Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Graphic Cards
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 03:42 PM
Graphic Cards
Lol plenty of help here.
I feel like getting a new graphics card before I head off to Canada. Currently on Nvidia GTX 275. Mmmmmmm...

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: Sat Apr 16, 2011 07:35 PM by BraveWolf BraveHeart.)
RE: Custom building your own PC's for beginners? c:
If your like me a engineering wolf i would choose a NVIDIA Quadro or ATI FirePro Tongue

Both graphic card only could use for 3D drawing and rendering it at insane near real life graphic but not for gaming.

What i want most is a graphic card that could do both but as everone knows its a marketing thing sell one graphic card for workstation and one for gameing they could do both but they choose not to hehe Tongue

I would not mind a laptop workstation that could do both monday to friday work, saturday to sunday gameing crazy or did boss wrote to them that we should work and not play Muhaha !
Actually we could simplify it for lightning64 all he need to do is tell us what system he needs and we just go to the dragon cave and pull dark out of his cave for specification Tongue

Just a shy wolf.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: Sat Apr 16, 2011 09:24 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
(Sat Apr 16, 2011 03:42 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  Lol plenty of help here.
I feel like getting a new graphics card before I head off to Canada. Currently on Nvidia GTX 275. Mmmmmmm...
Why??
You'll end up paying expensive shipping just to send the huge box of metal which will turn into worthless scrap by the time it arrives there. Computer devices are so unbelievably cheap in the US and Canada, that you might as well save up, leave your old rig here and get a whole new one there. Or better yet, sell your old rig here and use the money from the sales alone to buy a better faster rig there.

Don't believe me? Ask your "see foo" Zeph.
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 PM by Katsuke.)
I'm actually bringing my rig there. Won't have the cash to buy a new one anytime soon. But I do kinda like the idea of having a new graphics card that can't be found in our region hehehe.

Also I kinda found stuff there more expensive..and no bargaining either. Bought a RM90 keyboard from there which is like...buttons getting stuck and letters fading off already lol.

@Bravewolf, yes, I do want a card mainly for both. Not just 3D rendering. Wanna play all the big games and blast the graphics! Big smile

Sun Apr 17, 2011, 05:34 PM
All we need is someone who knows CUDA Programming and use the CUDA core to similuate a powerful graphic gameing card for those who know the Quadro 5000M has 320 CUDA core more then enough firepower to do that.

Hehe 320 CUDA core use for Badaboom! Tongue Whoo

Just a shy wolf.
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 09:09 PM
(Sun Apr 17, 2011 05:34 PM)BraveWolf BraveHeart Wrote:  All we need is someone who knows CUDA Programming and use the CUDA core to similuate a powerful graphic gameing card for those who know the Quadro 5000M has 320 CUDA core more then enough firepower to do that.

Rather than spending thousands of dollars on a 5000M, why not use a SoftMod Quadro? If you have a compatible card with an equivalent Quadro brother, tweak the drivers a bit and save the moolah. That what I did back when I had a 3D rendering course at school. Lots of time saved compared to my friends using CPU Rendering :3

And if you want to game as well, try two different OS installations, one with the standard graphics driver and one with the softmod Quadro driver.

Classified Data: Personnel Records
#247A
Valcien, Xynder
Division: 24th Special Infantry
Species: Northern Sergal
Eye colour: Green (Left) Red (Right)
Fur colour: Black / White
#247B
Species: Arctic Wolf-Nightfire Dragon hybrid (An Arctic Night Drolf, if you will)
Eye colour: Red (Left) Green (Right)
Fur colour: White / Black

Weapons of choice: High-caliber pistols, Heavy Rifles, Shotguns

[Image: 76561197995964009.png]
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
*Dunno what CUDA is* *Is Lazy* *Just wants to play games* *...Rolls on floor* OuO
I'mma just ask boyfriend to price check Graphics card in Canada first. More expensive = I buy here first.

Tue Apr 19, 2011, 12:51 AM
(Sun Apr 17, 2011 05:34 PM)BraveWolf BraveHeart Wrote:  Hehe 320 CUDA core use for Badaboom! Tongue Whoo

Or, if one was rich enough, we could get a standard gaming graphics card and this.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 01:01 PM
(Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:51 AM)Hollud Wrote:  
(Sun Apr 17, 2011 05:34 PM)BraveWolf BraveHeart Wrote:  Hehe 320 CUDA core use for Badaboom! Tongue Whoo

Or, if one was rich enough, we could get a standard gaming graphics card and this.

Tesla is useless if you're merely gaming or rendering.

Might as well build a quad-SLI GTX580 SR2 rig for the money.

Classified Data: Personnel Records
#247A
Valcien, Xynder
Division: 24th Special Infantry
Species: Northern Sergal
Eye colour: Green (Left) Red (Right)
Fur colour: Black / White
#247B
Species: Arctic Wolf-Nightfire Dragon hybrid (An Arctic Night Drolf, if you will)
Eye colour: Red (Left) Green (Right)
Fur colour: White / Black

Weapons of choice: High-caliber pistols, Heavy Rifles, Shotguns

[Image: 76561197995964009.png]
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 PM by BraveWolf BraveHeart.)
(Mon Apr 18, 2011 09:09 PM)Xynder Valcien Wrote:  
(Sun Apr 17, 2011 05:34 PM)BraveWolf BraveHeart Wrote:  All we need is someone who knows CUDA Programming and use the CUDA core to similuate a powerful graphic gameing card for those who know the Quadro 5000M has 320 CUDA core more then enough firepower to do that.

Rather than spending thousands of dollars on a 5000M, why not use a SoftMod Quadro? If you have a compatible card with an equivalent Quadro brother, tweak the drivers a bit and save the moolah. That what I did back when I had a 3D rendering course at school. Lots of time saved compared to my friends using CPU Rendering :3

And if you want to game as well, try two different OS installations, one with the standard graphics driver and one with the softmod Quadro driver.

Not sure i sure hope to mod my Geforce G105M to Quadro NVS 160M. Same hardware
If you have an idea how to do it tell me Tongue

Just a shy wolf.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recommendation for Graphic Cards Dobb 6 3,003 Sat Sep 23, 2006 03:09 PM
Last Post: Hollud