Thread Rating:
  • 215 Votes - 2.86 Average
How to play
Mon May 02, 2005, 12:52 PM
How to play
haha first here XD
this will be the place for you guys to see how is it suppose to play, rulse and regulation....must follow the protocols XD

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon May 02, 2005, 01:05 PM

Wait, these haven't been drafted yet... You'll have to wait a while... xD

-- Delta-HT
[AnthroAsia.com administrator]
Mon May 02, 2005, 01:36 PM

got this from neoheaven

Hello to everyone who is visiting this message board meant for Role-playing. I'm here to lay down some rules that we've established here (Yayyy fun! Don't worry this won't take long). I know you probably really don't want to read this, but it's important... please read it D: I'll be sad if you don't, and then I'll cry ;;
Well, not really. But I'll still be sad when I see you kicked out of a thread for not following the rules. For some time, we've met with some pretty big urksome... things... around here. It's finally come down to just laying down the rules. They aren't strict, they aren't even that difficult. The goal is still to have fun writing. And we do mean writing... I'll get to that in a bit.

If you have done roleplaying on other message boards before, I don't think it's going to be worlds different from the way it is here, anyway. So here we go.

1.A) Bassically, god-moding and power-playing is not alowed. This includes things like if your character is hit in someone else's post, you're expected to write notice and take damage to it in your next post. You can't dissmiss it by saying your character is say, immune to physical damage because he/she is just that powerful. That's like playing god, and that is not alowed.

1.B)Along with godly defense, includes godly attacks. You can't post saying your character totally wipes out the problem with unmatchable magic powers or something like that, thus totally eliminating the purpose of an RP in the first place. You'll get trash-talked and slammed real quick if you do that ;p

2.) People who RP here really appreciate descriptive posts. If you throw out short little one-sentence posts that doesn't seem to accomplish a single thing for the progress of the story, you'll just agrivate people. We like to have posts be at least an extensive paragraph long or more (a little longer than a "short paragraph", too). We're all writers in one form or another here, and we like to write, and I know you probably do too Smile I know that won't be a problem for you. It rarely is, but it has happened, and we like to address it. An example of a bad post would be:

"Tom approaches Jim and says, 'Hey, give me the five bucks you owe me.'"

And that's it. End of post. That's not good. It's just easier to get into the story if you write a bit more.

3.A) Taking liberties with other peoples' characters in your posts is something that comes with a little difficulty to everybody, I think. Just try your best to become familiar with everyone's character who is in the RP you're in, so that when you have to write interactions with other characters, you don't accidently make them say something that's totally out of character. This goes hand in hand with describing your character as necessary for other people, and to pay attention to other peopels' posts when they're introducing themselves in a new story. Here's a scenario.

My character is Rynn. I'm writing a post interacting with Eej's character... Eej. (Hah, sorry Eej, you're my guinea pig today). If I write that Rynn gets horribly upset at Eej, and yells at him, I have to first know what kind of reaction Eej would have according to his character. I can't just write that he runs away crying like a two-year-old. That's not in his character (I hope ;p).

So be familiar with other peoples' characters as soon as possible.

3.Cool this includes fighting with villians that were created BY other players, FOR the purpose of the RP- and also ties in with rules 1A and 1B. You can't kill off somebody else's villian in one post. You also can't create a villian who cannot take damage. An RP has to go somewhere, and if you do this, it's kind of hard.

4.) As far as creating characters go, they can be sci-fi characters, fantasty characters... pretty much anything... I think... as long as they're not god-like or allpowerful or whatever. Make sure you get across to other players what and who your character is, and address what he/she is like personality-wise. If you have a character that is a nasty, self-centered you-know-what, but you yourself are nice and polite, there's no problem, we're all the same way in that respect (at least I am) Smile

5.) Language content here is something I'm not sure about. I've been known to go out of the happy PG-rated language in my posts, but then, most of us here are over thirteen and really don't care. I would take that up with Mr. Tim (Sycle) if I were you Tongue

6.A) if somebody creates an RP thread, they "own" that thread (and story), and the right to kick you out if you break rules, or behave in a manner they don't appreciate. If you are the owner of a thread, think and try to work things out before you decide to kick somebody out.

