Thread Rating:
  • 224 Votes - 2.88 Average
Bronies!
Thu Aug 18, 2011, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 PM by Hollud.)
RE: Bronies!
(Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:05 AM)cartoonwolf Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, but out of curiosity, are there any horse-centric comics you like? I haven't found much (only Red Shetland and Equine from waaaay back).

Unfortunately, it's hard finding artists who are exceptionally proficient in dealing with the beautifully complex anatomy that is the horse. One of the comics that does feature equines is "Profiles" by Graveyard Greg. However, updates for that are few and far between, although I look forward to the next issue that is being pushed out the site-door.

I will briefly mention something about cocktails. Done.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fri Aug 19, 2011, 05:08 PM
Not a Brony, but I can dig it. (Both the new and old Ponies.) That is to say...

[Image: HOSEYOU.jpg]

I'm not a Heavy Pony Lover.

Besides, they even have an owl episode.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fri Oct 21, 2011, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Oct 21, 2011 08:26 PM by Drgnalexia.)
how significant is the brony culture in singapore really though?

not saying you people arent even interested in it, but other local froums I visit dosent even breath or discuss much of it at all.

though, given maybe if OKTO does show MLP in the future since they showed one of "the hub" cartoon, transformers prime
so it maybe a matter of time...

but I've a hunch that they are gonna be showing it on weekdays in the morning in the toddler's education block timmings or early morning timeslot on weekends.

anyway even though I never watch the MLP series, I appreciate the cartoon through my animator view of things cause its animated so well in flash compared to other awfully animated cartoons in flash thats spreading like plague and it gives me inspiration to try to animate to that level.
Find all posts by this user
Fri Oct 21, 2011, 11:42 PM
Guilty of first degree brony....

hahaha....

To me i find the whole MLP:FiM is very ironic... It's a show for little girls but if you go past the initial superficial watch you can see trace of adult content that may or may not had been intended...

Eg. Spike, a baby dragon, is said to be totally in love with one of the ponies... Pedofilia perhaps???
Fluttershy, who is said to be a very shy pony, tends to sudden lash out in rage... repressed aggression???
Rainbow Dash, who is very much a tomboy, is rumored to be a lesbian???

This, in my opinion, is what happens when adults try to make funny cartoons for children and try to assume on what a child would consider as humor...
Of course all of this is based on my opinion of the show itself... so far...

But i would like to say that i just cant stand the opening song... it makes my ears bleed... =3

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Sat Oct 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
(Fri Oct 21, 2011 08:25 PM)Drgnalexia Wrote:  how significant is the brony culture in singapore really though?

though, given maybe if OKTO does show MLP in the future since they showed one of "the hub" cartoon, transformers prime
so it maybe a matter of time...

i significantly remember a "brony" facebook page for singaporean bronies

and OKTO does have MLP:FIM 12pm weekdays. not primetime for cartoons but what can you expect when they consider it an "OKtots" cartoon?
and they make way for much better cartoons like..... like....

and i seem to love the cartoon now XD but as a cartoon-lover in general and not a OMGPONIESLOVEOMGFLUTTERSHYISSOCUTE way.
maybe it's just that i don't seem to see a modern cartoon with looney tunes humor or 3-dimentional characters that i care about.

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Sat Oct 22, 2011, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 AM by Drgnalexia.)
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 09:16 AM)veemaster Wrote:  and OKTO does have MLP:FIM 12pm weekdays. not primetime for cartoons

WAIT WUT.

seriously? I'm at home 24/7 freelance and I dont even know this...=\

*goes check timetable*

WHAT

IT IS on OKTO WITHOUT any advertisment?!

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I was gonna follow the series if it was shown on local TV cause I dun wanna watch it online..............

wow...its just brushed under the table without any primetime slots...

I Knew it....

it would cost quite a significant amount of cost to bring this cartoon in and yet they throw this in the weekdays....that makes no sense....
NO SERIOUSLY NO OKTO, BAD OKTO.

Why you do this!?

you can give shit cartoons like "Johnny test" (which is a god awful animated flash cartoon trying to ripoff and copy cartoons like dexters lab and etc) and the shitiest china endorsed product "DRAGON SNOOKER" with the worst god-awful 3D CGI animation EVER where it isnt even animation at all CAN BE PUT ON PRIME TIME SLOTS?!

wow I've nothing to say.........

really hope they reair MLP to a better timeslot, hopefully thats just a trial air for them.......
Sat Oct 22, 2011, 12:17 PM
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:19 AM)Drgnalexia Wrote:  I was gonna follow the series if it was shown on local TV cause I dun wanna watch it online..............

well i still prefer to watch it online cause it is slightly sped up on tv because of wavelength thingy that i don't quite understand.

it's just a wee bit higher pitched which doesn't bother me much except when they sang "winter wrap up".

Sat Oct 22, 2011, 12:35 PM
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 PM)veemaster Wrote:  
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:19 AM)Drgnalexia Wrote:  I was gonna follow the series if it was shown on local TV cause I dun wanna watch it online..............

well i still prefer to watch it online cause it is slightly sped up on tv because of wavelength thingy that i don't quite understand.

it's just a wee bit higher pitched which doesn't bother me much except when they sang "winter wrap up".

I never found the motivation to watch most shows or series online... I guess its cause of my childhood when I got used to watching anime or cartoon episode once a week and have to wait in anticipation for the next episode. and curse myself when I missed it lol....

cause usually when i try to watch it online on my own schedule, I may either get burnout from keeping watching it episode after episode or that I just dont feel the anticipation at all when i can watch the next episode anytime I want.

thats why I kinda still prefer the TV schedule and catching it when its airing.
Sat Oct 22, 2011, 11:47 PM
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:35 PM)Drgnalexia Wrote:  I never found the motivation to watch most shows or series online... I guess its cause of my childhood when I got used to watching anime or cartoon episode once a week and have to wait in anticipation for the next episode. and curse myself when I missed it lol....

cause usually when i try to watch it online on my own schedule, I may either get burnout from keeping watching it episode after episode or that I just dont feel the anticipation at all when i can watch the next episode anytime I want.

thats why I kinda still prefer the TV schedule and catching it when its airing.

huh since you put it that way... yeah i do think like that. XD

Sun Oct 23, 2011, 12:06 AM
(Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:47 PM)veemaster Wrote:  huh since you put it that way... yeah i do think like that. XD

yeah I had like the entire yugioh anime series in my PC to watch, but after halfway through I just cant find the motivation to continue/carry on watching... and eventually gave up. while when yugioh was once showing locally on our channel, I never fail to keep following and watching it on its schedule.