Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 11:43 PM
Audio
Headphones? In-ear speakers? Big-ass sound systems that will put all others to shame? What's yours?
Dr dre's Beats studio for me. Nothing to read in this tiny text.

100% hyper, 100% of the time.
[Image: mca.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 12:26 AM
RE: Audio
All of the above.... hehehehe

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 03:49 AM
I'm using a Philips SBC HP200, bought around 5-6 years ago, burn-in made it sound delicious, and dropped it roughly 30-40 times without a scratch. Left side is barely slightly softer than the right though. Most toughest quality budget headphones I've ever seen in my life.

Previous el-cheapo Philips headphone conked out just after 3 drops. Big smile

Also, I've destroyed 3 pairs of earphones (unintentionally) during the lifespan of my Creative Zen mp3 player. Currently using a blue pair of Philips SHE3582 earbuds which I hope will be durable for as long as possible.

A friend of mine has a Grado SR60i. It makes you have eargasms.

If I had the budget I'd probably go for a good pair of Audio Technicas or Sennheisers, if they don't exceed RM300. Guess that's where I cross the line. Big smile

-- Delta-HT
[AnthroAsia.com administrator]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 09:14 AM
Oh lol. I had a pair of monster jamz, Bose earphones and a Philips SBC HP400, all lost the left channel. I didn't even drop them.

Just so you know, I'm not rich, they just happened to be gifts to my father.

Sun Mar 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
Using a Philips headphone too. But not a high end one. I'm currently connect my laptop to a old Sony Hi-Fi Stereo System. A lot of its function is unusable but I'm just using it as a amplifier.

When I can afford it, I will buy those high end headphones and professional audio monitors (speakers in layman terms).

*sign*
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 03:17 PM
(Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:43 PM)GammaOhFiveTwo Wrote:  Headphones? In-ear speakers? Big-ass sound systems that will put all others to shame? What's yours?

Denon AH-C351 - great stuff for $70.
Technics RP-F550 - Been around for 5 years. Still love it.
Beyerdynamics DJX-1 - Broken
Sennheiser PX90 - Just for that special moment of going around while hearing people
Monster Lady Gaga - Crap. Gathering dust now
Sony NWZ-W252 - When I go cycling

Used to have a X202ES, Musical Fidelity A1 and Polk Audio RS125 but sold it. Now my PC squeaks through a pair of Altec Lansing VS2420. Heh

Sun Mar 13, 2011, 03:49 PM
Student on a budget. A tight, tiiiiiiiight budget.

Sennheiser HD201 - Still workable, first pair of decent headphones I've ever owned. Dropped and abused for years.
CrossRoads Bijou 2 - Left channel wire frayed, right channel doesn't work anymore.
Brainwavz ProAlpha - Good enough.

And what I use when the family's not around.
Denon DCD590 -> Denon AVR1507 -> Mission L/R speakers, Wharfedale centres and 8" subwoofer.

Classified Data: Personnel Records
#247A
Valcien, Xynder
Division: 24th Special Infantry
Species: Northern Sergal
Eye colour: Green (Left) Red (Right)
Fur colour: Black / White
#247B
Species: Arctic Wolf-Nightfire Dragon hybrid (An Arctic Night Drolf, if you will)
Eye colour: Red (Left) Green (Right)
Fur colour: White / Black

Weapons of choice: High-caliber pistols, Heavy Rifles, Shotguns

[Image: 76561197995964009.png]
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Mar 14, 2011 07:04 AM by Canis Enigmas.)
Back then, my brother had a pair of Koss foldable headphones (the model number eludes my memory for now) and story has it that while he was out, his housemate borrowed it to play a game.

His mistake: the game was Doom 3

Upon returning home, my brother found that all the other housemates, who were present then, all said the same thing:

"Yeah, we heard him scream."
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 08:15 AM
(Mon Mar 14, 2011 07:03 AM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Back then, my brother had a pair of Koss foldable headphones (the model number eludes my memory for now) and story has it that while he was out, his housemate borrowed it to play a game.

Upon returning home, my brother found that all the other housemates, who were present then, all said the same thing:

Meh? That's scary. But did you ever try Dead Space with these *Pokes Beats Studio around neck* before? You have no idea how realistic that 'WHARRGARBL' sounded... *Shudders* and since THEY pop up at random times without warning... Try not to get cardiac arrest.

Mon Mar 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
(Mon Mar 14, 2011 07:03 AM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Back then, my brother had a pair of Koss foldable headphones (the model number eludes my memory for now) and story has it that while he was out, his housemate borrowed it to play a game.

One more win for quality audio.

Classified Data: Personnel Records
#247A
Valcien, Xynder
Division: 24th Special Infantry
Species: Northern Sergal
Eye colour: Green (Left) Red (Right)
Fur colour: Black / White
#247B
Species: Arctic Wolf-Nightfire Dragon hybrid (An Arctic Night Drolf, if you will)
Eye colour: Red (Left) Green (Right)
Fur colour: White / Black

Weapons of choice: High-caliber pistols, Heavy Rifles, Shotguns

[Image: 76561197995964009.png]