Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solar Groove [Comments & Supplements]
Wed Oct 29, 2008, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:01 AM by Pyurio.)
RE: Round Robin furry fiction [sample]
Also, my impression of the commanders, the long thingy is their mana crystal. Mana crystal is a magician weakest point, and mostly are hidden from sight. Showing off mana crystal is a sign of badassery.

[Image: nornszu1.png]

And here's the teamz:
[Image: theteamzxd4.png]

I <3 Him
[Image: landoju9.png]

I'm not good with people
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Oct 30, 2008, 09:00 PM
[Nice art! I especially like Sandokhan and his pose Big smile Draw him with his cloak Tongue

Hmm, how about we end the 'arc' when they leave Olympias?

Ok I'm next for sure...]
Find all posts by this user
Fri Oct 31, 2008, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: Fri Oct 31, 2008 01:52 AM by nightPhaser.)
(Fri Oct 31, 2008 01:30 AM)Cindermane Wrote:  I sorta explained Sandokhan’s sometime flamboyance.

Night, from your segment, I can’t tell if the man who sat down beside Brigit is Lord Tuathal or not.

>> And much LOL was had. LOL! I love how it ties to all that talk about stripping when he was getting arrested. (I have a nagging suspicion he's bi, too, but whatever.)

It's actually Sandokhan. Lord Tuathal's name refers to an ancient king of Ireland, and probably wouldn't be hanging around spaceports suggesting chicks help him steal a ship. As for the latter suggestion, that would be creepy, indeed.

>> I'm going to split this thread from the early proposal parts into its own. Any quick suggestions for a temporary title?

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Fri Oct 31, 2008, 09:04 PM
>> Alright, I'm calling in for the next part. I think I'll put in some fanservice. Heehee.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 09:01 AM
[I think I have the painting of the oracle somewhere in my computer, let me fetch it.]

[Actually, the word "Archistrategos" is a (made-up) Greek word (Supreme-General) and it is singular (much like other -os greek word like "Helios"), but I like how you interpret it as plural. So then, we will have a council of archgenerals, a council of archscholars, and a council of archmages, how much should each council be composed of? I suggest seven for each, lucky seven.]

[Also, what sort of military campaign d'you think the empire is doing? Quelling separatists? Locating weapon of mass-disintegration? A cold war with other empire? (Perhaps with a trully alien species?)]

[Also, I'm now totally diggin this story, I think I'll postpone my NaNo for this year]

[Also, I think chapter one would end at the time they are began to get chased by skuld. Hey, I made a compilation:

http://pyurio.googlepages.com/chap01 (So ... I edited a few bits here and there)]

I'm not good with people
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 02:18 PM
[You guys are pretty quick! Hmm, I'm not sure which path I want to follow (Sando's 'troubles' or the Zippy and Vorca contingent). I'm going to have to think for a bit...

LOL at the painting session! "Not until I get your thighs right." hehe Tongue That's an interesting way to 'inspire' Tongue

I'm not quite getting what's up with Verthandi. Multiply Personality Disorder?

On the temporary title, I labelled the Word file I write my segment in as 'Round Robin - Pirates!' but as far as I can recall, no one's called Sando or his crew pirates or anything... Splitting the thread is a good idea though.

On Nahas' quick jump through the ship's wall, um, er, the energy she absorbed from the Olympias sun was so pure and powerful that it gave her the strength to open a very thin portal thing without draining her?]
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 04:23 PM
(Sat Nov 01, 2008 09:01 AM)Pyurio Wrote:  [So then, we will have a council of archgenerals, a council of archscholars, and a council of archmages.]

[Also, what sort of military campaign d'you think the empire is doing?]

[Also, I'm now totally diggin this story, I think I'll postpone my NaNo for this year]

[Also, I think chapter one would end at the time they are began to get chased by skuld. Hey, I made a compilation.]

>> Seven's good and meaningful. Plenty of room for a sort of democracy/republic intrigue.

Most likely a campaign to quell periodic (and growing) rebellions by the enslaved magicals (witches, mages, etc). I had in mind a backstory involving a civil war which justified turning the magicals' "cooperation" into "enslavement", which will be made clear a few chapters down the road. There are some clues, such as all the violet-eyed magicals seem to be expected to be "bound" to work.

>> I'm amazed at how much writing I've done the past few weeks. Strangely enough, it raised my interest in trying out for NaNoWriMo. We'll see.

>> Hmm, I still can't see where we could do a break that feels natural, though I'm leaning towards cutting it before their adventure on Olympias. Ch1: Prometheus. Ch2: Olympian Hijinks. *snort*

I'd like to do some checks with syntax, too, so if you have a nicely collected copy I'd like to go through it as well.

(Sat Nov 01, 2008 02:18 PM)Cindermane Wrote:  [Hmm, I'm not sure which path I want to follow (Sando's 'troubles' or the Zippy and Vorca contingent).

I'm not quite getting what's up with Verthandi. Multiply Personality Disorder?

>> Either way's fine, allows the other one to develop the other part. =) You're doing pretty good keeping up with a couple of literary dudes.

