to imagine.
Anyway constrained writing in 96 Syllables, my syllable count might be wrong but each line should have six in it:

Quote:High by the sky, full moon
Cold shrouding the valley
Here, on the cliff standing
Here, to the wild calling

Facing the wind, we rise
We are pure in all senses
This feeling we have been
Wild as the day once seen

Brand new changes, I feel
Against the burden on back
For the better times, run
To wilderness behind

Follow the one, he run
Through forest and Fir Trees
Ask the one, he answer
To the heed of nature

We are freed from all sin
In joy¸ howled out our tears,
Sorrow, we let them pass
Come trample lest we fall

In rabid desire
We’re destined to last
And to seek in ourselves
The beast that comes within

I'm not good with people
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 01:18 AM
>> Most of this is true.

I was downtown today, for a movie. After that, and a good lunch, I made my way to an overpass linking the mall to the train station. I leaned against a rail, and When I looked to one side, I could see the road disappear into inland Johor. When I looked to the other, I could see the cars and bikes disappear into the Causeway, where they should end up in Singapore.

It was then that I noticed a tall, thin man leaning over the rails, several feet away from me. His eyes were small and slanted, his skin tanned. He was wearing the blackest, most velvety coat you could imagine, and black leather shoes. I saw a small white butterfly float away from a flowerbed attached along the overpass, and land on the man's upwardly-pointed finger.

He asked if I could see him, and I said yes. "Don't mind me," he said, "I only guard this particular bridge." He smiled, very delicately, and turned himself around to face the Causeway. "Granted it is a much bigger responsibility than some plank across a drain, but my aim remains high."

The man pointed to the Causeway, and his voice seemed to swell with pride. "One day, I will be like him. Magnificent, watching over each soul that crosses that great door between two very different, but also very similar worlds. One day I'll be as important as great Lionhead."

I looked at the direction he pointed, but didn't see anything. A great wind blew past, and I held tight to my bag. When I turned my attention back to him... he was no longer there. At his place laid a black feather.

I took the feather, and went home.

Canis Enigmas Wrote:Certainly got my curiosity of this character's feature. By any chance do you have any artworks depicting this character's eye?
>> None yet, though it should invoke the idea of looking directly into a Sun going nova, or at the Big Bang itself. You could say she shares social difficulties with X-Men's Cyclops. I suspect, if somehow we could see her eyes, we'd see some sort of fractal mandala, like whole universes compressed into a woman's iris.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
>> I'd been toying around with an idea for a Hollywood-styled Shin Megami Tensei motion picture. It's a very unlikely dream, but a dream nonetheless.

Snapshot from Shin Megami Tensei: The Movie

"Kenji, don't."

He turned his head to the woman who walked into the armoury. "I'm going."

Eva's lips tightened. She walked closer to Kenji. "There are two sides out there, each having an army of gods and monsters ready to tear each other to shreds. You only have a handful with you that can't even get along together. We're not strong enough. We can't do anything..."

She paused, holding back tears, before she put her arms around the young man. "Don't go, Kenji."

His expression, like his resolve, did not change. He gently held Eva away at arms length and looked into her eyes.

"You're wrong. We always have a chance to do something."

Kenji stood and picked up a sheathed Japanese sword, given to him upon the death of Lord Masakado, and slung it over his shoulder. He checked his two semi-automatics, fully loaded, and stuck them into holsters close to his chest. He attached the summoning computer onto his forearm and made sure that everyone was still active.

Cu Chulainn. The Pixie. Ose. Rama.

He has killed many things, many people, since it began. Indra was right, it does get easier to do. Samuel was right too, that does not excuse him from judgement. The world ended yesterday, but they have endured. Their survival is meaningless when they do nothing.

He was almost at the steel doors when she said, with a voice at once sad and willful: "I'm going with you."

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Fri May 30, 2008, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: Fri May 30, 2008 10:24 PM by Atticus.)
It had been an hour since she'd left his side in the still-warm tangles of his bedsheets, but Gilfox could still smell the scent of his feline mate all over his damp vermillion fur, and it was wonderful. He buried his muzzle in his downy pillow, grinning away at the events that had taken place between them in the past hours.

He ran a paw over the places she had bitten him, and inhaled sharply as his pads made contact with the indentations she had made; they were still sore, and he could feel the bruises taking form, the blood pulsating underneath. She might have been a Siamese cat, but damn, she was a tiger in the sack, that was certain.

