Thread Rating:
  • 236 Votes - 3.05 Average
F.U.R.L.E.S.S.
Sat Apr 11, 2009, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Apr 22, 2009 05:47 PM by DJAtomika.)
F.U.R.L.E.S.S.
Originally not my idea, this came from a text-RP forum I go to. This RP is now long dead, but I thought I'd try to revive it in a solely anthro forum. And I just want to see how literate you all are.

The world as always had two dominant species; the proud humans and their animal-based cousins, the furries! Since the dawn of time, the two races have lived in peace and harmony with each other, and shared all aspects of their lifestyle together. Especially their magic, which put them above all living things! The humans and furries worked together, helping each other in times of trouble and moving society further down through the years.

But one day, perhaps during the mid 1940s, something terrible happened; the humans found that they were no longer able to tap into the power of magic! The generation of that time had evolved away from the forces of magic, gradually losing their magical abilities and leaving them powerless, but the furries retained their magic as their race was more connected to magical properties than humans. At this, the humans grew angry, blaming them for their loss of magic, thinking they were responsible. They were shunned from society, driven out and forced to live in a separate society from them. There were a few humans who’d also retained their magic, but they were driven off as well, convinced they were in alliance with the furries who allegedly took the humans’ power so that they could have it to themselves.

It was like this for centuries, the humans and furries constantly feuding until the humans finally gained the dominance. Today, humans have the furries of society under their thumb, with the international organization F.U.R.L.E.S.S. (Fighting Under the Righteous Leadership of Earth’s Superior Species) that’s dedicated to keeping furries in their place, as well as the fur pounds, the tyrannical furry prisons used to make an example of any furries who dare to resist with their cruel and heartless torture. But there is still hope; the organization F.U.R. (Furry Underground Resistance) is growing, hiding in secret societies consisting of networks of modernized tunnels far underneath the earth’s surface, gathering power to eventually rise up and reclaim their status in society from the oppressive humans. There are still humans with magical abilities, but they now keep their power under wraps, choosing not to involve themselves in the foolish war the humans have started...

But they may not have a choice anymore, so will they support their human brethren, or help the furries take back their rights?

Character form below.

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Powers: (Abilities gained from their special individual style of magic!)
Special Abilities: (Non-magic natural talents)
Weapons: (Furries use medieval weapons, while humans use firearms as a crutch for not being able to use magic. Of course, furs still can use guns that are looted from humans)
Alliance: (Magic or regular humans can also join F.U.R. and vice-versa, depending on their background, personality, affiliations or beliefs)
Magical Status: (For humans; All furries have magical abilities. If you're a furry, take this bit out)

My character :

Name: Maximilian "Max" Wright
Species: Grey Wolf
Appearance:

Upper Body
Head
Pointed ears, with two rings in the right ear.
Brown hair, gelled into spikes that point backwards.
Bright, brown eyes.
Scar across forehead from top left corner of face diagonally down to below right ear.
Torso
White tanktop.
Grey leather cut-off gloves.
Gold bracelet on his right wrist.
Ring on his right ring finger.
Strap on which hangs a big sheath for a big sword.

Lower Body
Legs and feet
Urban camouflage jeans.
Combat boots.
Grey belt with one sheath for a small sword.

Personality: Max is an easy-going guy- whoops, I'm sorry, Furry. He gets along easily with others of his kind, and is usually the one who cracks the most jokes at the party, therefore gaining (sometimes) the most attention.
Background: Max came from an average furry family, when the furries and humans were still at peace with each other. When he reached adulthood, that was when things between the furries and humans began to sour. He applied to fight the war for the furries, and soon he soared in the ranks. Now he's in the F.U.R Elite Ops, working behind enemy lines to cripple F.U.R.L.E.S.S.
Powers: Max is able to manipulate the minds of his opponents, as well as control time and space.
Special Abilities: Max is very agile and observant, being able to spot certain objects and items that others can't. He is also a quick thinker, being able to think of plans of action in the heat of battle.
Weapons: A small katana that he designed himself, plus one of those giant swords, like Cloud Strife's. He also has a 4.85mm Individual Weapon (UK-made assault rifle. Bullpup design, fires 5.56mm SS109 rounds), looted from a human soldier.
Alliance: F.U.R.

[Image: 76561198002568946.png]

For I am the Darkness...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Apr 12, 2009, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 PM by nightPhaser.)
RE: F.U.R.L.E.S.S.
Name: Sanugi Jenners a.k.a. Paradox

Species: Anthropomorphic Koala/Wallaby

Appearance: Short and thin, androgynous, has a light-grey coat of fur. Koala nose, long erect ears. Black sweater and jeans. Smokes hand-rolled cigarettes, possibly containing psychoactive compounds.

Personality: Speaks little, and cuts everything to the point. Comes off as aloof, complex and possibly amoral. Has no respect for idealistic people. Thinks the whole FURLESS-enforced oppression is a sick joke from a Universe with a bad sense of humour, so he laughs along and submits his services where the effect is most ironic.

Background: Australian-Indonesian person raised in Bandung, before it was destroyed in a thermonuclear crossfire. Possibly condemned both of his/her parents and a sibling to die in an a fire at their home, due to his/her burgeoning powers. Gender unknown due to ambiguous biology. Not so much "recruited" as "allowed to be told to do things" by FUR after an attack on a pound in southern Borneo where he/she walked out unscathed.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (leaning on Dark)

Powers: Minor precognition. Catastrophic probability adjuster (i.e. makes things fail). Has access to the Dreamtime psychic network.

Special Abilities: Lie detection. Torture techniques. Marksmanship.

Weaknesses: Psi jamming, Heisenberg stabilizers, Linear time reboots (a la Save Scumming)

Weapons: Crossbow, small firearms, dagger/stiletto. (Why the heck would they still use medieval weapons? =/ )

Alliance: FUR (sort of)

"To be frank, I'd rather chew dried eucalyptus than work for you. So I would say that I'm not interested."

"No? Then why did you attend this meeting?"

"Because there is a FURLESS backup server two floors above us, and I needed to be close enough to make sure that an otherwise-minor bug in the operating system will crash and destroy an archive of terrorist data from the past three years. Every little bit helps, they say."

He stood up and adjusted his arm-sleeves, since the cuffs around his wrists seemed to have fallen off from a failed locking mechanism.

"Thank you for the talk. It was less dreadful than I expected." said Paradox, before walking out of the office.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Mon Apr 13, 2009, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 AM by veemaster.)
Name: "Infinite Vitality" Vee

Species: fox

Appearance: generic orange fox with blue hair. civilan clothes.

Personality: cheerful, perhaps a bit too much. easily distracted

Background: your generic fox with a generic fox family. he is a fox with the urge to end the war between human and the furries, regardless of whichever side he has to fight on. parents do not agree about fighting at such a young age (or fighting at all). wishes to never have to take the life of an innocent be it furry or human

Powers: spirit burst (focuses own energy and shape it into any desired shape, or just to blast at enemies)

Special Abilities: speed bursts (strength from rear legs allows leaping from wall to wall when necessary, but only in short bursts), heightened senses, human disguises.

Weapons: twin daggers which can form into a bow that shoots arrows formed by spirit energy. other forms of energy weapons are possible, but this is the most common

Alliance: neutral. fights for peace. often sides with F.U.R because of similar views but will not hesitate to switch sides should be necessary.

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Find all posts by this user
Mon Apr 13, 2009, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:31 PM by Hollud.)
Name
First name, Hollud. Last name, Ga'aranathea.

Species
Thoroughbred, Equine

Appearance
Tall, dark, mysterious. With a coat as black and night, he shifts with an uneasy grace and an unnatural silence despite his considerable size. He is discrete, yet outstanding when he is noticed. Casually, his choice of clothing is a single piece of a long white cloth that drapes down to the ground from front to back, offering modesty, privacy and dexterity at his most comfortable. The most social of occasions calls for a synthetic open-vested leather jacket and a pair of equally synthetic leather pants being his preference for a balance of civility and comfort.

Personality
He is friendly, yet firm. Loyal to a fault, he serves with an unwavering, yet innocent, dedication. Hardworking, but has a hard time letting go and knowing when to stop. Led by a lethal mix of logic and emotions.

Background
As far as records go, there is no known background. Discovered wandering as a mature colt in the deepest woods of what was once the Black Forest, the horse slipped ambiguously into the underground society, spending his time in various corners of the underground labyrinths. The only known reports of when he was seen were during conflicts and battles, whisking away the injured and lending enough help to fend off intruders before disappearing into the shadows.