I suspect all the three sisters are a bit mentally unbalanced, one way or another.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Nov 01, 2008, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Nov 02, 2008 09:25 AM by Pyurio.)
(Sat Nov 01, 2008 02:18 PM)Cindermane Wrote:  [On Nahas' quick jump through the ship's wall, um, er, the energy she absorbed from the Olympias sun was so pure and powerful that it gave her the strength to open a very thin portal thing without draining her?]

[Thing is, the sun of Olympias (let's call it Theophtalmo, god eye) is not visible in slipstream, if any the jump back to trispace would make the ship freezeing cold again. But this is minor issue, and can be resolved later.]

Quote:[Hmm, I'm not sure which path I want to follow (Sando's 'troubles' or the Zippy and Vorca contingent).]

[How about both? Hint: crashing plane]

Quote:[I'm not quite getting what's up with Verthandi. Multiply Personality Disorder?]

[The way I see it, Skuld had Bipolar disorder (mood swing). Verthandi had Dissociative Identity Disorder. Urth? Well ... we will find something sinister later behind her calm motherly figure.]

[Also:]

[Image: 001bv8.png]

[Guys, guys! Can I have this story as my next comic project? It's non-profit and I'll put a proper credit for y'all definitely.]

Quote:[You're doing pretty good keeping up with a couple of literary dudes.]

[Actually I'm the one trying to keep up with a couple of literally dude, It's been quite a time since I do any CS, and even those were never in English.]

I'm not good with people
Sun Nov 02, 2008, 08:59 PM
[split] Solar Groove: The Adventures of Sandokhan and His Motley Crew
argh! I had a quick comment post but I lost it so now I can't remember what I wrote. I'm suddenly a bit busy so it might take a day plus before I could get my segment done (I already have an idea). A flashback segment works, I'd say.

-what's NaNoWriMo?
-Night, what's you're temp title? Mine was Pirates! Pyurio's was Laksamana something.
Sun Nov 02, 2008, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: Mon Nov 03, 2008 02:15 PM by Pyurio.)
[Let's use something cheesy such as "The Fabulous Adventure of Captain Sandokhan the Pirate"]

"Pirate?" Sandokhan rised his eyebrows at that word. "I prefer to call myself, 'freelancing entrepreneur' "

Quote:[What's NaNoWriMo?]

[http://www.nanowrimo.org/]

[By the way, trying to make sense of the Necrotic infection, here's what I come up so far:]

Quote:[Necroticism]
[From Vicipaedia Intellegencia]

Necroticism is a condition in where a body gains autonomous control down to cellular level. The name comes from the popular misconception that the individual with this condition are already dead. This misconception stems from the fact that the one of the early symptoms of Necrotic infection, such as cessation of respiration and fall of body temperature resembles death.

[Cause and History]

Necroticism is caused by Necrotic stem, an undeterminate unicellular organism that presents in individual with necroticism.

Necrotic stem first discovered in Excavation Site 44 at Riksantar cluster. Intellegencias noticed an apparent death of they who are involved in Site 44 Excavation in the time frame of twenty five to seventy hour after exposure to Subsection Gimmel on Site 44. By the time quarantine enacted Necrotic outbreak already affected 4 system. It is thought that the Necrotic stem is an artificial being. One Archididascalo suggested that it is produced by, or have connection with the Progenitor.

[Transmission]

Necrotic stem spore can be transmitted airborne, as shown by the outbreak. After the containment, Necrotic stem now can only be transmited via transfers of body fluid with genetic material in it, such as semen and blood.

[Physiological Effect]

A more efficient metabolism results in lower body temperature. Manipulation of sensoric receptor results in virtually unlimited tollerance to pain. This kind of manipulation also allows them to consume substance with foul taste without retching. Necrotics can also regrow lost limb and internal organs, except central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). They are also immune to any kind of poison and disease.

Recently Necrotics can also found to be able to manipulate their genetic structure, and deceive biological scanners. It is postulated that they could change themselves into other species by using this capability, but this ability is yet to be confirmed.

[Psychological Effect]

Necrotic stem is observed to modify neural cells in addition to other cell in body. As a result Necrotic infection can cause mental deterioration. The most common symptom is the urge of predation, and in several case also accompanied withhallucination and mood imballance.

The effect of Necrotic stem on neural cell varieds between species and race. Herpetes and Psares, on 97% case of full onset of necroticism loss most rational thought and becomes completely hostile to other animals and thinking kinds. Interestingly, they seems to recognize fellow necrotic and in many case, cooperates with each other. Thelastic, or mammal, are less affected by the mental deterioration, on 48% case of full onset necroticism they function on par with non necrotic, on 33% case of full onset, they exhibit a mild psychotic disorder, on 19% case of full onset, most rational thought lost. Cetans exhibit the most tolerance to the mental deterioration effect, 74% of necrotic cetans performs on par with non-necrotic, and on the other 26% a mild psychotic disorders are observed.

I'm not good with people

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Solar Groove: The Adventures of Sandokhan and His Motley Crew nightPhaser 29 13,476 Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 PM
Last Post: Pyurio