Thread Rating:
  • 209 Votes - 2.85 Average
The Expendables
Mon Aug 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
The Expendables
[Image: expu.png]

Anyone else a sucker for overdose amounts of explosions and gunfire..? ;P

I got slightly more deaf after leaving the cinema after this.. XD
But all the stunts, guns, explosives, blades, blood, violence, action..made me squeal on the inside like a kid's first time at a Candy Store. Big smile

For just the action alone, I would think the movie's just crazy fun. Tongue
Its not perfect, but definitely on my watch list. Smile

...Next off, Scott Pilgrim VS the World!.... if I have time.. ;w;

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Aug 23, 2010, 05:09 PM
RE: The Expendables
sounds like something i will watch XD

Live like a fire wild and hot, never stop burning, burn everything that stops you, live it to the best. Cool
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 02:06 PM
I watched The Expendables last week.

When the AA-12 and its HE-grenade explosive shell ammunition were introduced, I had a temporary 'Big smile' on my face for at least 5 minutes.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:43 PM
I almost peed in my pants due to the sheer awesomeness of it all. Especially when the AA-12 went rapid fire in that corridor. Woah!

[Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=4&...ype=symbol][Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=W&...ype=symbol][Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=G&...ype=symbol]

+2: Put a white 2/4 fox spirit token into play.
-3: Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance until end of turn.
-9: Creatures you control get vigilance, double strike, trample, and lifelink until end of turn.

Loyalty: 6
Wed Aug 25, 2010, 01:14 AM
The cinema I was in couldn't stop laughing at the AA12 part.. XD
It really was hilarious seeing them bodies fly like that. XD

Thu Aug 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
I like the movie but the explosion effect look too fake to me. From the scene they do strafing fire in the jetty, exploding mansion and how the heli destroyed. Look too weird... Hmmm...

I really happy seeing Ahnuld in the movie although he just show up just for 2 minutes scene.
Fri Aug 27, 2010, 10:37 AM
Having Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis in one scene together defined awesomeness.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Fri Aug 27, 2010, 04:31 PM
(Thu Aug 26, 2010 01:32 PM)judgement_86 Wrote:  I like the movie but the explosion effect look too fake to me. From the scene they do strafing fire in the jetty, exploding mansion and how the heli destroyed. Look too weird... Hmmm...

Oh the explosions were definitely real, Its just that the smoke, dust, debris and the part where the villa was crumbling..yes those are definitely CGI. =P
Can tell easily coz its quite...fake. XP

(Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 AM)DJAtomika Wrote:  Having Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis in one scene together defined awesomeness.

Best joke of the movie evar. Tongue

Fri Aug 27, 2010, 05:32 PM
(Fri Aug 27, 2010 04:31 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  Oh the explosions were definitely real, Its just that the smoke, dust, debris and the part where the villa was crumbling..yes those are definitely CGI. =P

About the explosion, it was real... but the way it explode that make me wanna say 'whatta fish with the explosion!?' For example, when the time after the good guy do the strafing fire on the jetty, Barney dump the fuel on the bad guy and Christmas fire the flare and kaboom! But why the fuel weren't burned up like usual, usually the plane fuel are easily can catch fire and if in real life, the plane also gonna blown up together as the fire follow trail of fuel they dumped (Use the example from the movie Die Hard 2, the scene 747 explode in the air) Another one, when the time Caesar throw a big ars cannon ammo toward the heli and Barney shoot it, that thingies exploded on the top of heli but the heli go boom! from the bottom. Weird isn't it? There are more but I'm too lazy to tell here and sorry if I got wrong about the details. Hehehe...

Gawsh! When did I became a critics and analyzer? Hmmm... Thinking
Sat Aug 28, 2010, 04:49 PM
(Fri Aug 27, 2010 05:32 PM)judgement_86 Wrote:  
(Fri Aug 27, 2010 04:31 PM)Katsuke Wrote:  Oh the explosions were definitely real, Its just that the smoke, dust, debris and the part where the villa was crumbling..yes those are definitely CGI. =P

About the explosion, it was real... but the way it explode that make me wanna say 'whatta fish with the explosion!?' For example, when the time after the good guy do the strafing fire on the jetty, Barney dump the fuel on the bad guy and Christmas fire the flare and kaboom! But why the fuel weren't burned up like usual, usually the plane fuel are easily can catch fire and if in real life, the plane also gonna blown up together as the fire follow trail of fuel they dumped (Use the example from the movie Die Hard 2, the scene 747 explode in the air) Another one, when the time Caesar throw a big ars cannon ammo toward the heli and Barney shoot it, that thingies exploded on the top of heli but the heli go boom! from the bottom. Weird isn't it? There are more but I'm too lazy to tell here and sorry if I got wrong about the details. Hehehe...

Gawsh! When did I became a critics and analyzer? Hmmm... Thinking

Ooh yes..that..yes that's a little fake. XP
There were some explosions that weren't supposed actually...explode. BUT hey! This is Action flick entertainment! As long as they make us around 30% more Deaf after the film, its a big success. Smile