Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arda's 2011 Art Thread
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Jan 31, 2011 06:23 AM by ThatFatDrolf.)
Arda's 2011 Art Thread
2011 is going to be a wee bit colorful as I move up from no color to pencil colour. I don't think I will or can post fetish art here, so whatever you see here comes from my ARDAGOR account.

Pretend the other account doesn't exist... :3

COLOUR PRACTICE ONE

COLOUR PRACTICE TWO

[Image: 76561198029946472.png]
Intolerance to stupidity and low-level logic...
Don't try me as you were warned
Site Visits :
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:59 PM
RE: Arda's 2011 Art Thread
Now, I don't have the experience and am not in the position to lecture about how colouring pencils should be done, but I'll just give a few lobsided opinion from what I've observed Tongue

I like how you're replicating strands of hair and their flow while mixing in different colour tones in the first image. But somehow the rest of the colouring appears to have been done in a "crayon-sih" style. I'm not sure if that is intended, but it is a quite a bit out of place with the colouring style of the hair. I think you could do better with the pizza though. It looks like the cheese has gone bad Tongue
The second image is clearly done too small and as a result you're not able to use the colour pencil's texture to your advantage. I only spot a few good attempts at using the colour intensity to add dimensions to the character, but other than that, the colouring looks more a blind shot in the dark :/
All furry artists have to go through the stage where they have to overcome their timidness and start drawing larger .... even more so with you being a fat fur *pokes* Tongue
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 PM by ThatFatDrolf.)
(Thu Feb 03, 2011 08:59 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Now, I don't have the experience and am not in the position to lecture about how colouring pencils should be done, but I'll just give a few lobsided opinion from what I've observed Tongue

I like how you're replicating strands of hair and their flow while mixing in different colour tones in the first image. But somehow the rest of the colouring appears to have been done in a "crayon-sih" style. I'm not sure if that is intended, but it is a quite a bit out of place with the colouring style of the hair. I think you could do better with the pizza though. It looks like the cheese has gone bad Tongue
The second image is clearly done too small and as a result you're not able to use the colour pencil's texture to your advantage. I only spot a few good attempts at using the colour intensity to add dimensions to the character, but other than that, the colouring looks more a blind shot in the dark :/
All furry artists have to go through the stage where they have to overcome their timidness and start drawing larger .... even more so with you being a fat fur *pokes* Tongue

Aye true but I think I talked about this on MSN with you ^^;

Here's a new piece now with a TABLET. Basically just an arm because I am still mastering the tablet dynamics.

Going Out on A Limb

EDIT: Link broken due to Imageshack's temporary domain. Replaced with Photobucket Link.

Site Visits :
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 11:53 PM
Good job with it. The line intensity seems rather inconsistent, but somehow it rather works will with your style Winking
Keep practising. But remember to keep in mind the experience from traditional media are so rarely ever helpful with digital drawing tools, that you might as well consider them two completely seperate skill sets :/
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 12:38 AM
(Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Good job with it. The line intensity seems rather inconsistent, but somehow it rather works will with your style Winking
Keep practising. But remember to keep in mind the experience from traditional media are so rarely ever helpful with digital drawing tools, that you might as well consider them two completely seperate skill sets :/

Which is why I take practising on Digital Art differently from Trad Art ^3^''

I want to grasp both as two skills sets I want to master. With the holidays now, I am really pushing myself already. Yeah, I got the same comment for the line inconsistency because my hand are shaky and of course I am not so skilled.

Site Visits :
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
I was staring into blank space, then suddenly I feel very light headed and have a sudden allergy to needles... Why? D:

Inflatable Gale

Site Visits :
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 09:08 AM
*poke poke* Devil
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 09:31 AM
No poking. It is very bad for my health and well-being... :c

Site Visits :
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
Inflatable castle!!! Big smile

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Find all posts by this user
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 05:36 PM
Bouncy dragon. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  dragoon86's art thread(Update 27June) dragoon86 87 43,464 Mon Jun 27, 2011 08:47 AM
Last Post: dragoon86
  Light's Media Thread lightning64 3 2,583 Sat Mar 26, 2011 09:44 PM
Last Post: lightning64
  sakroe's art thread sakroe 29 12,467 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 PM
Last Post: sakroe
  Stuppie's art thread Stuppie 29 8,908 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 PM
Last Post: Stuppie
  Fenrirwolfen's Art Thread Fenrirwolfen 4 2,893 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 AM
Last Post: Fenrirwolfen
  Polymorph/I.L's Art Thread polymorph 7 3,001 Tue Jan 05, 2010 07:05 AM
Last Post: gingertom84
  Rhyfe's Art Thread rhyfe2002 72 23,977 Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 PM