Thread Rating:
  • 233 Votes - 2.81 Average
New RP : Cybernetic furries.
Mon May 02, 2005, 04:07 PM
New RP : Cybernetic furries.
I've been coming up with a kind of RP that involves alot of hacking involved,along with some gun fights,with characters of different strengths and weakness,so..here's the story :

"Its the year 3087,where a great chemical disaster changed the whole world,almost so drastically to the point that every single being on the world was totally changed.Even animals.The humans turned into genetic mutations which are in forms of half-animal,half-man(AKA anthropomorphic.),and animals too,growing and walking on two legs,with astonishingly increased agility and strength,matching the physical boon of the animal they take after.

With 'the change' in place,many things had happened.Some panicked and killed themselves.Some just took it as a blessing from God and lived their lives as normal as they can,while others took this boost as an advantage,stealing and killing on the streets as though they were kings of this concrete jungle.

Thus,the president had decided that he needed to find a group of covert operatives,ones that know all kinds of things,ones that have to be different from each other in strength and weaknesses to take down the toughest terrorists with their tactics and combined team-work.Will the covert ops be able to work with each other?Or will they also succumb to the advantages of their mutated bodies?"

In this RP,rules are in place too,and of course,without baddies,there can't be good guys.So,i'd like to know who's interested in this RP,and please tell me your fursona's strength and weaknesses,character,if available,combatiant or support,if he's a good guy or bad,and finally,if he has knowledge of computer skills.It'd help if you think up of a story of your character before & after 'the change'.

Hope that some people are interested!

~wuffers from Kai Whitewolf~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon May 02, 2005, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: Mon May 02, 2005 05:55 PM by DracoWong.)

count me in XD

Name: Derako T.

Height: 7 ft

Weight: 80 kg

Strength: Strong in martial art and sword fight, best at defence and offense in close range.

Weakness: Does not know how to use firearms and fear of water

Computer skills: Below average.

Characteristic: Easy going, no patient when come to action, kind and friendly.

Hang-out: mostly found at the fighting site trying to hunt down some terrorist, else just some place got shades resting peacefully

Before the change, he is just a normal martial art teacher teaching all kind of self defence. He belive that is imprortant to master the physical mind body and soul in this new area compare then technology. But many people just dont care and look down on him that such method is too old fashion or out dated in this high advance technology they can have now. So the dojo he open was not a success.

During one day of the GCD (Great Chemical Disaster), he found himself have change into a dragon and he notice the inner strength that he have learning all his life, are able to produce physical magnetics powers to create a sheild and able to manipulate object. But with such power he was got backfire when some water got touch his body during he using the power and create an eletric shock stuning back at himself.

Since he see the world now is in caos and needed help, he decide to venture out to prove that martial art are still in good use no matter when the year is.

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Mon May 02, 2005, 05:27 PM

sounds good to me,though not too sure of what your person's character is like..like short-tempered but honest,or something like that. Good work though!

Mon May 02, 2005, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: Mon May 02, 2005 08:21 PM by nightPhaser.)

Heheheheh.... it's like a low-calorie Shin Megami Tensei IV with spec-ops flavour.

LOL!

Kai... it is good, yep. ^_^ I can help with some of the science, if you'd like, though I'm no Biologist.

EDIT(9.00pm)

To Kai, my 2-sen on some stuff:

After some thought, considering the concepts you're probably thinking about, having it in the 31st Century wouldn't be quite so appropriate. More can happen and change in one millenium than you might think, especially as we go further into the future, and at that stage most of the values and situations that we would consider present wouldn't be around anymore. That includes presidencies, present political concerns, tactics, and many mundane technologies. In other words, the 31st Century might be too far ahead to use some of the themes you're suggesting.

My estimate for a good period would be around the 22nd or 23rd Centuries, since at that stage we'd probably have a good grasp of nanotechnology, exotic biology and have the science level that would allow for such a worldwide "chemical disaster", yet still be sociopolitically consistent with our current situation. There are more relevant concerns that can be addressed with that level of humanity's immaturity. ^_^

But then stories about The Great Change are sorta messy in the science department, but I've been furry long enough to work something out. I would love to discuss more of this with you, so I'll see ya on Yahoo or something, yeah? Big smile

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Mon May 02, 2005, 07:25 PM

nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:Heheheheh.... it's like a low-calorie Shin Megami Tensei IV with spec-ops flavour.

LOL!

Is good, yep. ^_^ I can help with some of the science, if you'd like, though I'm no Biologist.

lol now you mention it, it do look like Shin Megami Tensei in some way XD.

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Tue May 03, 2005, 09:35 AM

Originally,i made this out to be a comic i wanted to work on,but couldn't find enough resources to get it done..so i decided i'd might as well make it into an RP,since i'd like to share it with you guys.

I didn't realise how close it was related to Shin Megami Tensei,but then..reason why i said the word hacking.There is something like a virtual world called 'cybernet'.Its the place where most of the interesting stuff will take place.Part of this idea i got from CY girls.Though instead,this time more people have the technology,and are using it to hack into systems to get the things they want,or bribery and all that.

There will also be stuff like laser rifles,though will be rare at that moment since nanotech is heavily on the way.as you go along the way,i'll try to explain a little more,though i'd note,that at this point,weapons like normal swords are very,very rare now,since they have stuff like plasma blades.

And Nikki,i sure don't mind the help.I'll be having much problems of creativity since i will most probably not be joining the RP as a player,but as a sort of "dungeon master",playing out all the NPCs and narrating.Its tough,but well...it keeps me busy.

Tue May 03, 2005, 01:02 PM

it seems abit getting closer to Matrix XD where's agent Smith? :twisted:

Tue May 03, 2005, 09:51 PM

Noooo!no Agent Smith!!!

Wed May 04, 2005, 12:28 PM

Why not? I was planning on making a character like that.

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Wed May 04, 2005, 02:33 PM

From a conversation the other day, and some rumination on it, this RP has a definite, more clean-cut version of the cyberpunk flavour to it. References to The Matrix may be inaccurate because the world Kai has in mind has in its general theme, the effects of everyone turning into furries/anthros. Not the ramifications of a virtual/cyber world (or at least, it's not a central theme).

I'm building up a character piece-by-piece at the moment, and she'll be an antagonist. I use the word loosely, because I've taken a liking to SMT:Nocturne's moral flexibility. I'll look forward to having her kick your pretty arses, or something. ^_^

Random related fact:
With great embarassment, I found out the other day that Digital Devil Saga is not a direct sequel in the Shin Megami Tensei series at all, but is a spinoff like Persona. The distributing company slapped on the SMT label to increase sales or something. The full title of DDS is Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner 1/2. The American release of the 2nd part of the saga is slated for later this year.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Cool [Furcadia] Over thousand furries playing this game! AlphaWulfKiba 11 7,672 Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:48 AM
Last Post: Ruffie