Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
Let's start a lil sharing session!.. My mate started this on his local fur forum. So let's try it here!

So do they !? Any sort of family members. Do they even know what it is?

Surely you guys must have been caught before or something, having a sort of.. "Animal person" (That's what I get from most relatives) on your PC screens, sketchbooks or mobile phones etc.

For my side of things..Eeeehm..Things didn't go so pretty - so yeah my family knows about it and stuff like..bout my FA. My dad even has his say on furries, not too pleasant ones.

But there are things they are still unaware of!..Which I will do my best to keep secret so that my future isn't ruined. T_T

So how bout you guys. =P

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 02:54 PM
RE: Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means?
You wouldn't want to know... -3-"

Due to religiously fanatic parents, I took a pitfall of doom!!~! Some of the furs here know what happened to me... Well on my mom's side actually. As for my dad, he thinks it's just cartoons... -clears throat- ...he does support me in drawing them but other than that, it is really bleargh. He has seen photos of the fursuiters in Singapore before just as long as I don't do anything stupid, he is really fine with it.

As for my brothers, they find my mate lovable and they know I am a gay furry and they still love me heck. Yes, my whole family knows that I am mated to a guy.

Wheee..... -twirls in my pit of doom-

[Image: 76561198029946472.png]
Intolerance to stupidity and low-level logic...
Don't try me as you were warned
Site Visits :
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 03:13 PM
Mmm well guess im more "lucky". Due to my moms profession, dealing with kindergardeners, shes more understanding, tried to explain furry to her and she kinda understand? But shes alright with it, she even was interested to have the fursuitters parade for kindergardeners with something educational.

Weahhh weahhh weahhh...
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hmmm,

Ive always been a wolf fanatic since young, my folks dun really understand what furry is but dun question me much, my mum even buys me plushies on occasions! *wag wag wags*
For my parents, as long as I bring home dough, dun get into trouble and happy how Im living my life, they they support....in their funny little ways.Smile

-Wulfe
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:25 AM
They know I like dragons and that's all.

I'm more general tech geek/nerd to be worried about this little side thing.
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:28 AM
Yes, they know, and it's no big deal. My mom discovered what "furry" was on her own and managed to put 2 and 2 together when she saw my art. Plus, that's over 10 years ago, when the fandom was quite a bit more tame and unknown to CSI Winking. I'm the black sheep in the family anyways, so they just chalk up any weirdness as just another one of my (long list of) eccentricities. Tongue
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:34 AM
There are pictures of nude anthro lions on my table.

Does my immediate family know? Yes. It's an art.

Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:23 AM
Nope. Not in the slightest itsy bitsy teeny tiny little bit. All they know it's that I love horses. And dogs. And animals. And the Discovery, Animal Planet and National Geographic Channel. And CNN. And computers.

That and because I really, REALLY used to have a temper, they know better than to cross the lines of my privacy.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Mar 28, 2011 09:09 AM by dragoon86.)
(Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 AM)DarkLurker Wrote:  They know I like dragons and that's all.

I'm more general tech geek/nerd to be worried about this little side thing.

lol i am almost same as you lol, they only know i like dragons, and the huge bunch of computer wires in my room Tongue
and they didn't even know i am a artist lol, maybe only my sister know(coz she manage to peek at some of my work on my desktop on some occasion coz i put it as my wallpaper lol) ..
yeah i am a super tactical stealth ghost who cover every corner when come to this stuff, and have boss key to mininize everything when they enter my room Tongue

Dragon is my Life & Obsession
[Image: Loretta-s170anthro.jpg] [Image: foxy1-av-anthro.jpg] [Image: Relika-170.jpg] [Image: 1563728.png]
A BLAZBLUE:CS2 Player (A-11)
Proud to be a Dragon!!
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 09:32 AM
my family is always oppressing me. The end.

but really... they make it worse by saying that it is out of concern.
not to mention they are judging furries (not my fursuiting apparently) and saying you are bad influence.

i believe they are a load of buggeration. oddly enough, everyone else (except my slightly deranged uncle who i haven't seen in years) think that it is a wonderful thing!

guess my parents worry i turn gay, or be raped, or something. just last night my mom told me to stop using the word "asexual" simply because she is thinking that labelling myself something like that would affect my development.

... and then there's the religious reasoning as well.

"it's bad because it sows family dischord"
they are making a deal out of it. it's in their "job scope as parents and siblings" to be worried for me and therefore it's inevitable. i would rant more, but i won't. i bet they even stalk me over here or something. HA!

clearly it is not the worst that can get though. so i'm just glad they don't do foolish things like throwing it away

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,255 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Plastic Furry Surgery? Canis Enigmas 17 14,924 Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: kyle_foxson
  how many of you have people knowing you're a furry? veemaster 78 24,002 Thu Oct 25, 2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: 
  "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry" nightPhaser 10 4,627 Wed May 23, 2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Milkgila
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 12,486 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 10,601 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 5,364 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 10,397 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,331 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 9,358 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123