Thread Rating:
  • 237 Votes - 2.88 Average
Survived Eurofurence.
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 08:37 AM
RE: Survived Eurofurence.
A few points about EF 2010. It's going to take place in Magdeburg rather than Suhl. Magdeburg is about 30 minutes away from Berlin so if you can get there then I would definitely say it is worth doing. The problem is that the main international destination in Germany is Frankfurt, which is about a five hour drive from Magdeburg.

I have been to EF three times and I definitely say it is worth it. However, I live in the UK so I don't have the cost of living problem and, of course, it's easier for me to get to Germany than it is for you guys. When I travelled from London to Singapore in June, it cost me the equivalent of RM2200 return but this was a special offer. I believe in the region of RM4000 is normal for a flight between Europe and SE Asia.

If you are thinking of going to a UK Con - I strongly suggest you go to ConFuzzled in Manchester rather than RBW in London. ConFuzzled is in May, RBW is in October/November. Singapore Airlines offer direct flights to Manchester and the con is considerably better run and larger than its London counterpart. Also, if you do go to Manchester, I may be able to meet up and show you around, if you fancy Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eurofurence 17 Kung Fur Hustle Shaman 8 4,510 Thu Sep 08, 2011 04:48 PM
Last Post: Shaman
  Eurofurence 2010: The Serengeti Shaman 2 2,312 Thu Jul 22, 2010 08:34 PM
Last Post: DarkLurker