Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Sun May 29, 2011, 09:24 PM
RE: Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Well 99% of my family members have no idea im a fur Tongue
Arent really close with most of them .

'Cept my mommy dearest Smile and im not ashamed of it too Tongue

She knows that i draw anthro's and have my FA and other stuff
basically she and i are THAT close and open with eachother .
Momma's boy in a way so yeap only my mom knows , the rest of the family members are completely blank on what i am or do hehe .

Yes , i would like a cheese burger and fries please Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT53fmznZxKL_DcCffazFw...ON6RFsUzY=]
To be a fur , its to know fun and excitement Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:15 PM
RE: Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Snickers says:

Rather not tell them... too many heart attacks might happen in one day *hides* ._."

[Image: Nick.png]
Thanks to myself for this siggy!

[Image: 32390.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 AM by Melfur Silverblade.)
Smile RE: Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
I think my parents and siblings don't know much about me and the furry fandom. Heck, they don't even know what it means, so they often view me of being this weird kid that's into weird animal-men, haha! However, they have seen a couple of my art, mostly done in greyscale when I was very young, most of them were *cough* unpleasant for minors (even though I was still a kid as well haha! *twisted child* :3)

I started drawing at around the age of 7. I drew lots of dragons and reptiles mainly, and as I was obsessed with transformation pieces and some attention to realism, most of them were from shirtless to 'you know...' (as do most transformation scenes goes). I've tried to hide my stash in so many places, and they often get found over and over again. Later at the age of 13, I've got internet and yeah, to my surprise, it didn't take long for me to have found others with similar interests and that's when I understood the term "furry" and became one (closet furry).

As things became more apparent in my household, my family began to see more refined furry art in my PC (still not knowing what it is). I've got caught doing *cough*... 'activities' with my furry stash several times, but no harm done, they're a forgetful bunch. But the occasional 'animal men' in my PC wallpapers do remind them of some things in the most inappropriate of times (ie: during dinner with whole family sitting around the table) and I get lectures of 'Why are you so weird' from it. Most of their remarks were mainly negative in nature and motivated by curiosity, fear and uncertainty. They are culturally motivated and superficial of society's trends. So they often discriminate and judge the things I do.

As for now, I feel that my family is not ready to know anything and I am unprepared to tell them anything more about my secret life as a furry.
^.=.^

We are who we chose to be Big smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,497 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Plastic Furry Surgery? Canis Enigmas 17 17,732 Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: kyle_foxson
  how many of you have people knowing you're a furry? veemaster 78 31,297 Thu Oct 25, 2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: 
  "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry" nightPhaser 10 5,562 Wed May 23, 2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Milkgila
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 14,248 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 12,774 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 6,638 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 13,795 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,945 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 11,996 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123