Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minecraft!
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 01:12 PM
RE: Minecraft!
Memory requirements maybe steep for server, estimates are like potential of 100MB per player...

Maybe can use an old machine to rig up some just for fun SMP stuff for a small group of AA users.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 08:05 AM
Hehe. x3
Sadly though, there's a problem with SMP on comps that run on XP. Makes their internet DC after a while of playing. I get this problem. ><

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:18 PM
Was expecting people to post a thread~ .w.

Must finish finals first... make replica of prontera latur....

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: Fri Mar 04, 2011 04:25 AM by Nox Stripes.)
Well look at that. I made my own ,mod actually. ok I admit it aint that hard with minecraft. x3 But hey its cool. It does about 7 Hearts of damage and is Indestructable... almost. I guess if you would play some YEARS with it it might break SOMEtime... but I find it rather hard to overuse something that much Neutral
http://img263.imageshack.us/i/finishedcraft.png/
Its called
THE MASAMUNE!!! The red Bloody Sword which is only obtainable through an secret recipe Tongue
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 02:42 PM
neat sword. been playing the game for a couple of months myself. its pretty cool and more so when you have a large group of friends on the same server.

[Image: 76561197994832700.png]
[Image: new001.gif] Click this swirl for my furaffinity page.
[Image: apotheosiheavynomicon.gif] Alternatively, click this guy for my deviantart page
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:48 AM
What's so good about a game that looks like it came out of the 80's? Srsly, with all the HD games of today?
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:07 AM
(Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 AM)TheLonelyDragon Wrote:  What's so good about a game that looks like it came out of the 80's? Srsly, with all the HD games of today?

What's wrong with games having old school graphics? The way you said it, you sure gave the impression of mostly the type of noob gamer that only cares for graphics rather than the gameplay elements.

Take a lot of 3D Dot Game Heroes, Scott Pilgrim VS The World and Super Meat Boy, for example. Those are pretty darn good games too, without realistic graphics or superb look.

[Image: steam_statimage.php?p=bigwuffflex&amp;s=01b]

[Image: 8tx7cg][Image: 9xwqkh]
[Image: 735yny][Image: 9h2xvd]
[Image: axyhxc][Image: 72r3kd]
[Image: 87d6x6][Image: 87ugnk]

My FurAffinity
My DeviantArt
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 AM by ThatFatDrolf.)
(Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 AM)TheLonelyDragon Wrote:  What's so good about a game that looks like it came out of the 80's? Srsly, with all the HD games of today?

True that games come with great graphics nowadays and attracts more people. But why is a game even made if the game mechanics and method of gameplay is not the same as the graphics itself. A good game relies on good gameplay, the graphics is more for the game appeal which attracts the player into the game environment.

Imagine having a game with top notch graphics but controls messing up, bad collision detection and does not even contain a storyline. Would you even play it?

Any game can be a good game but to get the best out of any game is through its gameplay. Then, the environment follows which explains the physics engine and the atmosphere (sound, tint and gamma etc.) which will immerse the player into the game itself. Lastly is the graphics which brings the appeal.

So, HD games may not be the 'in' thing for most. A true game will have the gameplay elements first and the graphics last.

[Image: 76561198029946472.png]
Intolerance to stupidity and low-level logic...
Don't try me as you were warned
Site Visits :
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Mar 06, 2011 02:45 PM by lightning64.)

Because it contains more sense and value than the pointless "Games of today" mindset.

*Does not want to rant today...*

But do me a favour and just TRY the game(P.S. get beta...) rather than spilling out a critique without even trying to play the game itself, if you still dont like it, it may not be your type of game(please don't ignore game play as well... its a sad excuse :l ) else... well.... ummm.... just don't blame me... :3

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 09:56 PM
(Sun Mar 06, 2011 09:51 AM)Ardagor Wrote:  So, HD games may not be the 'in' thing for most. A true game will have the gameplay elements first and the graphics last.

AND THATS why I still PLay Chrono Trigger everyday!