Thread Rating:
  • 93 Votes - 2.81 Average
[SG] A furry chalet?
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 10:46 PM
[SG] A furry chalet?
Just to put it out to all of ya out there. Should we have (another) one? If so, when who where etc.

There are quite a few chalets here, so list down whatever you know. I myself should be able to get us 2 bungalows at the NSRCC resort at the NSRCC members' price, so there goes my idea into the pool Tongue

100% hyper, 100% of the time.
[Image: mca.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Aug 25, 2011, 11:16 PM
RE: [SG] A furry chalet?
so.. $100/$120?
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 AM by Hollud.)
(Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:46 PM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  I myself should be able to get us 2 bungalows at the NSRCC resort at the NSRCC members' price, so there goes my idea into the pool Tongue

The Horse is awful curious as to how you are able to do so, but let's just leave it as an advantage.

I have been to NSRCC a couple of times, but I will advise that the NSRCC chalet is notoriously difficult to get to unless you have vehicular support. The upsides may include that it's nice and quiet, bungalows are really nice and it is a great place if you need a place to be inspired. Downsides may include lack of public transport, a potential lack of activities (once the usual suspects are out of the way) and the occasional airliner or ten.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fri Aug 26, 2011, 07:07 PM
Which is why I said there's more than one chalet in Singapore, another one being the Coasta Sands Resort at Downtown East. Easy to get to for most, close to the major theme parks in Singapore but the rooms are small and not of the highest standard.

I believe there are two or three more to consider.

Sat Aug 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
My suggestion is... plan and book early in advance. I think we still have a chance of grabbing one for the Nov-Dec period.
Sat Aug 27, 2011, 08:43 PM
(Fri Aug 26, 2011 07:07 PM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  Which is why I said there's more than one chalet in Singapore, another one being the Coasta Sands Resort at Downtown East. Easy to get to for most, close to the major theme parks in Singapore but the rooms are small and not of the highest standard.

I believe you mean Costa Sands. =P

One option I saw on the Costa Sands web site is the "Family Suite". However, the Costa Sands booking system now limits advance bookings up to 3 months in advance, which means availability might be a bit more tight when trying to book, especially if everyone is fighting for the same slots.

Costa Sand also has a Pasir Ris Park option, which is just as feasible as the Downtown East one, given its proximity to the resort. Pricing is in the high $1xx to low $2xx for an off-peak October period (correct as of 27 Aug 2011).

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Sun Aug 28, 2011, 11:35 PM
(Sat Aug 27, 2011 04:07 PM)DarkLurker Wrote:  My suggestion is... plan and book early in advance. I think we still have a chance of grabbing one for the Nov-Dec period.

Da, which is why we should see the response for that period, so we won't be one bungalow short, nor have one extra.

I'm thinking a 2 day chalet, around mid- December, which chalet we can go to can be decided by a vote later on. Any takers? If not, I have a 6-month window before the date in which I can book a bungalow at the NSRCC, and as Hollud said, 3 at Costa Sands.

Mon Aug 29, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds good to me.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Tue Aug 30, 2011, 10:02 PM
december sounds good! ORD lo! =DD

>>Deviantart<<
>>Furaffinity<<
Wed Aug 31, 2011, 12:51 AM
(Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 PM)Ran-dae Wrote:  december sounds good! ORD lo! =DD

So fast? Wow. Time really flies, eh?

Hollud. Simply, horse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry Raya Bazaar @ Geylang Serai [SG] ThatFatDrolf 6 2,385 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 PM
Last Post: DarkLurker
  Selamat Furry Raya! ThatFatDrolf 4 1,598 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:39 PM
Last Post: Sideburner
  Furry Weekend Holiday In Natural Environment. (SG) Krado 14 4,475 Thu Jun 17, 2010 08:33 PM
Last Post: Shinyfox
  A Fun 2 Furry Meet MoonFang 13 4,188 Mon Jan 28, 2008 09:28 AM
Last Post: lightning64