Thread Rating:
  • 240 Votes - 2.9 Average
My Demotape Out NOW!!!!
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 11:08 PM
My Demotape Out NOW!!!!
My band, SYM4NY, has finally recorded a demotape... Its our first (and hopefully not our last) demotape and we were hoping this could give our band more exposure...

The demotape is RM5 and is available to everyone on anthroasia... you heard that correctlly... EVERYONE ON ANTHROASIA... that is... once i open an paypal account then it'll be available to everyone outside of malaysia... or you could just enter it in to my Maybank account...

Either way... the demo is what i and my freinds have been working on for 2 years... it is our sweat, blood and tears (ok, maybe not blood)...

If you guys wanna hear some sample of our songs... here are the links... =)

SYM4NY - The Breakup

SYM4NY - The Comfort Song

hope you guys like our songs =D

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 11:51 PM
RE: My Demotape Out NOW!!!!
Actually is not bad at all... is good!!
How many songs are there in the demotape?

Is it those two full songs only?

Rarrr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:26 AM
Wow! Congrates! Keep making nice music!
(Btw, next time please do fade in and out for samples, sudden blast of rock songs past midnight is a bad idea ><)

I guess, I should start forming a band or something.

*sign*
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:33 AM
(Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 PM)nx-3000 Wrote:  Actually is not bad at all... is good!!
How many songs are there in the demotape?

Is it those two full songs only?
There are 5 songs in the demotape... and those 2 are only samples... not full songs...
(Wed Apr 06, 2011 01:26 AM)34FoonG Wrote:  Wow! Congrates! Keep making nice music!
(Btw, next time please do fade in and out for samples, sudden blast of rock songs past midnight is a bad idea ><)

I guess, I should start forming a band or something.

i only have this cheap (actually free) mp3 cutter... so it hade no fade in or out... sory for blasting your ears... hehehe

Wed Apr 06, 2011, 07:34 AM
The first song has a tint of default(A band) in it(I liked that), sadly i got lost on the 2nd song >w<

Cant say perfect but better than most Smile

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 08:03 PM
Interesting.

Being from a vocal background myself, I found myself quite enjoying the melody and the beat. If there is one thing I'm being a little nit-picky about, it could be the vocals erring a bit on the brash in some bits of the sample. For example, at the start of the sample, the words ("if I shattered into pieces") has a choppy feel to it. However, the vocalist can achieve some pretty sweet vocals, especially later on in the sample ("and if I said I never loved you, would you cry into my face"), which I really like.

A mixer could help if you recorded each instrument on its own individual track on the computer, you might be able to adjust the levels independently to achieve a bit more balance between vocals and instrumentation. However, I'm happy with the blend of the various instruments, the tightness of the music... the fact that you've been working at it for two years shows and given the right amount of post-processing, it could easily slip out into the mainstream.

Good work!

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 09:26 PM
That is actually not bad at all man! Only, why is the second song in malay?
And sorry, but I'm not a big fan of rock music. But other than that, keep up the good work man!
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 09:44 PM
I see... will PM you ^^

Rarrr
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 10:06 PM
(Wed Apr 06, 2011 08:03 PM)Hollud Wrote:  Interesting.

Being from a vocal background myself, I found myself quite enjoying the melody and the beat. If there is one thing I'm being a little nit-picky about, it could be the vocals erring a bit on the brash in some bits of the sample. For example, at the start of the sample, the words ("if I shattered into pieces") has a choppy feel to it. However, the vocalist can achieve some pretty sweet vocals, especially later on in the sample ("and if I said I never loved you, would you cry into my face"), which I really like.

A mixer could help if you recorded each instrument on its own individual track on the computer, you might be able to adjust the levels independently to achieve a bit more balance between vocals and instrumentation. However, I'm happy with the blend of the various instruments, the tightness of the music... the fact that you've been working at it for two years shows and given the right amount of post-processing, it could easily slip out into the mainstream.

Good work!

Yeah i know... I was actually trying to keep it safe when i sang that song... it was my first and fav song i made... and FYI originally the second line of the chorus was suppose to go higher but after not hitting the right note (and having to repeat over n over) i decided to lower it...

(Wed Apr 06, 2011 09:26 PM)TheLonelyDragon Wrote:  That is actually not bad at all man! Only, why is the second song in malay?
And sorry, but I'm not a big fan of rock music. But other than that, keep up the good work man!

the second song is actually Half English Half Malay... that's what happens when a bunch of guys come together to make a song and couldnt decide which language to go for.... so we did both...

Wed Apr 06, 2011, 10:15 PM
(Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:06 PM)Theshadows64 Wrote:  Yeah i know... I was actually trying to keep it safe when i sang that song... it was my first and fav song i made... and FYI originally the second line of the chorus was suppose to go higher but after not hitting the right note (and having to repeat over n over) i decided to lower it...

That's quite a nice voice you have there. =)

The alternative to singing it WITH the band is to record the band playing on their own before recording your voice over it. You get tighter control over volume, you can repeat over and over and over again and you could multi-track it all. =D

Hollud. Simply, horse.