Thread Rating:
  • 294 Votes - 2.78 Average
Nostalgia TV
Thu Oct 07, 2004, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:09 AM by Canis Enigmas.)
Nostalgia TV
Lets go up to the attics of our memories and start dusting out those old TV shows and cartoons that filled our childhood with such fun and has brought us closer to the anthro fandom. :wink:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 07:38 PM

I was a great fan of Rescue Rangers, anyone remember that show? 8)

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 08:26 PM

I remember a cartoon back when I was 5 - 6 called Basket Fever, about 2 rival gangs consisting mainly of canine anthros, battling each other to gain more reputation while dealing with some mature matters. (like the female dobie of the baddies making all the guys in the team experience leg waxing).

The good team's female golden retriever was the hottie of the show, but that's as much as I remember. There have been no record of this cartoon online or ever, not even in the Saturday Morning Cartoons database.

I kill you with chopsticks.
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 11:42 PM

Ahh the famous Rescue Rangers. The show that catapulted Disney's two playfull chipmunks to an almost cult status.

Strange.. I can't recall any cartoon named Basket Fever. Then again, I wasn't much of a fan for these sport teams type of cartoons.

I do recall one show that, although was pretty bad (even when it first came out), did captivate my imagination for anthros. Don't think many of you could remember a show called "The Adventures Of T-Rex" about a group of (rather small) anthro dinosaur brothers being super heroes with the help of high tech mecha-like suits.
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 09:43 AM

Right off the top of my oddly-shaped head:

Biker Mice From Mars. Sezzy meeces... hawhawhaw. Tongue

TailSpin. I miss that one, loved how they re-did The Jungle Book characters.

The short-lived Road Rovers, though I don't know if it counts as an 'old' cartoon. Eeh.

Didn't there used to be a cartoon with anthro sharks in big cars, or something. Anybody recall?

I know there's more I used to watch, but I can't remember. *sigh* Google time!

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 09:49 AM

Anthro sharks? Could you mean Street Sharks? Or is it another cartoon?

[Image: steam_statimage.php?p=bigwuffflex&s=01b]

[Image: 8tx7cg][Image: 9xwqkh]
[Image: 735yny][Image: 9h2xvd]
[Image: axyhxc][Image: 72r3kd]
[Image: 87d6x6][Image: 87ugnk]

My FurAffinity
My DeviantArt
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 09:59 AM
Old Canine Cartoons
Strange that no one here mentioned about Jim Henson's Dog City.
I miss the good old days of simpler and genuinely-accessibly fun cartoons.

I got nostalgia for you right here: Meet the Feebles.

I kill you with chopsticks.
Wed Jan 05, 2005, 04:53 PM

Watched whole lotta cartoons on TV when I was a kid, but one of the most notable cartoons to ever hit the local channels was Kong: The Animated Series on NTV7 around a year or 2 ago. Most of the characters in the cartoon have the ability to merge with animals and they in turn become giant furries. O_O I sank deeper into furries and macros after that nontheless.

-- Delta-HT
[AnthroAsia.com administrator]
Thu Jan 06, 2005, 02:08 AM

nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:Right off the top of my oddly-shaped head:

Biker Mice From Mars. Sezzy meeces... hawhawhaw. Tongue

TailSpin. I miss that one, loved how they re-did The Jungle Book characters.

The short-lived Road Rovers, though I don't know if it counts as an 'old' cartoon. Eeh.
If I created a list of my most favourite cartoon series, those 3 would be in the top 10. Road Rovers was the best anthro cartoon in its time creating countless fans in its first few shows. Strangely it was also one of the shortest, only running for one season so it seems. Created quite a lot of heartbreaks to many fans as well. Wonder why it ended??

Quote:Didn't there used to be a cartoon with anthro sharks in big cars, or something. Anybody recall?
That has to be Street Sharks, a pretty famous cartoon series which introduced the Extreme Dinosaurs which later split to their own show. There is just so many cartoons in our childhood, I'd be amazed if I could even remember half of them. :shock:

Quote:Strange that no one here mentioned about Jim Henson's Dog City.
I miss the good old days of simpler and genuinely-accessibly fun cartoons.
The name is vaguely familiar ... ah yes .. a search in toonarific.com brings back memories. I do remember this show and its puppet host but somehow I only managed to watch about 2 or 3 episodes. Must have been clashing with either a tution class or some other stuff. Tongue

Quote:I got nostalgia for you right here: Meet the Feebles.
Unfortunately I have no memory at all of that movie. Didn't actually go to a movie theater till I was in my teens.
Thu Jan 06, 2005, 06:06 PM

Did anyone say Road Rovers? Well, that's one of my most favorite one. However it's one of the shortest among all the WB cartoon series. If my memory serves me right, it only consists of 13 episodes. How I wish that they could extend the series though :roll: