Thread Rating:
  • 303 Votes - 2.92 Average
Bukit Jalil park furry invashun - 16/10/2010
Mon Oct 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
RE: Bukit Jalil park furry invashun - 16/10/2010
(Mon Oct 18, 2010 06:29 PM)DarkLurker Wrote:  Looks like there should be more furry invasions up in KL more often hehe. XD

I wonder though..How many other Malaysians own a fursuit besides CT. )=

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Oct 18, 2010, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Oct 18, 2010 08:45 PM by ctwolf88.)
(Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:12 AM)Hollud Wrote:  Neat. I take it you were using dSLRs (or something equivalent)?

Just a quick note from a fellow photographer: Cloudy sky shots with white fur should be avoided. It was a bit of strain on my eyes trying to determine where the fur ended and where the sky began. Great use of focus and the bokeh is alright, but were you shooting in RAW? Maybe it's just me, but the focus was still a bit soft. Then again, this Horse is just being picky.

Regardless, your suit is AWESOME! You really should take it out to (appropriate) events and give yourself more exposure.

Ehehe, thx...already going to Halloween wut Tongue

Katsuke Wrote:..I got a question to CT! How did it feel being an entertainer and catching all the attention. :3 ..

Well, this was my first public appearance and I was a bit nervous since I was unsure on how the locals will feel about it, but I guess it should be about the same as Singapore. I was rather passive about it, so if only they came then I would respond. But at least i'm a bit more confident to go out in public now. In terms of other suiters, I guess there's wonghusky with his home made suit, but a bit difficult to communicate =/. Wait till I post my pics on FA ehehe.

-CTW
"Sony products are wolf-friendly Smile."
Mon Oct 18, 2010, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Oct 18, 2010 09:26 PM by Katsuke.)
Waow, so there's like...only 2. ._.
I should save up money..then teman you, CT. XD

Well...I wish. My parents will chase after me with torches and pitchforks. =.=

I've dropped you a watch on FA, so once its up, I wanna fave. Big smile

Tue Oct 19, 2010, 01:52 AM
(Mon Oct 18, 2010 02:36 PM)MiloDesty Wrote:  Yeah, using a Canon 550D.
I'm still sorta an amateur photographer, so I'm still learning.
Your tip is much appreciated. :3

Go RAW! This Horse only shoots RAW.

I'm assuming (given how some of your shots were set up) that you're using some form of telephoto lens?

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tue Oct 19, 2010, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Oct 19, 2010 01:13 PM by MiloDesty.)
(Tue Oct 19, 2010 01:52 AM)Hollud Wrote:  Go RAW! This Horse only shoots RAW.

I'm assuming (given how some of your shots were set up) that you're using some form of telephoto lens?

But Mister Horse! I AM using RAW! D8

I'm not sure if 18-135mm is considered telephoto lens. DX
I also used a 50mm lens on some part.

[Image: 76561197996932630.png]
http://milodesty.deviantart.com/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/milodesty/
Tue Oct 19, 2010, 06:49 PM
(Tue Oct 19, 2010 01:08 PM)MiloDesty Wrote:  But Mister Horse! I AM using RAW! D8

I'm not sure if 18-135mm is considered telephoto lens. DX
I also used a 50mm lens on some part.

Stock lens, right?

The pictures seem a bit... soft to me. Then again, it could be that your AF focusing on other things. Like, for instance, focusing on the t-shirt (which seems to be the sharpest points in some pictures) rather than the fuzzy head. The fur seems to take up a softer quality to it, when it could be sharper, given the good amount of light during your walkabouts.

I'd recommend tuning your AF (either to ONE SHOT or AI FOCUS) and the AF Point used to focus your shots. If you are shooting on P or A, setting a higher ISO (a manual setting would be preferred over Auto) would give you faster shutter speeds, negating some loss of detail due to handshake.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Tue Oct 19, 2010, 07:47 PM
(Tue Oct 19, 2010 06:49 PM)Hollud Wrote:  Stock lens, right?

The pictures seem a bit... soft to me. Then again, it could be that your AF focusing on other things. Like, for instance, focusing on the t-shirt (which seems to be the sharpest points in some pictures) rather than the fuzzy head. The fur seems to take up a softer quality to it, when it could be sharper, given the good amount of light during your walkabouts.

I'd recommend tuning your AF (either to ONE SHOT or AI FOCUS) and the AF Point used to focus your shots. If you are shooting on P or A, setting a higher ISO (a manual setting would be preferred over Auto) would give you faster shutter speeds, negating some loss of detail due to handshake.

I think the picture looks soft cause I edited it in Photoshop? xD

Perhaps it could be the Auto Focus thing and it messed it up a bit.

My AF is already in ONE SHOT and I always use Manual. My shutter speed was pretty high during that time.

So I guess its my fault in Photoshop xD

[Image: 76561197996932630.png]
http://milodesty.deviantart.com/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/milodesty/
Tue Oct 19, 2010, 11:51 PM
(Tue Oct 19, 2010 07:47 PM)MiloDesty Wrote:  I think the picture looks soft cause I edited it in Photoshop? xD

Perhaps it could be the Auto Focus thing and it messed it up a bit.

My AF is already in ONE SHOT and I always use Manual. My shutter speed was pretty high during that time.

So I guess its my fault in Photoshop xD

Normally, I will leave the AF turned on if it's bright and there's plenty of light. I'll only switch to Manual focus if there's very little light around (leaving the lens to go "hunting" for the appropriate focus). If you're using manual focus, you might want to take note of the dioptre setting next to the viewfinder. For me, I have to set it to neutral (if you don't rely on glasses or spectacles) or any other setting will result in the image focus turning out different than what I actually saw through the viewfinder.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed Oct 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
*Is jotting down notes.* Photography class in session. o.o

Wed Oct 20, 2010, 05:40 PM
(Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  *Is jotting down notes.* Photography class in session. o.o
*takes down notes too*
what will be a suitable Nikon/Canon dslr for a total beginner?

Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life!
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
[Image: 76561198017344342.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Singapore YOG 2010 - Lyo and Merly Hollud 5 4,883 Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 AM
Last Post: veemaster
  3 July 2010 SG Fur Outing + Fursuiting Arkmedus Woff 3 2,984 Fri Jul 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Last Post: DarkLurker
  CANCELLED: cosplay/fursuit volunteer event - 17 July 2010 DarkLurker 11 9,540 Wed May 05, 2010 09:28 AM
Last Post: DarkLurker
  Furry Documentary Kyuuhari 3 3,040 Sat Dec 15, 2007 01:08 PM
Last Post: kerespup