Thread Rating:
  • 291 Votes - 2.99 Average
Dungeon & Dragons - Beginner Campaign
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 02:31 AM
Dungeon & Dragons - Beginner Campaign
Hi All,

I am going to run a 3.5ed Dungeons & Dragons for some beginners this weekend, please feel free to join if you can!
Drop me a PM or SMS if you are coming or want more info.

Here are the nitty gritty details.

Date: 15th January 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 1200hrs
Place: Scape
Things to bring: Pencil, Paper, Player's Handbook aka PHB(If any), Dice(If any), Laptop(If any)
Things to note: You might want to create a little background story about your character, where you come from, what you family is like, where you get your skills from, what is your goals and dreams. Note that you will be starting at level 1. Also try not to plan things like you are a prince of some kingdom unless u like a challenge, being sons of royalty or a hero is a very large shoe to fill.Smile
Lastly, although this is a fantasy game, I will be running the game rather realistically. E.g, if you did not pack any rations and incapable of hunting or foraging for food, you will starve and die.
Setting: Fantasy Medieval, my own created world. For those who are familiar with Forgotten Realms setting or Faerun, it will be something like that.

Ive been playing and running D&D for past 14 years, love the game, its fun, exciting, and definitely helps with thinking out of the box and problem solving.
I also run games and play White Wolf games, mainly Vampire:The Masquerade, Werewolf:The Apocalypse and Changeling: The Dreaming.
Used to run the LARP version as well and was part of the official LARP group in Singapore.

BTW, for those who don't have the books, I'll see what I can do....Winking

Your local werewolf,
Wulfe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 08:12 PM
RE: Dungeon & Dragons - Beginner Campaign
Sorry Wulfe, but schedule kinda too packed for D&D these days. XD

I can spare the required dice, 3ed and some... printed copies of 3.5ed books if anybody needs them for it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Jan 12, 2011 09:34 PM by Theshadows64.)
man i always wanted to play D&D... but i just dont no where to start...
cant come... being that its in singapore and all.... sigh...

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
Count me in for the campaign!

We're going to use new characters right? Random stats or assigned? *goes print some more character sheets*

Haven't played a proper campaign for awhile now. I couldn't find my PDF handbooks anywhere and it seems I've also misplaced some of my dices, though I found my d10 and d20s in the Monopoly box...
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 11:33 PM
._. Darn, it's in Singapore. *is in Malaysia*

I'm a part of a small group who used to run custom campaigns for 3.5e games, took hours trying to complete a single subquest just 'cos it strained all our resources from thinking to gathering of information, and in the end pulling off the job.

The full quest was never finished since. :/ Lol.

Now we're developing a new system to use since we were dissatisfied with 4.0e, but it's been hanging out to dry for a while now soooo...

good hunting, fellow dungeon-raiders!

A man steps off a cliff to test his faith.

A man steps back from the cliff to test his rationality.

A man sits down and wonders to test his reasoning.

I am the man busy someplace else doing something much more useful yet.
Like art!

Kyzarius' FurAffinity! (much more active)
Kyzarius' DeviantArt! (very inactive)
Thu Jan 13, 2011, 12:11 AM
Heyas!

Darklurker: Thank you for help dwaggy!! I'll make sure the adventurers get a chance to meet you in game!Winking

Theshadows64: Which part of Malaysia you're in? Well....there ARE games which are played via forums or email but they can be terribly slow. Perhaps there will be a chance you come down or I go over there!Smile

fluffytora: Yup! New characters, all level one. Stat roll is 4D6, take 3 highest. Reroll all 1s and 2s, roll on site! I'll erm..... magick a digital simulacrum of the book for you in a...errm...magical shiny disc thingy!!

Kyzarius: I know what you mean! I have a campaign that we still play on occasion thats been running for 11 years and still ongoing!! From when I was a lvl1 cleric till lvl20 with my own temple! Yay!
Yeah 4.0e SUCKS!! I refuse to go there! However, I do suggest using 'Pathfinder', it is the upgraded version of 3.5e as it was written by all those writers WoTC forced to resign.

So ok furries, will see you @ scape this sunday! SMS me @ +65 90621131.

-Wulfe
Thu Jan 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
well im in the borderline between Selangor and KL... yeah i've tried forums before but since sometimes im not online for months at a time i sometimes just forget the i was playing... =P

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Thu Jan 13, 2011, 08:59 PM
I'M GAME! but i MAY be late. i'll try not to be :3

also, LARP sounds fun! and since we DO have a dragon and such... *thinks destruction upon dragon*

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Thu Jan 13, 2011, 10:00 PM
@Wulfe: I got another set of PDFs from my friend today, though he didn't have the DM manual. Would you prefer we use the 3.5 charsheets or from 4? I personally think 4 looks better. ...and Warlock for me? XD
Fri Jan 14, 2011, 12:26 PM
question: is it sunday 16th? or saturday 15th?

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dungeons and Dragons Desiderata 21 8,795 Tue Jun 24, 2008 09:16 AM
Last Post: Wynther Knight