Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solar Groove [Comments & Supplements]
Wed Nov 05, 2008, 09:05 AM
RE: Solar Groove [Comments & Supplements]
>> Alright, I've filtered everything out with my licensed Intellegencian algorithms. (Ahahah *snort*)

I'm deadly sorry for having it chronologically jumbled, since I figured out how to do it a wee bit too late, but we'll fix that when we compile it properly. Continue from post #29. Anyway, reserve commentary, discussion and supplementary material for this thread. Keep the story thread free of it.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Nov 05, 2008, 11:26 AM
Quote:[Geez, again that was quick! Pyurio, how much free time do you have?

Multitasking.

Quote:What's up with Zippy's dialogue? What accent is that? Australian?

Oh, I posted the wrong script, I'll change it promptly. Actually that's not a dialect in pahticulah, 'e just can't say initial h and final r.

Quote:Lemme guess: they'll find URTHS IN POHJA RUININ UR PLANZ.
Personally I prefer that meeting with Urth is pstponed until later in the story. Bear in mind that what they find is not in Pohja.

Quote:I'm inclined to believe that no sound was actually transmitted. The whole room was quiet and the Oracle spoke directly into any minds inside the special room.

That makes sense.

---

Info on PAs.

Quote:[Progenitor Artefact]
[From Vicipædia Intellegencia]

Progenitor Artefacts are objects of mysterious origin that often found in excavation area. At first Progenitor Artefacts are called Priori Artefacts. Now that we have enough amount of proof that link the artefacts to the Progenitor, it is now called Progenitor Artefacts.

[Care and Preservation]

Care and preservation of PAs are the responsibility of Department of Reliquary Research, an Intellegencia Department, they maybe seek aid to the Milicia or Ecclecia in retrieving Artefacts.

[PA classification]

PAs are classified on its behaviour into three categories. Ben, Ambi, and Mal.
Ben Artefacts have been successfully reverse engineered and proven to be useful for the advancement of the Empire. Ambi artefacts are artefacts that either do nothing, or its function still cannot be successfully reverse engineered, most PAs are Ambi. Mal artefacts are objects that pose significant threat and to be handled with utmost care.

[Excavation locations designation]

Excavation locations is to be numbered according the time of finding, further excavation location can be divided into subsections with the following letters:

Alp
Bet
Gaml
Dalt
He
Vau
Zen
H'et
T'et
Yad
Kap
Lamd
Mem
NahÅ›
Samek
?en
Pe
S'ad
K'oph
ReÅ›
Åšams
Tau

[List of Progenitor Artefact]
[CLASSIFIED DATA]

PA-23

Classification: Mal
Codename: Mors
Excavation location: Site 34, Subsection Gaml
Description: PA-23 comes in form of spore that alters the body of the individual that it infects.

PA-54

Classification: Ambi
Codename: [REDACTED]
Excavation location: Site 12
Description: [REDACTED]

PA-77

Classification: Ambi
Codename: Pulse
Excavation location: Site 77, Subsection NahÅ›
Description: PA-77 is a preserved biological membrane displaying the capability to repel gravity. Following accident on experiment PA-77-2, no further experiment on PA-77 is allowed.

"NahÅ›" ?Why does that sounds familiar?

I'm not good with people
Wed Nov 05, 2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.anthroasia.com/forums/showthr...9#pid11019

>> Why do we like punching monks? Because it's funny!

For some reason, Brigit reminds me of Laura Prepon aka Donna from That 70's Show. Also, Vorca sounds like a big scary Michael Clarke Duncan in my head.

Man, doing Zippy's accent was weird, but interesting. I leave it to either of you whether to keep it up or change him back to usual speak.

I just realised Pyurio had given us a scene of a fox examining several rabbits. XD

(Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 AM)Pyurio Wrote:  Personally I prefer that meeting with Urth is pstponed until later in the story. Bear in mind that what they find is not in Pohja.

>> Duly noted.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Wed Nov 05, 2008, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Nov 06, 2008 01:20 PM by Pyurio.)
In my head, Vorca had Jamaican accent. I bet he's going to munch on that arms later.

