Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brink
Tue May 10, 2011, 09:17 AM
Brink

One of the most polished shooters I've seen. Been wanting it ever since I heard of it last month. Then this month, a fuzzy friend overseas bought it for me for my birthday~ (which is in two weeks. o_O)

It releases this Thursday, so I'm really looking forward to playing it after spending a long week studying.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tue May 10, 2011, 03:26 PM
RE: Brink
I just bought the code off Direct2Drive.com at 25% discount thanks to boyfriend.
Not sure if it can be used yet though without region lock, waiting for 13th and someone to try. (if not, I'll just sell it.)

I have sorta...bad news though. Boyfriend is giving me a lot of "Meh" reviews about the game.. ^^;
Don't call it polished just yet, its apparently really clunky. Couldn't even co-op/multiplayer coz of connectivity issues.

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Tue May 10, 2011, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: Wed May 11, 2011 10:28 AM by Canis Enigmas.)
Holy ... Bethesda did this ?!?!
That explains the heavy RPG elements.
But even from the video, I could spot hints that this is a first attempt at the FPS genre.
Stiff rag doll physics. Unrealistic blood renders. Decals of bullet holes in mid air.
Its still a good attempt nonetheless
It has plenty of great ideas, but we'll have to see if it lives up to the Bethesda tradition of creating "liveable worlds" on your system.
Thu May 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
I tried it, using some *ahem* under-the-table methods *coughcoughvpncoughcough*

Its feel is pretty decent. Gameplay is okay-ish. SMART is okay for a gameplay mechanism. Kinda like Mirror's Edge in a button. Weapons are....balanced, sorta. I seem to find the AI has a tendency to bring out the shotguns when the assault rifle heat is too much.

Main gripe is the framerate issues in singleplayer. Whenever I play solo, there are places where I can look at a corner and a few boxes and have a FPS of, say, 60. Then I can turn around into a different part of the map, still nothing but a pillar and a few more boxes, and my FPS drops to about 20. Weird, but doesn't really affect gameplay that much. My friends tell me the multiplayer has less framerate issues.

Haven't bumped into the co-op/multiplayer issues yet, but I can connect to multiplayer games my Aussie friends are playing perfectly fine. Haven't tried co-op yet though. Will wait for proper release, then try it with a friend or two.

Customisation is awsum. *w*

For I am the Darkness...
Thu May 12, 2011, 11:20 PM
Under the table methods simply means you have a North American copy so you get it on their release date? =\
There's nothing much to hide just explain it lol.

And ummm..so that's your review? Lol... Ugh. I'm getting almost the same kinda reviews from folks too. Apparently the high-anticipated game could just be nothing like the trailer at all..
Oh and the graphics look horrid even on HIGH. Not even close to TF2.

I still have the 38$ USD code though..with the Psycho Pack. Haven't put it in yet...am afraid it'll be region locked. )=
But by right, by the 13th, it should be safe to input.

Fri May 13, 2011, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: Fri May 13, 2011 09:30 AM by DJAtomika.)
I actually got mine from an Aussie friend, so I didn't get to play it early. I used a VPN to get access. x3

The graphics don't look *that* horrid. Granted, it will never be close to TF2, but hey, you can't blame Splash Damage for trying.

Oh, and about the graphical issues, apparently they are most apparent on users that play with ATi graphics cards. Boo me. :c

For I am the Darkness...
Sat May 14, 2011, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: Sun May 15, 2011 06:54 PM by Kazuki.)
Gameplay wise, rather fast-paced and pretty fun for me, 4 different classes with their own special skills to complete certain objectives for the mission. Two different sides to choose from, with a okay storyline.
Several stuff can be unlocked, such as sights, attachments, extra abilities and even clothes. Gives alot of customizing options for the player to fit his gaming preferences.

Graphics wise, like what DJ said, there is a frame rate cap at around 60 or so for single player, but when playing with friends on steam, my fps rate went up to around 100+ and went quite smooth, no idea what's going on *shrugs*
Details and texture are so-so, not that detailed but not that lousy either, maybe above average (For me)

One downside I have to say is the AI, they can really annoy and piss you off... Play to find out why *whistles*

I don't know what else to write ;w;

Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life!
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
[Image: 76561198017344342.png]
Sat May 21, 2011, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: Sat May 21, 2011 01:00 PM by Katsuke.)
I ish bored! Let's revive this Brink topic!
Show off your customizations, beetches!!

[Image: 966539133178919.jpg]

[Image: f8bdec133178924.jpg]

These two are already maxed out at level 20..So..time to start a new one!

(Hint to those who are nearing level 20, that's the cap. So you don't get to buff out all the skills of all classes. Its kinda one and a half. And you only get 1 skill point for Rank 5. So choose wisely or save when you're level 18 or 19! )

[Image: 079fd5133178922.jpg]

[Image: 799b58133178926.jpg]

I love the customization. SO MUCH FUUUN. HNNNGH.

Sat May 21, 2011, 01:55 PM
Here we go~ *Please excuse the big images*
[Image: c9d1c695.jpg]
[Image: 350ff4f7.jpg?t=1305957162]

Since we're here, thought I might share some pics of the weapon customizations you can do Winking
[Image: 13001566.jpg]
[Image: ed911493.jpg]

[Image: 1642e3e1.jpg]
[Image: d0c90850.jpg]

[Image: ecc3a419.jpg]
[Image: 1913330f.jpg]
Tons of guns with different attachments, CUSTOMIZATION - FUN!

Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life!
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
[Image: 76561198017344342.png]