6.Cool The story in an RP thread is difficult to finish. If a thread owner fails to move the story along, the thread can "die", or fall down the list on the message board and dissappear to the next page of threads. If players lose interest, or don't know what to post next, the thread loses posts, and thus the story dies. The thread holder has to be able to move the story along, but not keep it so loose that mass chaos insues. At the same time, the owner of the RP can't keep the story so tight that everybody follows a set path, does exactly what the story calls for, and gets bored posting and decides to leave... I hope that makes sense. That's why it's difficult to find an RP that's gone from start to finish.

7.) Don't revive month-old threads that NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY has interest in. Especially if the thread isn't even for an RP. If it's a thread somebody posted a question in months ago, please don't revive it. It just makes Eej- I mean, everybody mad. ;p If it's an RP that you are/were in, and you want to know if anybody is still interested, you can probably post once in that thread and ask. If nobody responds, then you have your answer right there ;p

I've probably forgotten details, but I don't want to turn this into a school lecture, so I'll leave the questioning up to you. Otherwise, RPing here is basically just writing stories. There's no dice-rolling, or HP or MP or... any of that weird stuff that's reserved for board games and video games. Just imagination and common sense. Have fun.

In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil\'s might. Beware my power, Green Lantern\'s light!
Mon May 02, 2005, 02:41 PM

It's the rule thread from other forum, obviously. Are we THAT desperate?

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Mon May 02, 2005, 02:55 PM

Fatdrake Wrote:It's the rule thread from other forum, obviously. Are we THAT desperate?

Yea, I can see that... But we'll have our own guidelines... No need to copy & paste chunks of text... Don't worry about that... Tongue

-- Delta-HT
[AnthroAsia.com administrator]
Mon May 02, 2005, 03:08 PM

I see.

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Mon May 02, 2005, 05:32 PM

yeah, i had this posted up in the anthro thread of AM on whethwer we should have a roleplaying forum. Like i said, i got this from the Dragon-tails message board where i used to hang out a long while ago :3 (Too bad i haven't visited in a while).

Come up with your own guidelines ! :3 This is just a ... sample of sorts ^.~ But i think it says pretty much everything.
Mon May 02, 2005, 06:16 PM

A spliffy (and perhaps less useful?) rendition of the guidelines NeoHaven posted:

1. If you're so powerful that you both cannot die when you're supposed to, and can instantly kill everything with one finger... what the Hell are you doing hanging around weaklings? Go back to your own universe. Get some real competition. I hear Gotterdammerung* is a pretty nice thing to get into.

2. Think about the resources used in the creation of a single post in a forum thread. You can make the sacrifice of entire forests worth of every sliced tree and homeless furry animal, by putting more effort into making each post speak more than a soundbite.

3. How would you like it if the everyone reported that you died foaming at the muzzle while going around in a mad frenzy eating comic magazines because you wanted to be a better artist. Five words: sock-puppeting... and... out... of... character. Don't do that to other people.

4. You've got mostly-free rein in what you're making. Role-playing isn't a math exam. Unless your character is an invigilator for a math exam, then that's different.

5. Yo, ****-******, lay off the ****ing rap LPs, or I'll **** your ****. Learning too many new "words" and subjects at one time causes epileptic seizures.

6. You reap what you sow, and I'm not talking about padi. Take care of your RP threads, they're like the children you'll never have. Sometimes you'll have to keep some friends away from them, and sometimes you'll have to move them along when they're getting slow. Who says computer geeks don't learn parenting skills?

7. Some children from number (6) would grow up to be quite annoying, in which case, leave 'em alone. Really. They won't mind.

Night-0

*The Norse "Twilight of The Gods". I didn't want to use Ragnarok, because it'll just remind you of that... game... *shudder*

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Mon May 02, 2005, 06:47 PM

>.> That's the version i'd slap onto idiots. Gets the message across though. Kudos, nightphaser ! :3
Sun Dec 03, 2006, 04:24 PM
RE: How to play
Have we started a RP thread? Could we start one if we haven't?

FCAsm3amr A- C- D++ H+++ M P+ R+ T++ W- Z- Sf RLAT a cm++ d--- e++ f-- h* iw++ j p sf-