Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 02:52 PM
RE: Audio
Resident audiophile and hamsterwuff, Zeph, would probably have a thing or two to say.

Currently using my 2nd Gen iPod Nano + Sennheiser CX 271 in-ear headphones.

So far, so damn bloody good.

(Sun Mar 13, 2011 03:17 PM)Krado Wrote:  Monster Lady Gaga - Crap. Gathering dust now

Two words: Lady Gaga.

I don't want your "Bad Romance", or "Rad Bromance". Hurr hurr... :3

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Mar 14, 2011 04:12 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
(Mon Mar 14, 2011 08:15 AM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  Meh? That's scary. But did you ever try Dead Space with these *Pokes Beats Studio around neck* before?
I'll emphasize the text "Back then" in my previous post Winking

Quote:You have no idea how realistic that 'WHARRGARBL' sounded... *Shudders* and since THEY pop up at random times without wwarning... Try not to get cardiac arrest.
Oh, I'm just biding my time with this game till my next hardware upgrade, as with all my previous upgrades, is planned to coincide with the release of the next Elder Scrolls, and planned to include these little canaries
[Image: sound-speakers-z906.jpg]
Me? Cardiac arrest?? What about the whole apartment block?!?!
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 09:23 PM
I have no idea what my compy speakers are. Guess I'll have to check the box.
As for headphones, I'm using a pair of Audio-Technica headphones, can't remember the model. (those SGFurs that have seen me wearing that pair of black headphones should remember)

And as for sound quality, its good. But paired with the horrible iPod Touch that has no customisable sound equaliser, well, ugh.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
(Mon Mar 14, 2011 09:23 PM)DJAtomika Wrote:  And as for sound quality, its good. But paired with the horrible iPod Touch that has no customisable sound equaliser, well, ugh.
I THINK I saw an equalizer app on the app store the other day, costs 2.99. But if your iPod touch is jailbroken...

100% hyper, 100% of the time.
[Image: mca.png]
Find all posts by this user
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 11:28 AM
(Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 PM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  
(Mon Mar 14, 2011 09:23 PM)DJAtomika Wrote:  And as for sound quality, its good. But paired with the horrible iPod Touch that has no customisable sound equaliser, well, ugh.
I THINK I saw an equalizer app on the app store the other day, costs 2.99. But if your iPod touch is jailbroken...

It no be jailbroken. And I kinda harbor a dislike for apps. They take up precious memory space that I could use for music.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
(Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 PM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  

I listen to songs WITHOUT an equaliser, because it "forces" an unnatural sound out of my music. If you have a good enough bit rate for your music and a decent pair of buds, then the equaliser doesn't need to be utilised. I have never, ever turned on the equaliser for my iPod nano or iPod touch with any of my earbuds. I have a minimum 192kbps (MP3) bit rate requirement for my music, but most of my music are at least 320kbps or in Apple Lossless. Equaliser? Pfft. You don't need an equaliser at that level of fidelity.

Also, enabling the equaliser has been said to result in a hit in battery life as the sound processor has to work harder.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:46 PM
I remember when building my comp, I was worried about going over budget, so I ended up getting the cheapest Logitech speakers on the shelf >.<
And don't even ask where my headset's from (probably China heh), but at least people can hear me when gaming. At least they've managed to survive being slammed against the desk in frustration.

Am I the only person whose mobile MP3 player consists of playing MP3s on his old 3G phone? (relatively when everyone's using smartphones now)
Damn, I feel so inadequate.

Come closer, I don't bite....sometimes...(RAWR!)
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 02:39 PM
(Wed Mar 16, 2011 01:46 PM)Nightdragon0 Wrote:  Am I the only person whose mobile MP3 player consists of playing MP3s on his old 3G phone? (relatively when everyone's using smartphones now)
Damn, I feel so inadequate.

Although I have a relatively new phone, I don't use it for listening to my music. I am a firm believer that music players should be dedicated music players and not hybrid devices, and I believe I am not along in that thinking. That is the reason why I still rely on my 2nd Gen iPod nano for my music. If I were to get another music player, it would still be an iPod, and not an iPhone or smartphone with music capabilities.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
Yea I've been telling myself I should get an ipod some time....when I can get over my dislike of the itunes program that is.

Come closer, I don't bite....sometimes...(RAWR!)
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 08:05 PM
Logitech Z-5500 for half a decade now, I haven't even seen a replacement model for it yet from Logitech.

[Image: 41yJpETv3LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]