Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Light's Media Thread
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Mar 21, 2011 05:35 PM by lightning64.)
Post: #1
Light's Media Thread
For other mediums visit > http://lightningdragon.tumblr.com/ for my art, http://cdragonshoot.tumblr.com/ for my photography(Delayed since i lost my "camera")

Greetings for visiting this thread, really would love some good critique hence this thread. As for the thread name i may not post only Art but other kinds of multimedia(3D, website designs, concepts~) Smile

For starters here are some of my current art

Old ones

One of my characters- TBH i like this style Smile

A concept of another character(different arc)

My fursona :3

New Ones

A supposed giftie i drew last month XP

Was bored

Giftie for a good friend

My current issues would be.
-Smoother lineart(not sketchy nor shaky)
-Painting style of colouring(oils or coloured pencils)
-environments(soon)

Since im back to my art im continuing
- MORE Anatomy & proportion
- parts of the body
- H00mans
- More species x3

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 02:12 AM
Post: #2
RE: Light's Media Thread
(Mon Mar 21, 2011 05:28 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  My current issues would be.
-Smoother lineart(not sketchy nor shaky)
I would have to agree. For this, unfortunately, you have to train your hand even more to be more accurate with its lines. Right now you're like "shading" the line into existence. Its not an entirely bad thing, many artists keep this style/habit even after they've improved. But notice that the lines for your eyes and hair are more firm and accurate? That kinda shows where you've been diverting too much of your practicing. Stop drawing eyes and hair and focus more on anatomy X)

Quote:-Painting style of colouring(oils or coloured pencils)
-environments(soon)
If I were you, I'd bide my time and focus more on getting your sketching lines and hand accuracy sorted out first. But if there is a inspiration, by all means, let it all out.

Quote:Since im back to my art im continuing
- MORE Anatomy & proportion
- parts of the body
- H00mans
- More species x3
Good to see that you're using basic shapes and skeletons to get your anatomy in line, but I believe you're only doing the stick figure, but not doing the full "shapes" around characters. You shouldn't just stop at heads and torsos, instead draw out basic shapes for the arm, leg and neck muscles to help you get clearer sense on a more accurate anatomy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:45 AM by cartoonwolf.)
Post: #3
RE: Light's Media Thread
My 2 cents...

^^ What Canis said. Invest some time to practice your line of action and construction.
Grab this book: "Action! Cartooning" by Ben Caldwell -- it breaks these things down real well. Or, in its absence, http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/ is also good reference.

For the "sketchy line" -- see if you can keep them light (ala construction lines), THEN make a stronger, deliberate line on top of it. If you've read Herobear, you can see Mike Kunkel sorta doing that.

I used to be really sketchy in my line work too. Then in art school, one of my instructors took away my pencils and made me draw in ink (ballpoint pen) for the rest of the semester. That forced me to make more deliberate choices before laying down a stroke. Maybe you can give that a try! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 09:44 PM
Post: #4
RE: Light's Media Thread
Awww thanks for the heads up guys Smile

@ Canis

Quote:But notice that the lines for your eyes and hair are more firm and accurate? That kinda shows where you've been diverting too much of your practicing. Stop drawing eyes and hair and focus more on anatomy

*Looks at the*Uh oh... now that you mentioned it, I was really serious about making the eyes and hair better(The head for that matter since i want to make them better) I guess i am a bit off with my priorities, sorry >w<

Quote:Good to see that you're using basic shapes and skeletons to get your anatomy in line, but I believe you're only doing the stick figure, but not doing the full "shapes" around characters. You shouldn't just stop at heads and torsos, instead draw out basic shapes for the arm, leg and neck muscles to help you get clearer sense on a more accurate anatomy.

"S"curves for dynamics , Basic stick build up for flesh placement then just build it from there. hrrmmm

@cartoon

Will do read them, my thanks Smile

Quote:For the "sketchy line" -- see if you can keep them light (ala construction lines)

Ill be honest, i do start from construction lines but i ended up using them as main lines....

Quote:THEN make a stronger, deliberate line on top of it.

Which i have a hard time due to my shaky arm(if its not shaky, it goes heavy)

Quote:one of my instructors took away my pencils and made me draw in ink......

I had thought of this before, but im always conscious about using too much paper...

As for updates ill try to do some(will settle my priorities, colour will be put soon) over the weekdays(vacation period FTW)

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arda's 2011 Art Thread ThatFatDrolf 21 11,573 Tue Jul 19, 2011 08:11 AM
Last Post: ThatFatDrolf
  dragoon86's art thread(Update 27June) dragoon86 87 51,644 Mon Jun 27, 2011 08:47 AM
Last Post: dragoon86
  sakroe's art thread sakroe 29 15,064 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 PM
Last Post: sakroe
  Stuppie's art thread Stuppie 29 11,532 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 PM
Last Post: Stuppie
  Fenrirwolfen's Art Thread Fenrirwolfen 4 3,418 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 AM
Last Post: Fenrirwolfen
  Polymorph/I.L's Art Thread polymorph 7 3,607 Tue Jan 05, 2010 07:05 AM
Last Post: gingertom84
  Rhyfe's Art Thread rhyfe2002 72 31,148 Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 PM
Last Post: Drak'rrth
  Art competition of The New Media Award 34FoonG 3 2,321 Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:45 AM
Last Post: 34FoonG

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

 Quick Theme: