Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A future of buff furries?
Sun Nov 23, 2008, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Nov 23, 2008 08:04 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
A future of buff furries?
Almost everyone should know of Whippets, a dog species. Slender dogs close relative to Greyhounds
[Image: 250px-WhippetWhiteSaddled_wb.jpg]
So what happens if there is a genetic anomaly that would cause this :
[Image: 2192-640.jpg]
I assume we'd be seeing all those muscle furs/muscle fans get all bouncy and happy when they hear this :
Quote:Wendy (the dog in the picture above) was recently part of a genetics study done in the U.S. on mutation in the myostatin gene in whippets, ...(which) with one single defective copy of the gene have increased muscle mass .... whippets with two mutated copies of the gene become "double-muscled," like Wendy. It has been seen before in one human, and also in mice, cattle and sheep, says the study.
It should be noted however that :
Quote:She's about twice the weight of an average whippet, but with the same height and small narrow head -- and the same size heart and lungs, which means she probably won't live as long as normal whippets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Nov 23, 2008, 08:34 PM
RE: A future of buff furries?
This....is pretty scary...XD
Find all posts by this user
Mon Nov 24, 2008, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: Mon Nov 24, 2008 01:33 AM by xvrox.)
RE: I personally think that not ALL muscle fans/fur would like this as what a certain group of people like is more of a anthromorphic design...

For me this like something out of this world, not appealing. (my opinion)

Also, someone did show me this picture like..2 years ago if I remember correctly

[Image: g00a.jpg?t=1200886746]
Tue Nov 25, 2008, 12:00 AM
And the irony of that dog being called Wendy?
It should be named after the Chinese Olympic gold medalist for weight lifting, "Chen Yanqing"...

By the way, it's sad to know she'll die, all because of human's interference in it's genes.

[Image: snowrq1.gif]

Yes, I'm a snark. Sue me.
Tue Nov 25, 2008, 06:55 AM
Quote:By the way, it's sad to know she'll die, all because of human's interference in it's genes.

Last time I read it, there was no human interference at all. She just (un)lucky enough to get the hulk gene combination.

The belgian blue cattles, on the other hand ...

I'm not good with people
Tue Nov 25, 2008, 10:47 AM
>> Buff whippet is buuuuuffffff.

(Tue Nov 25, 2008 06:55 AM)Pyurio Wrote:  
Quote:By the way, it's sad to know she'll die, all because of human's interference in it's genes.
Last time I read it, there was no human interference at all. She just (un)lucky enough to get the hulk gene combination.

>> Indeed, the general methodology is to compare the genetic information between already naturally-mutated individuals with the average ones, in order to learn more about which genes express in what sort of ways.

Nature, in the grand scale of things, is MUCH better at producing freakish creatures than scientists.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Tue Nov 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
that is just scary...
Mon Dec 15, 2008, 07:42 PM
(Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:47 AM)nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:  >> Buff whippet is buuuuuffffff.

(Tue Nov 25, 2008 06:55 AM)Pyurio Wrote:  

>> Indeed, the general methodology is to compare the genetic information between already naturally-mutated individuals with the average ones, in order to learn more about which genes express in what sort of ways.

Nature, in the grand scale of things, is MUCH better at producing freakish creatures than scientists.

Oy.. I should hate to think the dude up there is a scientist.

[Image: snowrq1.gif]

Yes, I'm a snark. Sue me.
Mon Dec 15, 2008, 09:35 PM
You can't be a scientist when you created everything and know everything Tongue
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
The picture sure looks good, but after reading the details...poor thing...

Lurking, and pretty much so.
Should you not understand my words, let me have the luxury of understanding yours.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  All furries from Peninsular Malaysia (West Malaysia) pls say hi and post here! Fennec 9 1,911 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:42 PM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
Tongue All Furries from the Philippines, please post here kerespup 50 10,465 Sun Oct 14, 2012 06:06 PM
Last Post: AurumOnca
  Any furries from Perak? Fennec 0 453 Sun Oct 14, 2012 01:28 PM
Last Post: Fennec
  East side malaysia furries The Dragons 1 1,044 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 AM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
  Furries in the outside o2mo 21 4,966 Mon Nov 22, 2010 05:31 PM
Last Post: Zi Firepaw
Question Any furries from Sabah? AlphaWulfKiba 4 1,509 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:47 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
Tongue Calling all Polytechnic Furries!! ThatFatDrolf 22 5,123 Tue Aug 11, 2009 05:34 PM
Last Post: ThatFatDrolf
  VS Knight LUMUNE & 40 FIRE - an old anime with furries MitoFox 4 3,035 Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:18 AM
Last Post: MitoFox
  MyFursona: A blog for Furries Wynther Knight 8 2,120 Tue Apr 29, 2008 08:01 PM
Last Post: Hollud
  therians/furries/anthro Vince_03 13 5,569 Thu Oct 11, 2007 05:31 PM
Last Post: gingertom84