Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 12:19 PM
RE: Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Animals, animes, cuties, cartoons, games, yes. But 18 floors of hell plus 2 levels down to the earth core if they know I'm a hush hush.

Not sure about me being a furry though but guess they've got the picture.

[Image: 76561198034133982.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 01:08 PM
(Wed Mar 30, 2011 06:46 AM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Here's an evil thought.Try telling off your dad : "At least we furries will always have someone, young or old, to hang around with till the end of time and not mope about while burying another old geezer from your childhood"
As for your sis. Aren't you allocating enough budget to your side of the cold war espionage? And you're the computer geek of the family, right? Why aren't you putting in chat loggers or unsecured network folder sharing on her system?

I've told him off many times, but he kinda is in regret now after a fur friend (a pet of mine which my dad was upset bout coz he used to be a trasngender) tried to help donate a huge sum of money when he had to undergo an operation.. xP
That showed him! But know his attitude, took only a few months after till he turned back to normal and was like "Don't let them influence you! Don't try anything "funny" with anyone! Don't you dare spend a single dollar on anything like a picture or suit."

For my sister's case..well..I've set the router to block FA on her laptop - not sure if it still works but...yeah - my parents kinda found out and told me not to do it again or risk losing my PC. :\ Doh.
I'm not the geek really - my dad is. xD
I've tried several tricks to kill my sister's laptop back then, like reducing her connection speed to 40kbps so that she stops spamming her stupid torrent downloads..but she would whine to my dad and he would investigate and all. ...And I get blamed and threatened.

Erf. Parents.. xD

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 03:13 PM
Welll, my family don't know anything about furries. I don't think they'll understand as well. So... They don't know.

Plus, my lifestyle involves music more than furries...

*sign*
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 04:25 PM

Would that answer your question? :3

I probably will tell them in the near future, but what the heck. They may understand, they may not.

100% hyper, 100% of the time.
[Image: mca.png]
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:25 AM
My dad doesn't have any...I mean ANY knowledge about the internet. So I'm pretty sure he don't know what a furry is.

As for my sis, I think she found mah FA by accident, and questioned me about it. But everything was cool after that. I think she forgotten about it now. Since it was a few years ago. xD

I really like my brother though. He's a person who respect people's privacy. I think he knew I'm a furry and all, since I usually use a furry icon for any account. But he never really give a damn about it, or even ask anything about it. *nods*

[Image: 76561197996932630.png]
http://milodesty.deviantart.com/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/milodesty/
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:26 AM
(Wed Mar 30, 2011 01:08 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  I've tried several tricks to kill my sister's laptop back then, like reducing her connection speed to 40kbps so that she stops spamming her stupid torrent downloads..but she would whine to my dad and he would investigate and all. ...And I get blamed and threatened.

The best is to be the all forgiving, all lenient, all compliant individual that is blissful with life. Stay positive, acknowledge their concerns with a smile and nod. No point being all hostile when it only serves to deepen the hostility further.

As for the torrenting, without going too far off-topic, The Horse recommends a dose of QOS to help solve your speed issues.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:43 PM
Sibling rivalries will always be sibling rivalries.
The only reason me and my brother get along is because we have a common enemy : our father

(Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:26 AM)Hollud Wrote:  As for the torrenting, without going too far off-topic, The Horse recommends a dose of QOS to help solve your speed issues.
I would not recommend that. I've been experimenting with QoS on my router for days and all it did was slow my entire connection to a speed of a 28.8k every time I activate it, no matter what I set it to. Not all applications and Malaysian internet connections seem to support it.
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:20 PM
(Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:43 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  
(Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:26 AM)Hollud Wrote:  As for the torrenting, without going too far off-topic, The Horse recommends a dose of QOS to help solve your speed issues.
I would not recommend that. I've been experimenting with QoS on my router for days and all it did was slow my entire connection to a speed of a 28.8k every time I activate it, no matter what I set it to. Not all applications and Malaysian internet connections seem to support it.

It works for me (D-Link DIR-825 + DD-WRT). With up to 4 computers running concurrently with a variety of different services, QOS comes in handy when bandwidth heavy applications seem to suck out all the juice, and boy, do they.

It is not (exclusively) the Internet connection but the router that handles the duties of QOS, specifically traffic shaping. The router determines which packets are the ones that get higher priority, and adjusts the amount of bandwidth available. This allows for a more balanced distribution of bandwidth across a variety of applications. To contest that not all applications support QOS is not entirely valid since any application requiring access to the Internet either relies on common standards (HTTP) or requires specific ports and protocols (TCP/UDP). Again, the router comes into play. While stock router firmwares may not offer the option to configure custom application rules, customer firmwares, like DD-WRT, do.

Yes, programming QOS rules does take some time, but if you are like me and need to balance the demands of 4 separate computers (up to 6 when guests are at home and up to 8 with WiFi-enabled mobile devices), then programming QOS is worth it.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:57 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
(Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:20 PM)Hollud Wrote:  It works for me (D-Link DIR-825 + DD-WRT). With ...
That was really asking for a "TL;DNR" Tongue
Too techy for the thread. Anyway, let's end this deviancy: I've tried, I've cracked (both my head and the router's casing) and I have insufficient time to keep setting and resetting my router to only find it limiting even HTTP requests to 0.01% speeds despite me setting 100% in the router setting for that protocol alone.
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:22 PM by Katsuke.)
Oh, Hollud, yup! I'm on a DD-WRT firmware with QOS now. (D-link 615 though, it was cheap enough to risk the warranty with 3rd party custom firmware.)
Funny thing is..I can lower her bandwidth usage - but if its torrents, it still sends out 100's of outgoing connections. >_<
So it still disrupts my gaming or causes my MSN to drop occasionally as well.

But no worries bout that, its pretty much solved for now. Smile

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,246 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Plastic Furry Surgery? Canis Enigmas 17 14,872 Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: kyle_foxson
  how many of you have people knowing you're a furry? veemaster 78 23,868 Thu Oct 25, 2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: 
  "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry" nightPhaser 10 4,611 Wed May 23, 2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Milkgila
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 12,458 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 10,587 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 5,344 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 10,351 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,249 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 9,333 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123