Quote:I just realised Pyurio had given us a scene of a fox examining several rabbits. XD

Large hunky rabbits.
So, the way I planned their history, Roland and Sando used to be in Milicia (that's what the flashback with paintballs imply). Glad that you go that way.

And then THE TRAGEDY happened. Roland ends up as a Scholar while Sando ends up as pir ... I mean, freelancer.

(I say, their world would have less stigma about Sapphic Ladies and Theban Men than ours.)

Quote:[Imperial Standard Time]
[From Vicipædia Intellegencia]

Imperial standard time is used to synchronizes the time between places in the vast Empire, it is based on the original time allegedly used by the Progenitor back on Teragen, the Progenitor original homeland.

The base unit of IST is the seconds. There are two system used from the base unit, the Sexagesimal (Civil) system and the Decimal (Intellegencia) system.

The sexagesimal system goes as follow:

1 Minute comprises 60 Seconds.
1 Hour comprises 60 Minutes.

1 Day comprises 24 Hours.
1 Month comprises 24 Days.
1 Year comprises 24 Months or 576 Days.

The decimal unit use the Standard Prefix and bellow the is the translation from decimal unit to sexagecimal:

1 Hectosec equals 1 minute, and 40 seconds

1 Kilosec equals 16 minutes, and 39 seconds
10 Kilosec equals 2 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds
100 Kilosec equals 1 day, 3 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds

1 Megasec equals 11 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds
10 Megasec equals 4 months, 19 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes, and 39 seconds
100 Megasec equals to 2 years, 5 days, 9 hours, 46 minutes, and 39 seconds

1 Gigasec equals to 20 years, 2 months, 6 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 39 seconds
10 Gigasec equals to 200 years, 22 months, 12 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds
100 Gigasec equals to 2009 years, 9 months, 7 days, 9 hours, 46 minutes, and 39 seconds

1 terasec equals to 20093 years, 21 months, 2 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds

[Epoch]

The Imperial Calendar started at the founding of the Empire. By the time this article writen, the current year is year 2197.

[Subdivision]

A month can be divided into four weeks of six day each, those are:

Protomer
Deuteromer
Tritomer
Tetromer
Pentomer
Hectomer.

[Name of the Month]

Like day name, the name of the months are basically the number of the month:

Primus Primus (P Primus)
P Secundus
P Tertilis
P Quartilis
P Quintilis
P Sextilis
P September
P October
P November
P December
P Undecember
P Duodecember

Secundus Primus (S Primus)
S Secundus
S Tertilis
S Quartilis
S Quintilis
S Sextilis
S September
S October
S November
S December
S Undecember
S Duodecember

2197 years here, is their 576 day years, it would translate into around 3500 of our years. Should the empire be older than that or younger? The Progenitors are already "missing" when the Empire is founded.

Also, the organization of Empire (not comprehensive, pitch in if you find new departments to add)

Quote:Milicia:

- Starforce (Like air force but IN SPACE)
- Groundforce (Drop shock troops)

- Vigilancia (Patrols and guards.)

- Corpus Auxiliaria
-- Valkyrie Corps (a.k.a Retrievers)
-- Vargr Corps (a.k.a Shockers)
-- Einherjar (Freelancer)

Intellegencia:

- Department of Transportation
- Department of Information
- Department of Education
- Department of Communication
- Department of Progress
- Department of Reliquary Research

Ecclecia:

- Ministry of Tribulation
- Ministry of Illumination
- Ministry of Restoration

- Ministry of Deliverance

- Regulatory Directive
- Mystic Hyperesia, the Mystics (Secret Service)

I'm not good with people
Thu Nov 06, 2008, 02:16 PM
>> Had a tough exam this morning. Argh.

(Wed Nov 05, 2008 04:43 PM)Pyurio Wrote:  Large hunky rabbits.

And then THE TRAGEDY happened. Roland ends up as a Scholar while Sando ends up as pir ... I mean, freelancer.

>> Hunky rabbits and a fox? http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1665820/

I have some plans on hand for THE TRAGEDY between Sando and Roland, and it involves some really awful stuff like conspiracy and executions. (Emilio Salgari's Sandokan had good reason to be enraged at colonial forces.)

>> I would be more explicit about it later on, but the civil war I mentioned involved the rise of mysterious Hekate, a witch who led a massive and bloody campaign against the Empire, from which emerged the multi-planet nation of Lagina, and convincing a large percentage of the Ecclecian magicals to defect to her side. Despite her great power, she was incapacitated by a maneuver credited to the fathers of Roland and Sandokhan. Subsequently, all magicals were placed under heavy restriction and surveillance.

>> With the introduction of Hugin and Munin, Geri and Freki shouldn't be far behind. (Expecting them to be Milicia beefcakes, heehee.) I also smell a future subplot involving Voton/Wotan. (An Ecclecian Archimago who didn't defect to Hekate, perhaps?)

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Thu Nov 06, 2008, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Nov 06, 2008 05:10 PM by Pyurio.)
Some nitpick, Roland, being in the Intellegencia would refer sampo as PA-54.

Quote:I have some plans on hand for THE TRAGEDY between Sando and Roland, and it involves some really awful stuff like conspiracy and executions.

Department of Reliquary Research are full of are shrouded in conspiracies and secrets like that, its basically MIB on steroids. It's for a good reason though, Mal PAs would be dangerous when it fall into the wrong hands (And Ambi PAs can possibly be threatening).

Quote:>> I would be more explicit about it later on, but the civil war I mentioned involved the rise of mysterious Hekate, a witch who led a massive and bloody campaign against the Empire, from which emerged the multi-planet nation of Lagina, and convincing a large percentage of the Ecclecian magicals to defect to her side. Despite her great power, she was incapacitated by a maneuver credited to the fathers of Roland and Sandokhan. Subsequently, all magicals were placed under heavy restriction and surveillance.

Is it to safe to asume that only female mages capable of offensive magic (Matter and Energy manipulation) while male mages capability confined to mind manipulation (like the oracle's foreknowledge or the raven brothers abiity to go unnoticed and detect lies)?

Quote:With the introduction of Hugin and Munin, Geri and Freki shouldn't be far behind. (Expecting them to be Milicia beefcakes, heehee.) I also smell a future subplot involving Voton/Wotan. (An Ecclecian Archimago who didn't defect to Hekate, perhaps?)

Yay wuffs. I used the transliteration of ð > th in the name of Norns, so Wotan would be something like "Othin".

Also, the way I see it here's the flavour for the names in the three branch of the empire:

Milicia - Norse
Intellegencia - Grecoroman
Ecclecia - Semitic

Of course it doesn't always hold true, Hugin and Munin is in Intellegencia for example, and the subsection designation for excavation use semitic alphabet.

I'm not good with people
Thu Nov 06, 2008, 11:31 PM
heh, no more [ and ]'s Smile

Geez, a new segment already?!? Total writers, you guys are! I mean, geez! Big smile
Hey, you can reserve your place in the segment right? But what if a new person wants to suddenly jump in? It's like, I can't write in an say "I got dibs!" cuz it might deter a newcomer from joining.

-heh on the reason for Zippy's name. So that's two background stories already.
-BTW, Vorca makes me think of Gantu from Lilo and Stitch but not that gruff or serious. He's outwardly nice then all of a sudden he smiles and he looks sinister like he's going to eat you.
-got an idea on where to to go next...
Find all posts by this user
Fri Nov 07, 2008, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:04 AM by Pyurio.)
Then the newcomer should negotiate with the on who got the current dibs. That's what I do with night.
I think Vorca is a pretty cool guy, he eats people and doesn't afraid of anything.

Quote:Got an idea on where to to go next...

Remember that their ship, at its current condition will not -in any way- survive Pohja. It needs some modification. (Originally what I had in mind is that Pohja is basically just a cold iceball, but Night made it into some kind of cosmic deathtrap)

Also, I think there should be a limit of what NahaÅ› can do, lest she became a Theos Ex Mechane.

Wait ... maybe .... she's literally a god(des) born from machinery!

I'm not good with people
Fri Nov 07, 2008, 12:03 PM
(Thu Nov 06, 2008 05:07 PM)Pyurio Wrote:  Some nitpick, Roland, being in the Intellegencia would refer sampo as PA-54.

