Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Some recent artworks...
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Jul 25, 2011 09:19 AM by AzureParagon.)
Some recent artworks...
They look good, so here they are. I DEEPLY apologize for the mass size, but feel free to save these images.

[Image: 1311539313.azureparagon_void_xarasque_-_sky_station.jpg]

[Image: 1306553253.azureparagon_weltschmerz_winds.jpg]

[Image: 1311011300.azureparagon_α_azure__front_...lored_.jpg]

[Image: 1309342204.azureparagon_α_azure___nebulum_matter__.jpg]

[Image: 1308251675.azureparagon_family_nest_-enh...emake-.jpg]

There you go. Thank you for viewing, despite the massive size and data consumed.

I will not give up until I achieve something. Even if my ideals are high, I never give in. Therefore, I never fall with regrets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 11:26 AM
RE: Some recent artworks...
I like that floating tree (the second image), has a mythic legend feel to it. XD
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 10:09 PM
I think you're one of those rare gem of artists who have a talent for psychedelic visuals and backgrounds
[hippie]Waaaay out, dude![/hippie]

Though anatomy, sorry to say, isn't your forte. But hey, you can't have everything Winking
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 01:47 AM
(Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  I think you're one of those rare gem of artists who have a talent for psychedelic visuals and backgrounds
[hippie]Waaaay out, dude![/hippie]

Though anatomy, sorry to say, isn't your forte. But hey, you can't have everything Winking
That's the problem; I never do well with characters like everyone else, and it's something that I yearn to achieve yet feel so ashamed of not having. It gets complicated, you know.

Rare gem...it's pretty apparent here if you want me to view my deviantART or FurAffinity, but the kind of art I do is a genre of it's own sometimes, so that's why it's not too widely well in reception for attention, at all. As far as psychedelic use goes, I wish to quit that because it's been way overused and it hurts other people's eyes sometimes. Too colorful in other words, and I wish to paint artworks of little to no saturation, high detail, dusky textures/smear-feels, and sometimes enough artworks with the theme of "darkness," so to say.

Thanks for the heads up with your comment. I really don't think there's much that can be helped with if I end up still (and perpetually) unsuccessful with my art, no matter how well I may paint it.

I will not give up until I achieve something. Even if my ideals are high, I never give in. Therefore, I never fall with regrets.
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
Well if you do know the problem: insufficient practice with anatomies. Then you have no excuses from fixing that problem Winking

As for psychedelic artworks, the coolest thing about them, is that the less hindered your mind and its thoughts are (basically the more drunk/intoxicated/high/insane/schizophrenic you are, but you didn't hear it from me Tongue ) the more you could blow out your audience's minds : http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html
Thu Jul 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
One thing I will say from the fact that I do have a lackluster and a rather inexperienced level+amount of practice:

This may seem a bit tight with analysis, but if I need to become at least excellent with proportions and anatomy (in which using one to multiple grids with different systems added when ready), shouldn't it take almost several years of practice while being able to do a good sketch of each, every single day?

Next month (which is real close), I definitely do want to do gesture, contour, and observational sketches in different ways including human and unique bodies, just for your information. 5 gestures, 1 contour, and 1 observational sketch per day could do justice, no? (I also do plan on doing 1 quick artwork each day on Photoshop, but that hasn't anything to do with anatomical practice unless it's exclusively tablet sketching, which I will do on the other sketch types as said above not too long ago)

Fri Jul 29, 2011, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Jul 29, 2011 01:37 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
Frankly, its ironic that you, being that good with trippy backgrounds, are going into such "technicalities" and "analysis" of how to do your artwork practices Tongue

First, you get the few basic rules down:
Proportions (ratios of head, torso, arms, legs, etc.). You can find plenty of guides online here.

Dimensions (basic shapes, shading, rendering, bump-mapping ... oops, wait ... not those last few Tongue). This isn't hard to do for you. If you know how to make a circle look like a sphere, you have sufficient practice.

Simple muscle anatomy This is possibly the easiest of the 3. Type in "muscle" in FA search and you're spoilt for choice of references Tongue
Pick an artist you feel is has your preferred choice of rendering (everyone has their own tastes of what how anatomies should be put to paper)

After you've gotten these rules in your head, let loose!!

Seriously, the most gains I have in practices is when I really stop thinking and let "the pencil take on a life of its own".

For an example, if I were "sober", I would start an anatomical practice, then half way give up when I start thinking its no longer looking like what I wanted it to be.
But when I'm "not" Tongue , I just continue letting the pencil and the image speak their language and it becomes an alien creature or just pull of a "Salvador_Dali"
Let these few rules be all that you depend on then start learning how to destroy all the walls of fear and uncertainty in your mind.
Sat Jul 21, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cool RE: Some recent artworks...
Nice Work wish I could do something like that. Smile

Canis Enigmas : sorry for littering the shout box maybe I should post my reply somewhere more appropriate

Anyway
im open to suggestion
http://synersignart.deviantart.com/gallery

and if anyone can pick out and re-work on, I would be happy if it can be use as an Fursona drawing

some how since most of what I can do for now are furry inspire engineering and vehicles

The Other Odd Bird Out

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artworks From Ardagor ThatFatDrolf 78 37,630 Fri Sep 10, 2010 09:55 AM
Last Post: ThatFatDrolf
  The Toon Experiment (Canis Enigmas's "Artworks") Canis Enigmas 2 2,350 Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 AM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
  recent piece of my dragon art dragoon86 2 2,637 Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:29 PM
Last Post: dragoon86