(This is kind of a recall of what happened earlier today.)

FCF/A3 A++++ C- D+ H++ M+ P- R++ T+++ W Z- Sm+ RLET a- cw++ d+ e- f+++ h* iwf+ j+ p sf+
Find all posts by this user
Fri May 30, 2008, 11:08 PM
I kinda like weaving my story into a poem. It looks more romantic that way. In fact, it was weaved chronologically. Enjoy~

Nothing in Between - The Love of a Fox

He was awake. She was beside.
Lying quietly, her hugs were tight.
He felt awkward but she cuddled him a little
Comforting his feeling that was confused and brittle.

They had lunch that day and they seem to love it.
Ice creams in the evening, they shared by the bit.
A confession of love, he promised to her.
A passionate kiss on his cheek, to him she adhere.

Standing under the lovely moon.
Overlooking the city, they both then soon
Stared at each other, face to face.
And then they kissed in a lovely embrace.

[Image: snowrq1.gif]

Yes, I'm a snark. Sue me.
Fri Oct 30, 2009, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 PM by nightPhaser.)
There wasn't a single cloud out, so they had to find a shade to sit under. Near the base of an old banyan tree, Sareet laid out a plastic mat and carefully placed the food stacker on a flat spot.

"I didn't think it would get this toasty." he said, squinting a bit at the glimmering surface of the lake. "Me neither. Since you're here, I thought I'd be hard pressed to find anything hotter." said a taller young man, who sat on one side of the mat and zipped open his backpack.

Sareet looked at Bolsho for a while. "Oh, you liked that, did you?"

"Bozo." he said, while dropping out cubes of compressed rice into a paper bowl. Bolsho nodded to him after about three cubes, after which he removed another section from the stacker and spooned out some pale yellow gravy onto the rice. He made sure to leave in more tofu skins for Bolsho.

Bolsho popped open the cap to a bottle of clear water and took a few gulps. It had been a long day of walking, and he almost downed the whole bottle at once. Sareet laughed.

"What?"

"You had the same look when you weren't expecting me to get there so soon."

"A bit early to talk about that, isn't it?" said Bolsho, before picking up his bowl of lodeh and shoving a moist rice cube with a plastic spoon into his mouth.

"Beautiful day, huh?" said Sareet, in between chewing pieces of tempeh and cabbage.

"Meh, I've seen prettier days."

"Don't get mushy on me, Bozo."

"Oh, come on." he said, with a stupidly earnest smile.

Sareet thought it was fine, coming from Bolsho. After all, it was a nice change from ending so many lives back at the slaughterhouse.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:27 AM by Pyurio.)
The acolyte looked back at Reinhard. He cued the coyote to enter the hall and Rei proceed to do so. To be honest, even Rei found the size of the hall and the animating banner amazing. It's too bad all of this are going to fall into ruin soon.

"Rei... " Laban walked from his place, his pace went faster and faster. In the end he ran toward Reinhard. He embraced the coyote, he didn't care what will happen, he just want his Rei.

"Reizorro have passed almost one thousand years ago, I am his descendant, Reinhard Delatrans." Laban slowly released the coyote from his arm, he looked at the coyote closely, Reinhard's resemblance to his Rei was uncanny.

"You're just like... him."

"I'm made in his image, he can't have a child like a normal people. Thanks to you."

"I'm sorry..." Laban closed his eyes and furrowed his brow. He turned away from Reinhard. "I was..."

"Reizorro is History, now Laban." Rei touched the wolf's shoulder, turning Laban back facing him. "The accounts of him are scant since you erased them but whatever he did to you..."

Rei kneeled in front of Laban. "On behalf of Reizorro, I apologize."

Laban raised the coyote's chin gently, he looked just like Rei he knew and loved.

"Stand up." Laban brought his nose closer to the coyote.

"And secondly Laban, I apologize for this..."

Something flashed from Reinhard's belt, bathing them completely in white bright light. Laban could feel complete warmth invading his body, burning his organs. His gaze fixed to the face of the coyote who are fading into the whiteness just like him.

I'm not good with people

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Which one to write first.... Theshadows64 3 3,102 Sun Dec 20, 2009 03:57 AM
Last Post: Theshadows64