Is it to safe to asume that only female mages capable of offensive magic (Matter and Energy manipulation) while male mages capability confined to mind manipulation (like the oracle's foreknowledge or the raven brothers abiity to go unnoticed and detect lies)?

Also, the way I see it here's the flavour for the names in the three branch of the empire:
Milicia - Norse
Intellegencia - Grecoroman
Ecclecia - Semitic

(Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:31 PM)Cindermane Wrote:  Geez, a new segment already?!? Total writers, you guys are! I mean, geez! Big smile

-heh on the reason for Zippy's name. So that's two background stories already.

(Fri Nov 07, 2008 07:56 AM)Pyurio Wrote:  Then the newcomer should negotiate with the on who got the current dibs. That's what I do with night.

(Originally what I had in mind is that Pohja is basically just a cold iceball, but Night made it into some kind of cosmic deathtrap)

Also, I think there should be a limit of what NahaÅ› can do, lest she became a Theos Ex Mechane.

Wait ... maybe .... she's literally a god(des) born from machinery!

>> Alright, altered Roland's dialogue slightly. They do have an understanding that he has PA-54.

I reckon it's not completely exclusive, it just tends to split that way between genders. Different biology? Social expectations? Perhaps if one is male/female, one's powers are female/male, a la Jungian Anima/Animus theory?

I'd like to use Mesoamerican names for figures during the civil war, perhaps those on Hekate's side. Possibly with future reference to Xibalba much later down the road.

>> I'll be slowing myself down a bit on this (unless someone throws another nice curveball, heh) while trying for NaNoWriMo with my Persona 4 based story.

How Zippy got his name seems kinda lame. Argh.

>> On the issue of newcomers: three is a sweet handful, but I've posted the thread to several places. If there's any interest, I'll be sure to talk to him/her about it.

Pohja's still a cold ball of ice (that happens to randomly move through space) but now only certain people can go there. There's probably something valuable obtainable there (Sampo aside) which happens to also cause nasty magnetic flux.

I think NahaÅ› does have limits, in terms of energy capacity, abilities and fatigue. Hekate's probably a lot more guilty of Deus Ex Machina.

From Pyurio's description of PA-77, perhaps NahaÅ› is a person cloned from the preserved tissue of "gods" (which at this point could be anything up to the storyteller).

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Fri Nov 07, 2008, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Nov 07, 2008 09:16 PM by Pyurio.)
I know that this will sound sexist, but I feel it that female mages offensive power are somehow compensate their physics.

Quote:I reckon it's not completely exclusive, it just tends to split that way between genders.

Maybe it's like sexuality.

Quote:I'd like to use Mesoamerican names for figures during the civil war, perhaps those on Hekate's side. Possibly with future reference to Xibalba much later down the road.

And I shall open my Nahuatl dictionary.

Quote:Pohja's still a cold ball of ice (that happens to randomly move through space) but now only certain people can go there. There's probably something valuable obtainable there (Sampo aside) which happens to also cause nasty magnetic flux.

The way I planned it, what is obtained in Pohja will then be used to find Sampo.

Quote:I think NahaÅ› does have limits, in terms of energy capacity, abilities and fatigue. Hekate's probably a lot more guilty of Deus Ex Machina.

Even if all that she can do is displace space continuum, it's a pretty damn strong (and scary) power.

Quote:From Pyurio's description of PA-77, perhaps NahaÅ› is a person cloned from the preserved tissue of "gods"

Basically what happen in Experiment 77-2 is that PA-77 are [REDACTED] to a [REDACTED] which herself are result of [REDACTED] in order to create [REDACTED]. The experiment results in incident 77-A that terminated 5 scholars and 10 agents. 77-2 eventually contained by Agent [REDACTED] and bound to his partner Freelancer
[REDACTED].

Quote:(which at this point could be anything up to the storyteller)

Most probabbly the Progenitors, they have virtually omnipotent powers before they went missing. Some people even worshiped them and view PAs are sacred object. Natuallu they disaprove the Intellegencia's treatment of PAs (conflict ensue).

Also, I drae emblemz.

[Image: empireemblemin6.png]

I'm not good with people

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Solar Groove: The Adventures of Sandokhan and His Motley Crew nightPhaser 29 18,092 Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 PM
Last Post: Pyurio