Thread Rating:
  • 264 Votes - 2.86 Average
CANCELLED: cosplay/fursuit volunteer event - 17 July 2010
Wed Apr 14, 2010, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: Wed May 05, 2010 09:27 AM by DarkLurker.)
CANCELLED: cosplay/fursuit volunteer event - 17 July 2010
Hi All,

I think I have better post this information up here for broader dissemination.

During the walkout last week, we're approached by a member of the Pathlight school in Singapore. They've highlighted they're looking for volunteers to perform in one of their upcoming events and would want Dark to turn up in costume to lighten up their event.

After some discussion, they seem willing to have more characters appear for up their event. I'll like to extend the invitation out to those who are willing to be performers/spotters or attendees for the event. From what I can tell, the event starts from 4 PM to midnight, but they're arranging for folks to come in phases, so I doubt we have to be there all the way unless you want to. Smile

Please post in the forum thread if you're interested! I see how I can liaise with the ARC team to keep things moving.

EDIT: Important:
Our participation in the following event has been canceled due to logistical reasons on their end. They need to stick very strictly with the Hollywood Theme.

However, they will still looking to see if they can slot us into future events down the line.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  poster_interim.pdf (Size: 428.9 KB / Downloads: 218)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Apr 14, 2010, 10:02 PM
RE: Shout out for cosplay/fursuit volunteer event - 17 July 2010
Daaaaaammmnn!! You Singaporean-furs have hit it big!

Could anyone there print out AnthroAsia T-shirts/sashes/banners/flags for you guys to wear/wave/carry to promote our society during this event ? Winking
Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
you know i'm going!

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Find all posts by this user
Tue Apr 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
(Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Could anyone there print out AnthroAsia T-shirts/sashes/banners/flags for you guys to wear/wave/carry to promote our society during this event ? Winking

Actually, I've been thinking about a section of AA dedicated to our furry fursuiters. We could hand out simple little name cards with "AnthroAsia" printed on the front and a web site address on the back (like "http://www.anthroasia.com/fursuit"). Each name card would be customised with a specific fursuit. So, for instance, our local dragon would have a mugshot printed on the front with a completely black name card, our fox would get his own mugshot and a name card coloured in orange, etc. This will help passer-bys identify with the fursuits that they have identified during their (mis)adventures out into the public.

The web site would link to pages with each fursuiter featured in their own distinct sections, just like their own individual name cards. And because suiting is so rare around these parts, we could also include a section on the various aspects of why suiters suit up. Also, if people would like us to get involved in their events, various liaison methods will also be included.

Also, this section of AA can serve as a picture/video guide for the public. Let's say they want a photo/video (taken by us, of course) during a specific event, we could direct them to the web link and they can find high resolution shots of them together with their suit of choice.

It's just an idea floating in my head, but one that just might work.

So what do you think about it?

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed Apr 21, 2010, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 AM by Canis Enigmas.)
I like that idea, Hollud. A sorta freely accessible online character database for anyone to browse through. Lets the owners to introduce their characters and their stories behind them better.

However considering the size of the fursuit itself, I think a name card would be too small for most to notice. Hence my suggestion for a shirt or sash for them to wear, something that is large enough for people to notice at a distance. At the very least, along with the URL to the profile or name of the character, it should contain AA's logo and name/typeface for the general public to easily recognize and associate with us Winking
Wed Apr 21, 2010, 07:12 PM
(Tue Apr 20, 2010 07:42 PM)Hollud Wrote:  Actually, I've been thinking about a section of AA dedicated to our furry fursuiters. We could hand out simple little name cards with "AnthroAsia" printed on the front and a web site address on the back (like "http://www.anthroasia.com/fursuit"). Each name card would be customised with a specific fursuit. So, for instance, our local dragon would have a mugshot printed on the front with a completely black name card, our fox would get his own mugshot and a name card coloured in orange, etc. This will help passer-bys identify with the fursuits that they have identified during their (mis)adventures out into the public.

The web site would link to pages with each fursuiter featured in their own distinct sections, just like their own individual name cards. And because suiting is so rare around these parts, we could also include a section on the various aspects of why suiters suit up. Also, if people would like us to get involved in their events, various liaison methods will also be included.

Also, this section of AA can serve as a picture/video guide for the public. Let's say they want a photo/video (taken by us, of course) during a specific event, we could direct them to the web link and they can find high resolution shots of them together with their suit of choice.

It's just an idea floating in my head, but one that just might work.

So what do you think about it?

In short, I love that idea! Well now we need some volunteers as main coordinators. 2-3 furs sound about right, though theoratically everyone can join in and contribute. Hollud, are you in?

If we were to start a new section within AA, anybody can suggest any Content Management Systems that we can use? The coordinators will be in charge of updating the site as well as moderating this fursuit subforum.

