Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dragon War (Plot Trouble)
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Nov 12, 2008 03:59 PM by Theshadows64.)
The Dragon War (Plot Trouble)
Right now i'm actually in the midst of creating a story but i really need some help....

I dont know how to start a war... Well just this one...

The Dragon War is a very important war in my series and is also the beginning of the calender in my series. It is a war the ravaged the World known only as Gaia. The War devastated Gaia to the point of which 75% of Gaia was destroyed. It ended after 20 years of battle in which all the dragons of Gaia made a pact to never fight.

Of course like every war it has it's beginnings.....
In which i dont know what to do...
These are some of the options i might consider... (though i do take other options)

1. The Dragon King after many years of ruling over the dragons, died without a know heir to the throne. The power struggle to regain position on the dragons causes the war...
  2. Rydia, one of the generals to The Dragon King, rebaled against him to take over the dragons
  3. Rivalry against countries under The Dragon King becomes more heated causing the war

Number 1 and 2 are almost the same but both affect the outcome of another story im writing...
All of the options have one thing in common...
The Dragon King dies without a known heir...
If you want to know more info on my series just PM or YM me.....
and no i have not published or put it on black and white yet cause no one seems to be interested. The story lies in my computer never to be seen by anyone not willing to read it....

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 10:36 PM
RE: The Dragon War (Plot Trouble)
4. The king after the death of the queen, grew insane and became a tyrant, the generals planned to take an action, but before the coup happens the king was assassinated. The assassin who turned out to be one the lesser prince committed suicide. This in turn leads to a backlash to the lesser prince's state led by the king's brother.

The generals who despised the king in turn helped the black sheep country to defend against the loyalist. The generals were marching to victory. However, during the siege of the capital all but one of the generals were betrayed and executed. The separatists, without leader were pushed back again.

The one remaining general seeks help to the rivalling kingdom to help the separatist side.

It is later found out that the lesser prince is framed by the king's brother who vied to take power over the throne, this stems from a revenge where the king steal his brothers lover.

Did you know that the leader of Bhutan bears the formal title of "Dragon King" (Druk Gyalpo). It is widely considered the coolest title ever hold by a monarch.

I'm not good with people
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 PM by nightPhaser.)
5. They discover a powerful and destiny-altering MACGUFFIN. Everybody argues over who gets to control/own/destroy it.

6. A few countries lost a previous war. They suffer greatly. A force of inspiration fires them up to get back into power. (Sounds familiar?)
Use of morale-boosting MACGUFFIN optional.
e.g. WWII, Hitler and Longinus' Lance (wait, that's not it...)

7. The Dragon King's heirs are all either insane, useless, ruthless or mere puppets. The Dragon King passes away.
e.g. Neil Gaiman's Stardust.

8. "The Almighty" (or representatives of it) tells them to fight.
e.g. In Digital Devil Saga, Angel tells the Junkyard residents to start killing each other if they want to survive and enter Nirvana.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wed Nov 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
I have nothing further to say....

[Image: 308235_270151396364326_100001084044548_7...1982_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user