Powers
Foresight: The ability to foresee the potential outcome of a series of actions, allowing intervention before consequences.
Manipulation: The ability to manipulate others' magic for his own use without draining the manipulated.

Special Abilities
The agility not associated with one his size, the strength of the brute that is his size, the unnatural speed at which his injuries fade and the hint of silver when he bleeds.

Weapons
He carries no weapons readily on him, using whatever chance and opportunity grants him.

Alliance
He is not a familiar muzzle in the ranks, nor is he a contract vigilante. He appears only when trouble is inevitable, or when his name is whispered upon the wind. It appears he is with FUR, judging by the number of eyewitnesses who have survived battle, but rumour has it that he helps the fallen FURLESS, carrying their bodies in a cocoon of magic amidst the heat of battle.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Mon Apr 20, 2009, 07:47 PM
Name:
Kogenta "Bun Buns" Caprie

14(furry age, yet turning 17 in human years)

Species:
Snow Rabbit
(see my photo for reference)

Appearance:
Standing only 4'11" he sticks out like a sore thumb in a crowd as the sunlight reflects on his white silky fur, he often wears a Sode uppergarment along with tight fitting pants, always bare-pawed when he walked to get that extra feel of quickness, his keen blue eyes act like calm blue pools of water. His long Ears always dropped down behind his head, whenever something is wrong, his ears shoot up almost instantly at the sense of danger/

Personality:
Shy, Curious yet friendly by nature.

Background:
Hyperactive, funny, and has a great sense of humor. Your own personal funny bunny. A bit shy around his first encounters with others but the longer he's with them, he feels comfortable, always on the prowl to protect his friends, and studies a great deal of magic as he slowly perfected them, although childish at times, he can be a bit annoying whenever the time comes. Atleast he doesnt bite that much like his big brother who mysteriously vanished after a storm. With the humans and the furries in Feud, he managed to find an organization in which aims to rise from under the human's dominance.

Powers:
Spell Casting : he can cast several heavy damaging spells onto unfortunate victims
Escape : quick thinking and quickness of movements, he can quickly get away from his enemies and hide from them in unthinkable places.

Special Abilities:
The ability to absorb luck from other beings around him to store or use.
Ex. He absorbs luck from other people/furs unconciously making them unlucky for the day, he can either store them for future use to get a great streak of luck.

Weapons:
A sword on its blade engraved a language on his branch of the family knows of and an Ivory Staff which was given to him by a friend

Alliance: F.U.R.

(tell me if something's wrong here and i'll re-edit this.)

I luff to eat.........................LOL!LOL!
My FA page http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kogenta14/
be nice i just created it
Mon Apr 20, 2009, 11:25 PM
(Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:55 PM)DJAtomika Wrote:  But one day, perhaps during the mid 1940s, something terrible happened;

Max came from an average furry family, when the furries and humans were still at peace with each other. When he reached adulthood, that was when things between the furries and humans began to sour.

It was like this for centuries, the humans and furries constantly feuding until the humans finally gained the dominance. Today, humans have the furries of society under their thumb, with the international organization F.U.R.L.E.S.S. ...

>> Consistency problems. Do not want. =(

I really hope you can come up with a nice enough twist to the premise than militant "fursecution", so it can grow and find its own path. (Example: http://www.anthroasia.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=193 ).

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Wed Apr 22, 2009, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Apr 22, 2009 05:48 PM by DJAtomika.)
Wasn't my idea in the first place. I just got the poster's permission (another site) and stuck it here. :/

I'll try and clean it up somewhat. Go through the thing and clear up any problems that I find.

For I am the Darkness...
Tue Apr 28, 2009, 09:31 AM
we should get the game started?

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Wed Apr 29, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'll get to writing up a long, long, introductory post + first mission for our budding furries. You can give me ideas here, if you want.

Other than that, I'm waiting on nPS to give me feedback on my changes to the OP.

For I am the Darkness...
Thu Apr 30, 2009, 07:42 PM
hey atomika, here's an idea on the opening, don't start on a mission yet, we need a great opening on how the furless and fur were formed and how they grew in numbers, so its more dramatic. WinkingWinking

I luff to eat.........................LOL!LOL!
My FA page http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kogenta14/
be nice i just created it