Poll: When you consider a person as a "furry", in what sense do you mean?
The genre
The fandom/industry
The lifestyle
The obsession
It's more complicated than that. (Feel free to elaborate.)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry"
Tue Apr 27, 2010, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 PM by nightPhaser.)
"Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry"
>> Of course, the issue's been floating around for a while, where people who are indeed making a living off and getting involved with the furry community dissociate themselves from the notion of being a "furry"... type... person.

Feel free to add, I'm sure there's plenty of opinion about this.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tue Apr 27, 2010, 01:20 PM
RE: "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry"
to me, you're a furry if you:

1)like fursuits (almost surely you're one)
2)like/draw animal art
3)join the community, even if you deny it.
4)believe you are part animal (though this is closer to being therian)

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Find all posts by this user
Sat Oct 09, 2010, 09:41 PM
Aaaah <3 furries are those who like anthrostuff and carry out furry lifestyle activities ..
For example
Cleaning your fursuit and going to cons <3 (which in this case i have yet to do it )

Yes , i would like a cheese burger and fries please Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT53fmznZxKL_DcCffazFw...ON6RFsUzY=]
To be a fur , its to know fun and excitement Tongue
Tue Nov 09, 2010, 08:01 AM
Weeeeeell to really put things in a non-immature way, without ever having to resort to bias and emanating a huge bigotry sign that says 'DURHUR FUR BAD, FIRE GOOD', and getting my butt whooped by everyone who comes across this,

liking subjects of furry origin, or being a fur(and not necessarily more spiritually-identical to animals, 'cos this statement is fairly general. Native Americans would be counted as fur that way, but we can't tell for sure), getting involved in the fandom, is more or less something like a preference in essence.

It's like I can choose to cosplay without ever having anything to do with anime, just 'cos I like the costumes and not the moving pictures. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm a weaboo, or an otaku now, does it? It's a title we could deny or accept depending on what we choose*.

Emphasis on choose* there denotes choice of identity.

It doesn't stay just there, the choice of identity includes sexual preferences and mainstream trends as well. Emo, goth, punk, rock, homosexuality, bisexuality, staying straight, lifestyle trends,

it's all in the choice. Just because somebody calls you a furry, doesn't necessarily mean you're a furry. You might* be, but who could tell? It's your choice to decide.

As for me, I'm not ENTIRELY fur, but I'm not ENTIRELY sure. It would be childish of me if I let people decide for me, so I'll say this:

I'm open to opinion. Would you say I'm a fur since I have a fursona, some furry artwork, likes animals, participate in the fandom, and suchly?

Yay for reasoning, but I may be flawed in that faculty. 8D

A man steps off a cliff to test his faith.

A man steps back from the cliff to test his rationality.

A man sits down and wonders to test his reasoning.

I am the man busy someplace else doing something much more useful yet.
Like art!

Kyzarius' FurAffinity! (much more active)
Kyzarius' DeviantArt! (very inactive)
Tue Nov 09, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well put, Kyze. I feel the same way too.
Tue Nov 09, 2010, 10:06 PM
Tongue Furrys hehe
Well furry is just a word and anyone is free to use or associated it with their own reasoning. Big smile

Just a shy wolf.
Wed Nov 10, 2010, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: Wed Nov 10, 2010 01:10 AM by Katsuke.)
I consider myself "Furry" to a certain extend. Smile
I'm an artist..and I love sometimes to get in touch with who I'd wanna be inside..as a fur! I'm sure every single fur (be it artist or not) out there has a sense of fantasy living in the back of their minds.
I for one, has always had a thing for the uncommon. I enjoy drawing furs as a way of escapism. I don't care what people think about me - they may call me weird but heck...I'm proud of it. =P

But, like I said..to a certain "extend" - I'm still down to earth on certain topics..its a sad thing but...such is the world we live in~
Sometimes I see artists on FA who are like.. "I'm not a furry, I just draw them." - I don't get them.. Haha.. Perhaps they're just afraid of people thinking they're weird or getting those Anti-furry remarks thrown at em.

Whatever it is..being a fur has taught me a lot...aaaand I've met tons of friends..and even a second or third family! Smile (Kinda like AA, hehe~)

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Fri Jul 29, 2011, 02:10 PM
Considering the size of my reply, I felt that it would be more appropriate to put it in its own thread ... and appropriate title Tongue

http://www.anthroasia.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=1862
Wed May 09, 2012, 03:35 PM
I consider myself a furry...

Is it weird that I want to undergo cosmetic surgery to fully become my fursona. . .? The whole 8,000 yards and all... Scapular modification/dermal-and-muscle-skin-cloning-and-grafting (Wings), skull shape modification, ear re-positioning/lengthening/military-grade hearing implants, bone "stretching"/grafting (to change my bipedal legs into digitigrade-style legs), muzzle implantation, keratin relocation/moulding (ever-present, grow-able claws), and dermal recoloring (purple)...
Fri May 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
No its not weird...

Furries wanting to be genetically modified to become a furry is almost like a brony trying to find the way to build a portal and find which universe is the universe that is filled with multicolored ponies...

It's not weird at all...

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,443 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Plastic Furry Surgery? Canis Enigmas 17 17,083 Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 AM
Last Post: kyle_foxson
  Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means? Katsuke 52 21,758 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 PM
Last Post: Melfur Silverblade
  how many of you have people knowing you're a furry? veemaster 78 29,479 Thu Oct 25, 2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: 
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 13,772 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 12,174 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 6,291 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 13,028 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,824 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 11,257 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123