Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 159 Votes - 3.06 Average
Future Plans For AnthroMalaysia And Its Forums
Sun Jan 02, 2005, 02:18 PM
Future Plans For AnthroMalaysia And Its Forums
Okay! Finally our server host brought their servers back online after some unexplained downtime. AnthroMalaysia's forums is back in buisness.

Here's what's going down : our domain name (anthromalaysia.info) won't remain free for long. After September 2005, it will be charging at least RM35 for it. And since the start of this forums, we've suffered 2 frustratingly long downtime (one of which was caused by a hurricane hitting the server site in Florida)

Change of Host
So in view of this, we're going to change our hosting to a local company within Malaysia's borders, with our own domain and paying the yearly charges for it. Payment for the hosting would come from anthros who wish to host their own websites on the server and from donations.

New Features
We would also be placing in new features into the forums. One suggestion would be to have the ability to pass Gift Artwork between forum members.
Please post up your suggestions on what features you think should make AnthroMalaysia's future site be a lot more interesting.

Request For Help
Now hardly any of us are proficient in designing and maintaining a large site. So I humbly ask if anyone out there who is pro in this and is willing to donate some of their free time to code, maintain or just tutor some of us on how to do so.

Change Of Group Name
We're also planning to change our name in order to welcome other anthros from nearby countries, hopefully those in ASEAN member nations. We need suggestions on the new name for the group.

This lame jackal's suggestions would be :
ASEAN (Anthros of South East Asian Nasions)
SEAA (South East Asian Anthros)

To prevent our group from receiving such any of those lame names, please post up your suggestions and we would choose by number of votes. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 07:48 PM

Ehh... I don't know if this is the correct place to post reply to this... but is this forum's restricted to South-east Asia? If not, I think we can be more subtle on the mention of SE Asia as a forum name. Smile

How about "E.CAT" ? (Eastern Community of AnThropomorphism)

EDIT: lol I know I'm lame.

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Mon Jan 03, 2005, 11:53 PM

Fatdrake Wrote:EDIT: lol I know I'm lame.
Aren't we all?? Winking

Quote: Ehh... I don't know if this is the correct place to post reply to this... but is this forum's restricted to South-east Asia? If not, I think we can be more subtle on the mention of SE Asia as a forum name. Smile

As much as I would like to have anthros join us from other eastern countries, we must keep the community small enough for it to be like a family, where everyone knows everyone else and hence can support and help each other. Once a group becomes too large it would be almost certain, disagreements, miscommunication or even fights would break out between members. This is especially so when we go beyond into different cultures.

The name is mainly for the group. The forums obviously be named similarly to the group. However its free for anyone to join, from Japan to Europe to Alaska. As long as they have anthros at heart, our doors will remain open to welcome them.

Quote:
How about "E.CAT" ? (Eastern Community of AnThropomorphism)
Interesting suggestion. May sound a bit biased towards felines but I'll put it up in the final vote later on. Winking
Tue Jan 04, 2005, 02:25 AM

Initially it was "SEADOG" - South-East Asian Domain Of G[something]... but I can't figure out the G and the acronym is not crisp enough. Confused

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Google Ads on AA forums Delta-HT 4 19,866 Fri Sep 25, 2015 09:27 PM
Last Post: NezumiroHarmonia
  AnthroAsia.com forums now running on MyBB 1.2 Delta-HT 0 3,851 Wed Sep 06, 2006 09:39 PM
Last Post: Delta-HT
  Welcome to the new AnthroMalaysia forums! Delta-HT 5 3,817 Wed Jul 20, 2005 01:17 PM
Last Post: Jackalkun
  Forums will go offline Delta-HT 3 3,506 Sat Jan 08, 2005 02:24 AM
Last Post: Delta-HT