Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So what are you playing~
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 03:03 PM
RE: So what are you playing~
I need some recommendations on some RPG to play in the PC, though i have some limitations spec wise(I cant measure it but it can play sims 3 with a bit of lag)

[Image: 328940b11fa3e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 06:12 PM
@lightning64: Get Mass Effect and Fallout 3! Highly recommended!

...perhaps even Grand Theft Auto 4?
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 07:25 PM
(Mon Jul 27, 2009 03:03 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  I need some recommendations on some RPG to play in the PC, though i have some limitations spec wise(I cant measure it but it can play sims 3 with a bit of lag)

Well, even that unit of measurement is a bit hard to gauge. The Sims series has always required quite a fair amount of crunching power to render smoothly, even though the minimum system specifications EA lists on its site is a tad anaemic.

Is your computer store-bought or DIY? Also, is it Windows XP or Windows Vista? I can guide you through on how to gather your system specifications, but I need something to work with first.

(Mon Jul 27, 2009 06:12 PM)fluffytora Wrote:  @lightning64: Get Mass Effect and Fallout 3! Highly recommended!

A word of caution: Mass Effect does come with a M18 rating (here in Singapore). I'm not sure about GTA, but I would err on the side of caution and say, "Yes", given its reputation for notable influences.

Even so, the games that you've listed here are quite hardware intensive. And while ME will play on my aging Pentium IV and a GeForce 6600 graphics card (which is just below what the minimum specifications require), the lag is enough to turn you off. A modern, properly maintained system will probably do better justice to these titles.

The Horse of Technology has spoken.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 09:26 PM
(Mon Jul 27, 2009 03:03 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  I need some recommendations on some RPG to play in the PC,
The acronym "RPG" is always complemented by the words "Bethesda" and "Softworks". Any game from these guys are the epitome of role playing. Fallout 3, Oblivion ... and even the old Morrowind (which is smooth on anything Pentium 4 and above) is still a great game by today's standards.
Tue Jul 28, 2009, 06:12 AM
(Mon Jul 27, 2009 06:12 PM)fluffytora Wrote:  @lightning64: Get Mass Effect and Fallout 3! Highly recommended!

I got bored of playing GTA for 30 minutes x.x

Im a sucker for fantasy games rather than Scifi RPGs ._.

@hollud

Shop bought Asus A8(yea its a laptop x.x ) upgraded to 1.5GB(College reason) 3 years old ._.

Tue Jul 28, 2009, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 PM by Hollud.)
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 06:12 AM)lightning64 Wrote:  Shop bought Asus A8(yea its a laptop x.x ) upgraded to 1.5GB(College reason) 3 years old ._.

Hmm... Do you have the sub-model, like the A8Sr or A8Jr or A8Fm? You should be able to check by looking on the underneath of your laptop and looking at the model number pasted on the bottom.

What OS are you running? For a 3 year old laptop, I would put my finger on XP.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Tue Jul 28, 2009, 01:52 PM
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 PM)Hollud Wrote:  
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 06:12 AM)lightning64 Wrote:  Shop bought Asus A8(yea its a laptop x.x ) upgraded to 1.5GB(College reason) 3 years old ._.

Hmm... Do you have the sub-model, like the A8Sr or A8Jr or A8Fm? You should be able to check by looking on the underneath of your laptop and looking at the model number pasted on the bottom.

What OS are you running? For a 3 year old laptop, I would put my finger on XP.

A8h, the past 2 years i used XP but i moved to Vista

Tue Jul 28, 2009, 05:46 PM
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 01:52 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  ... but i moved to Vista
BIIIIG mistake Frown
Tue Jul 28, 2009, 05:50 PM
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 05:46 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  
(Tue Jul 28, 2009 01:52 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  ... but i moved to Vista
BIIIIG mistake Frown

I cant help it and downgrading is gonna waste my time again *is waiting for win 7 either way* x.x

Tue Jul 28, 2009, 11:13 PM
Ugh... Can't really find the specifications of the A8H on the web site.

Can you provide a screen-shot of the Vista performance index? The one with all your hardware inside?

Hollud. Simply, horse.