Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plastic Furry Surgery?
Sun Sep 28, 2008, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Sep 28, 2008 08:27 PM by Canis Enigmas.)
Plastic Furry Surgery?
Other than the mainstream genetic engineering or genetic enhancement paths of research to anthropormorphic characters, there is also another option pointed out in this article.
Quote:Dr Joe Rosen is not a quack. He works at the acclaimed Dartmouth Medical Centre, and has been a scientific adviser to NASA. He is fond of making statements such as: "Human wings will be here. Mark my words." He believes that within five years he will be able to graft wings on to a human being's body.

This is possible because our brains adapt to create neural maps for new body parts. When we have a limb amputated, our neural map of that limb gradually fades away; and if we gain a body part, our neural map expands accordingly.

Surgical techniques already in existence can be used to stretch torso fat and rejig rib bones to create a wing. Although no human would be able to fly, they would resemble angels and have full sensation in their new, hanging, boned flaps of flesh.

Rosen has already designed blueprints. This is the new world of radical plastic surgery where he is Moses. He would not be content to settle merely for wings either. He has been working on cochlear implants to enhance human hearing (a procedure that the US military has shown interest in, raising as it does the prospect of superhuman soldiers), and even tails.

Creepy ... human flesh covered wings? Suddenly Hellboy 2's characters doesn't seem so fictional ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mon Sep 29, 2008, 04:54 AM
RE: Plastic Furry Surgery?
(Sun Sep 28, 2008 08:26 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  Other than the mainstream genetic engineering or genetic enhancement paths of research to anthropormorphic characters, there is also another option pointed out...

...Creepy ... human flesh covered wings? Suddenly Hellboy 2's characters doesn't seem so fictional ...

Well, this branch of the genetics tree is fairly young. Who knows? Give a few years while the labcoats figure this all out and we could all be happy campers.
Although in my opinion, a tail is more of a viable and easier target than a wing...since we all do have a tailbone with a good amount of nerve branches there.

[Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=4&...ype=symbol][Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=W&...ype=symbol][Image: Image.ashx?size=small&name=G&...ype=symbol]

+2: Put a white 2/4 fox spirit token into play.
-3: Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have vigilance until end of turn.
-9: Creatures you control get vigilance, double strike, trample, and lifelink until end of turn.

Loyalty: 6
Mon Sep 29, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a humanoid (or potentially 'mutant')... dragon?

Implants to dramatically enhances our senses sounds more practical then a pair of wings. And to hook them up to our sensory mapping in our head? That's an awful lot of surface area to shoot at during combat. It's great for intimidation but horrid to put a few rounds into.

Unless your skin was drafted into some Kevlar scales or something.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Tue Sep 30, 2008, 12:16 PM
Aye, but a tail would be nice to cuddle with at night. ^^

[Image: snowrq1.gif]

Yes, I'm a snark. Sue me.
Mon Nov 17, 2008, 11:19 PM
But the tail thing? Wouldn't that be messing with your backbone by adding an extension? What are the chances of paralysis from an accidental severing of the spinal cord?

FCF/A3 A++++ C- D+ H++ M+ P- R++ T+++ W Z- Sm+ RLET a- cw++ d+ e- f+++ h* iwf+ j+ p sf+
Find all posts by this user
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 AM
isn't that kinda a bit scary? to have tails protruding from your behind?
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
(Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 AM)Vince_03 Wrote:  isn't that kinda a bit scary? to have tails protruding from your behind?
Not really. It's been a childhood fantasy for me. ^_^

FCF/A3 A++++ C- D+ H++ M+ P- R++ T+++ W Z- Sm+ RLET a- cw++ d+ e- f+++ h* iwf+ j+ p sf+
Tue Nov 18, 2008, 02:42 PM
i can't really imagine flesh wings and tail. >.> (i never watched hellboy II)
eewwww. maybe if it were furry and huggable. and the wings were feathery, not skin.

Fursuiter, fox, friendly, freaky,

so why isn't my name "Fee" but "Vee"?

must be cause i can't think of words that start with V
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 03:44 PM
This kinda reminds me of some furs who keep telling me "I'd wanna splice human + animal DNA to make furs all possible!"..
I'm like... "..Wokay. Have fun."

[Image: 55980081.png]
[Image: KatSteamSig_FF.gif]

« Got a Steam ID? Join our Singapore + Malaysia Gamer Furs Group ! »
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 05:51 PM
Haha, Awesome... I'll get myself a tail when i'm rich enough to afford it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Furry form Sarawak DicfuraX Fennec Redfox 0 1,202 Wed Feb 03, 2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: DicfuraX Fennec Redfox
  Does your family know you're a "furry"..or even know what it means? Katsuke 52 16,555 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 PM
Last Post: Melfur Silverblade
  how many of you have people knowing you're a furry? veemaster 78 22,773 Thu Oct 25, 2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: 
  "Hey, you. Yeah, you, the Furry" nightPhaser 10 4,502 Wed May 23, 2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Milkgila
  Opinion: What is "Furry" ... really?? Canis Enigmas 20 12,211 Wed Nov 16, 2011 05:54 PM
Last Post: _snickers_
  what turns you into a furry? Kiala Tiagra 28 10,383 Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: GammaOhFiveTwo
  I am a furry...but... Kuchisake 15 5,174 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: J.M. Tigerbomb
  Furry Map! Lets Know Where we Are! BlazeFox 33 9,928 Tue Nov 09, 2010 03:29 PM
Last Post: Kazuki
  Whats the chance I will have furry friends in College in Pittsburgh, PA Polar_Joe 4 2,150 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:51 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123
  you're a furry if you... veemaster 30 8,968 Sat Oct 09, 2010 09:13 PM
Last Post: FolskyGab123