Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need your opinion on my arts so I can improve the right way!
Tue Feb 21, 2012, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Feb 21, 2012 05:40 PM by Milkgila.)
Need your opinion on my arts so I can improve the right way!
I am really into drawing, but I am just beginning, so I really need inputs on how best to improve my drawing based on my current style. So, my galleries are here:
http://milkgila.deviantart.com
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/milkgila/

Inputs are really appreciated Big smile !

-----> [Image: dragonbar_725755.png] <----
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
RE: Need your opinion on my arts so I can improve the right way!
It is a little hard to try and provide feedback on the few artworks you have in your galleries ... which in itself is a good advice Winking
Draw more. Lots more! Don't worry about quality, at this point quantity counts. You need to get more lines drawn in order to practice more.

But if you want a specific place to aim your practice on: Your "Rage" artwork is pretty good basic anatomy, but I think you could start working more on facial expressions as the character face seems to express "slight annoyance" rather than any form of anger.
Work on brows, eyelashes, eye shapes, mouth shapes and expressions, slight folds at the side of the mouth to enhance and intensify the expression ... stuff like that Winking
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I really appreciate your comments. Though, I must say, I am quite ambitious to make a very good picture? Do you think it's good to do it? Like, jumping from my phase into, lets say, realism?

Fri Feb 24, 2012, 08:48 AM
In short: You shouldn't bother.
Limiting your aim in practicing to a specific genre and category of arts is like limiting yourself to a style dancing before you've even learned how to walk :/

You should just focus on getting drawings done for the practice and experience. Whatever style or manner: realism, cartoonic or just plain random. Give a couple of years of practice, you'll naturally start to find your natural style and you'll slowly slide into the type of artwork you're comfortable and accustomed to.
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 07:54 PM
Alright then, I'll give it a try. Thanks Canis for your suggestions! Big smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AzureParagon's arts (and photos, etc.) AzureParagon 4 2,731 Mon Jan 03, 2011 06:21 PM
Last Post: AzureParagon
  Sneaky Arts of Kucing Kampung Ryuu Majin 5 2,956 Mon Apr 02, 2007 03:01 PM
Last Post: Ryuu Majin