Thread Rating:
  • 285 Votes - 2.88 Average
Movies
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 12:50 AM
RE: Movies
[*]Silent Hill
New trailer here! Apparently it's mostly like SH1 in terms of story, and the look borrows from the first three games. The grime, the fog and the general toilet brown-ness is retained. Do notice the presence of a Pyramid Head somewhere, heehee.
It seems they had to make it a little more screamy to appease the masses, but I like the art direction so far.
Either the producer or director once worked on the gorgeous Les Pactes de Loup/Brotherhood Of The Wolf, so I expect a little more delicacy and respect given to the material compared to ol' Boll. I also like the release date...
(21st April, US)[/list]
>> About SH... where did'ya think think this came out of?

Yup did notice the Pyramid Head and also the Lying Figure http://www.morbid-obsession.com/series/s...-small.jpg

but isnt that those two creature suppose to be in just in James' consciousness who is tormented by feelings of guilt. The Lying Figure is a being that represents the image of a patient writhing in agony = A manifest of James suffering and The Pyramid Head is that he feel deserve to be punish?

plus most of the creature in Silent Hill are manifest from the anger and saddness from the heart of the protagonists, so every creature they think of is different

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 04:19 PM
nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:Aside from the usual things, I like Datuk Yeoh's voice.
Isn't that supposed to be "Datin" ? Tongue
Frankly, I find that she is the only actor in the movie that doesn't have a "falsetto" in her voice. If anything, she's the best and (dare I say) the only convincing actor in the movie.
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 09:55 PM
Oh Scary Movie 4 is coming up next XD

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 10:44 PM
Yay......Like to watch with someone I love ^^

[Image: 76561198034133982.png]
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 08:56 AM
YES!!! that's the best movie in the world..

Rarrr
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Feb 10, 2006 04:32 PM by Kyuuhari.)
Heard Final Destination 3 is opening this month, is that true? *excited and hypers*

[Image: steam_statimage.php?p=bigwuffflex&s=01b]

[Image: 8tx7cg][Image: 9xwqkh]
[Image: 735yny][Image: 9h2xvd]
[Image: axyhxc][Image: 72r3kd]
[Image: 87d6x6][Image: 87ugnk]

My FurAffinity
My DeviantArt
Fri May 19, 2006, 01:34 PM
>> I'll be out later today to see The Da Vinci Code.

Perhaps more for Audrey Tautou, and the pop-culture version of the mdm. Magdalene and her kiddo thing.

>> X-Men 3 next week, though with Brett Ratner on instead of Singer, who went for red tights over mutants with Superman Returns.

>> Other things, both showing and not screening: The Omen, Lady In The Water, A Scanner Darkly, The Fountain.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Fri May 19, 2006, 03:41 PM
RE:  Movies
nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:>> I'll be out later today to see The Da Vinci Code.

Just spotted the RSS headline of this article on Gizmodo (of all places). Go Click. Makes for a funny read... that is, if you're not a hardcore, die-hard fan of Dan Brown and the Da Vinci Code movie.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/davinci-code.htm/printable

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed May 24, 2006, 08:58 AM
>> Ghost Rider on February, 2007.

8D

On a related note, SMT's Hell Biker.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sun Oct 29, 2006, 03:06 PM
>> So, guys, what are some of the things you're looking forward to?

At the moment I could go for:

Pan's Labyrinth
I'm a sucker for the phrase "fairy tale for adults".

Flushed Away
Saw the trailer for this when I was watching Monster House. I like the fact that it's not as copycatty as a few animated films these days. >_>

Hellboy: Sword of Storms
While I really miss Mignola's black pools of ink, I probably could dig into this. I missed seeing Kate Corrigan in the film. For amatsukami's sake, it's got Raijin and Fuujin and other crap like that in it. (I think?)*

* Just what is up with things lately? Between 1920's Taisho-era stuff in Devil Summoner, general coolness in Okami, and Nipponhellboy...

Death Note
Haven't gotten too deep into Death Note stuff, but Kyuu seems excited about it. November 9th, last check.

Because I'm a beefcake-lovin' fruitcake, that's why. Tongue

>> I'm gonna try and see The Prestige a bit later this week.

>> Also, you guys do know they're making a Fantastic Four film that has Silver Surfer (and hence, you-know-who) in it, don't you? Bring on the cheese.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Two new movies you may wanna watch... Wynther Knight 4 2,580 Fri Nov 13, 2009 09:56 AM
Last Post: nightPhaser
  Trailers of upcoming movies you may wanna watch... Wynther Knight 5 2,899 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 PM
  Two new Superhero Animated Movies to add to my collection! Wynther Knight 3 3,556 Tue Apr 28, 2009 09:25 PM
  Rip-off CG animated movies MitoFox 2 2,872 Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:36 AM
Last Post: ArrWulf
  Ultraviolet, aka 10-In-1 Instant Movies nightPhaser 6 2,890 Wed Mar 15, 2006 07:35 PM
Last Post: Delta-HT