Thread Rating:
  • 226 Votes - 2.88 Average
Last movie you watched recently + Your Opinion on it
Mon Nov 15, 2010, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 PM by Katsuke.)
Last movie you watched recently + Your Opinion on it
Kay so..I haven't been to a cinema in a really long while..
My last movie with Legends of Guardians - watched it with Senphyro..
And it was awesome to me. I loved the graphics and animations..although the story could have been better.

How about you guys? Any movies you furs have watched recently? Good or bad, let me hear some opinions..be it love or hate for any movies that popped up around this few months. Smile

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Nov 15, 2010, 11:29 PM
RE: Last movie you watched recently + Your Opinion on it
Lol. Movies, eh?

RED was nice, real nice, though it could have done a little better with the pacing and the filling of loopholes. Characters were colorful, from a disgruntled black ops retiree, a bugged-up paranoid veteran, an old Russian rival-turned-comrade, and a lady sniper. A freaking lady sniper. I love the lady sniper. She is gutsy and classy.

But the story's pacing still falls short of perfection.

Megamind, cheeky villainy humor with lots of saving graces from its exaggerated fight scenes to the stupid plans Megamind comes up with. Enjoyable cartoon, verily so but not too family-friendly due to certain complex parts I-will-not-spoil-for-other-furs. Pacing, awkward as well, but if that were to be fixed, it shall be perfect, and I might even recommend it as movie-of-the-month.

Nice one, geezer.

Takers, realistic gangster story about a meticulously-planned bank job and vendetta-clad gangsters. Real okay pacing, acting, real smooth blend, but once you miss the opening, you'd have trouble getting the rest of the story back til halfway. Very long, somewhat slow, but the action is delivered in one, heart-pounding combination. Get some popcorn since it'll be long. Ending sucks though.

Another movie that falls short of perfection.

Now I'm gonna go torrent crap. Yay.

A man steps off a cliff to test his faith.

A man steps back from the cliff to test his rationality.

A man sits down and wonders to test his reasoning.

I am the man busy someplace else doing something much more useful yet.
Like art!

Kyzarius' FurAffinity! (much more active)
Kyzarius' DeviantArt! (very inactive)
Tue Nov 16, 2010, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 AM by fluffytora.)
My last movie watched?

The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi.

It was released since Febuary in Japan but only premiered for the rest of the world just yesterday on Day 2 of the Anime Fest Asia 2010 (14th Nov). Watched it with a friend. He wasn't a Haruhi fan before. After the movie, he converted. =D

It was magnificent. Having read the novel, I had extremely high expectations of the movie. And it delivered.

Again, awesome animation from KyoAni, better and smoother than most 2D animes of this Fall/Winter season. As for the plot, they followed the novel to a fault, which was beyond great, but therefore ended quite lengthy at 2 hours and 20 minutes. I had a big cup of coffee before and had a solid 1.5 min of waterfall after the movie. XD

If you liked Inception, complex plots, and major plot twists, then this is a must watch. Be forewarned, I actually think its story is even more complex and mind-boggling than the aforementioned Inception, and that it references heavily to it's other novels and without those knowledge some part will seem confusing.

Plot: 10/10
Animation: 10/10
Music: 8/10
Awesomeness: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10

And then the movie before that was The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole on 8th Nov. Watched it with some of my classmates.

I wasn't that interested, simply because I know that the plot is going to be extremely cliched and linear. Other than that, I thought it was a rather pleasant movie to watch. The animation and effects is great, and the scenery is just stunningly georgeous. I especially like the scenes of the owls flying past the three gothic archways along the island's shore.

Also like Disappearance, there were loads of terminology I didn't and wouldn't understand because I didn't read the books or do my research.

Overall worth watching just for the beauty of the scenery.

Plot: 6/10
Animation: 10/10
Music: 8/10
Awesomeness: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

And the one before that was... Inception... which we all know is an awesome movie.
Tue Nov 16, 2010, 08:11 PM
Watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Nice adaptation from the old Disney short of the same name.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:42 PM by Katsuke.)
Just to keep this topic alive, I just watched Rapunzel : A Tangled Tale from Disney.
All I can say is.. "Its just another Disney princess movie...just a wee bit better."

Personally I think the story is very very...typical. And filled with songs and musical style singing - how every Disney-ish.
The best part was the slapstick jokes and the animation. Coz the movie was done in 3D, squash/stretching and the snappy animation movements were just awesome - especially on Maximus the Horse (He makes Mulan's horse look boring!)..
Fun and not bad all in all if you're into Disney Princess movies. Which I am...not so~

Thu Jan 20, 2011, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Jan 20, 2011 01:27 PM by Hollud.)
TRON: Legacy is just awesome.

Graphics are out-of-this-world, which it technically is. Music was just orgasm-inducing, although it should have been given the plot seemed too rushed and too simplified. The music more than made up for that.

The Fighter was a dark horse (Ha ha! Dark horse! Get it?) but ultimately an inspirational (and true) story with a plot that just trumps TRON hands down.

I went into the cinema with nary an expectation of a decent movie, but it turns out that it was a pretty damn good one. Sure, there's plenty of cussing and smoking (of illegal substances) and prolific mentioning of vices, but behind it all is a (true) story and brilliant acting that really makes you feel for the characters portrayed on the big screen.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Thu Jan 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
Oh yush I watched Tron..and in 3D!...And it costed me RM45.. v_v;;
Err..yeah..was in Canada and apparently there were holiday prices..But I guess..being with a bunch of friends, it was a one time opportunity so.. yeah. =P

I agree the plot was too short...but maybe its coz I haven't watched the very first Tron, the friends I were with were like :
"DUUUUDE, Go back and download it NOW!"

Thu Jan 20, 2011, 10:58 PM
(Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  Oh yush I watched Tron..and in 3D!...And it costed me RM45.. v_v;;

RM45?!

The Horse paid less than SGD$10 (not including popcorn, which I now personally find disgusting) for the same 3D version!

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Fri Jan 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
(Thu Jan 20, 2011 01:23 PM)Hollud Wrote:  Graphics are out-of-this-world, which it technically is. Music was just orgasm-inducing, although it should have been given the plot seemed too rushed and too simplified. The music more than made up for that.
As to quote my brother: 2 hours of Daft Punk music video awesomeness. Oh, the movie? It was okay.
Wed Jan 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
Just an update.. I can't bring myself to watch the first movie. xD
I can't stop laughing when I first saw the costumes...I knooooow its an ooooold movie!!

I sincerely apologize to all Tron fans out there. ^^;;

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthro Movie: The Fantastic Mr. Fox! Wynther Knight 17 14,213 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:15 PM
Last Post: gingertom84
  Another Movie to look out for on 2010 Wynther Knight 2 2,317 Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:46 AM
Last Post: nightPhaser
  Another 3D Animated Furry Movie Wynther Knight 8 8,688 Fri Sep 25, 2009 08:01 PM
Last Post: MitoFox
  Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Trailer Wynther Knight 2 2,221 Sun Feb 08, 2009 08:26 PM
Last Post: Wynther Knight
  G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra Movie Trailer Wynther Knight 1 1,992 Sun Feb 08, 2009 03:14 PM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
  From a game now into a movie DracoWong 13 6,210 Wed Feb 02, 2005 08:35 PM
Last Post: DracoWong