As for URL name, how does something like http://suitup.anthroasia.com/DarkLurker sound? (It's just a idea, nothings on that page yet)

-- Delta-HT
[AnthroAsia.com administrator]
Thu Apr 22, 2010, 02:59 PM
We could also reuse badge name tags for some of the suits as well! Just that regular name cards in a plastic pouch and a lanyard to make tagging the fursuits more easily.

As for fursuits, I do advise we refer to them as mascot characters or costumed characters rather than fursuits directly. It will be a term that the general public will recognize better.
Thu Apr 22, 2010, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Apr 22, 2010 08:25 PM by Hollud.)
(Thu Apr 22, 2010 02:59 PM)DarkLurker Wrote:  We could also reuse badge name tags for some of the suits as well! Just that regular name cards in a plastic pouch and a lanyard to make tagging the fursuits more easily.

Like how those other furry conventions do it with their name tags, yeah?

(Thu Apr 22, 2010 02:59 PM)DarkLurker Wrote:  As for fursuits, I do advise we refer to them as mascot characters or costumed characters rather than fursuits directly. It will be a term that the general public will recognize better.
(Wed Apr 21, 2010 07:12 PM)Delta-HT Wrote:  As for URL name, how does something like http://suitup.anthroasia.com/DarkLurker sound? (It's just a idea, nothings on that page yet)

I'm actually quite fond of the "Suit Up" concept that our Tech Cat has suggested (ALL HEIL TECH CAT).

What do you think, DL?
(Wed Apr 21, 2010 07:12 PM)Delta-HT Wrote:  In short, I love that idea! Well now we need some volunteers as main coordinators. 2-3 furs sound about right, though theoratically everyone can join in and contribute. Hollud, are you in?

Are you serious?

Of course, I am!

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Thu Apr 22, 2010, 09:56 PM
(Thu Apr 22, 2010 08:14 PM)Hollud Wrote:  
(Thu Apr 22, 2010 02:59 PM)DarkLurker Wrote:  We could also reuse badge name tags for some of the suits as well! Just that regular name cards in a plastic pouch and a lanyard to make tagging the fursuits more easily.
Like how those other furry conventions do it with their name tags, yeah?
I still think that we need to have something larger to help with promoting our society. Name tags are far too small to the normal public to notice. Furthermore furs are the only ones who would actually go looking for the name tags for the character names and their artworks, not the soon-to-become-furs-public ( ... somehow that sounded like Dr. Evil ... Oh well ... *Dr. Evil's maniac laugh*)
Fri Apr 23, 2010, 10:16 AM
(Thu Apr 22, 2010 08:14 PM)Hollud Wrote:  I'm actually quite fond of the "Suit Up" concept that our Tech Cat has suggested (ALL HEIL TECH CAT).
What do you think, DL?

Yes, I agree, it sounds snazzy enough for the fursuit community, and I think the general public will get it.

Canis Engima Wrote:still think that we need to have something larger to help with promoting our society. Name tags are far too small to the normal public to notice. Furthermore furs are the only ones who would actually go looking for the name tags for the character names and their artworks, not the soon-to-become-furs-public ( ... somehow that sounded like Dr. Evil ... Oh well ... *Dr. Evil's maniac laugh*)

If we have enough furs, I think we can hold up a long white cloth banner with AnthroAsia printed on it, especially during a group photo shoot plus some flyers with details and contact information. Tongue

It won't be "in your face" type of promotion, but if folks are interested, they know where to look!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  absolute obligatory thread. List of fursuits and cosplay costumes veemaster 5 6,653 Sun May 13, 2012 12:10 PM
Last Post: wonghusky
  official MLP fursuit(performance suit?) from...Hasbro Drgnalexia 5 4,390 Sat Nov 26, 2011 09:54 PM
Last Post: veemaster
  fursuit materials/techniques veemaster 11 8,740 Wed Jun 08, 2011 03:40 PM
  Bukit Jalil park furry invashun - 16/10/2010 ctwolf88 31 17,781 Tue Jun 07, 2011 04:06 PM
Question Cosplay in Amanohashidate cosplaykyoto 5 3,411 Wed May 11, 2011 08:28 PM
Last Post: cosplaykyoto
  Licence 2 play: Cosplay Arena sam12291991 1 2,273 Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 AM
Last Post: sam12291991
  Cosplay Event Updates Wulfe 13 10,131 Mon Mar 14, 2011 04:00 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  Singapore YOG 2010 - Lyo and Merly Hollud 5 4,619 Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 AM
Last Post: veemaster
  3 July 2010 SG Fur Outing + Fursuiting Arkmedus Woff 3 2,804 Fri Jul 16, 2010 08:55 PM
Last Post: DarkLurker
  Feline fursuit heads. Fawkes 2 3,245 Tue Apr 13, 2010 09:16 PM
Last Post: DarkLurker