AnthroAsia
So what are you playing~ - Printable Version

+- AnthroAsia (http://www.anthroasia.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: The Gaming Arcade (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: So what are you playing~ (/showthread.php?tid=1330)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

So what are you playing~ - lightning64 - Wed Jul 22, 2009 08:33 PM

Too keep some of the sub forums active i made this thread

Discussions are better~

To start with im currently playing Mana khemia 1 have to redo everything since my brother overwrite my save x.=.x

I want to download sweet harmony soon Tongue

RE: So what are you playing~ - Canis Enigmas - Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 PM

MafiaWars on Facebook applications. Strangely addictive as well as incredibly frustrating too.

RE: So what are you playing~ - Hollud - Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 PM

(Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  MafiaWars on Facebook applications. Strangely addictive as well as incredibly frustrating too.

I steer clear of Facebook games and quizzes like the plague. Just like that Restaurant City game that my siblings are obsessed about.

Sis: "Hey, you got any flour?"
Bro: "I got some salt. You want?"
Bro's GF: "I want your sugar!"
Me: "???"

Right now, I'm doing about a few Left 4 Dead sessions when I can. Shooting zombies can be a great stress therapy... until you realise the laptop with the puny 64MB nVidia GeForce Go 7300 graphics chip loves to lag every now and then even with everything dumbed down (but still looking good!).

That and Need For Speed: Most Wanted.

I'm looking to build a higher end system with hard-core graphics to tackle potential titles like GRID, DiRT and Mass Effect 2. I'd SO cream in my pants if I can play ME:2 with all the nice things turned up, up, up!

XD

RE: So what are you playing~ - lightning64 - Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:10 AM

(Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 PM)Canis Enigmas Wrote:  MafiaWars on Facebook applications. Strangely addictive as well as incredibly frustrating too.

I quit zynga's games ive been thrown like a rag doll left and right. Mafia wars is a nice game though... x=x

@hollud

But RC is fun D: and pet society is cute~ XD

RE: So what are you playing~ - J.M. Tigerbomb - Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:54 AM

GRID is great. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 graphics card with the default low settings i.e. 800x600 resolution and crowd effects added. Even my friend said the game looks nice. I'm looking forward to upgrade my graphics card once the warranty on my laptop expires.

RE: So what are you playing~ - Krado - Thu Jul 23, 2009 08:21 AM

(Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:54 AM)Tigerbomb Wrote:  GRID is great. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 graphics card with the default low settings i.e. 800x600 resolution and crowd effects added. Even my friend said the game looks nice. I'm looking forward to upgrade my graphics card once the warranty on my laptop expires.

I play GRiD on my desktop. :3

As well as............................ Sims 3. Shh.

RE: So what are you playing~ - nightPhaser - Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:39 AM

>> I'm on a portable kick lately, in between reading huge theses and research journals. >_>

SMT Devil Survivor (2nd playthrough, Megido-spam-fest)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (Fomors and Lizardmen, HOT)
Etrian Odyssey II (So... hard... ;_; )
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (fanart imminent)

SMT Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon (King hard mode)

Microsoft Pandora's Box (a classic)

>> Looking forward to:

SMT Strange Journey (YAY I DON'T HAVE TO BUY PS360ii)
The other Professor Layton games
Persona PSP (but how am I gonna play thaaaat?)

(Wed Jul 22, 2009 08:33 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  To start with im currently playing Mana khemia 1 have to redo everything since my brother overwrite my save x.=.x

>> Mana Khemia's excellent, looking forward to the second one as well.

(LOL hero sounds like equally-gray-haired Akihiko Sanada.)

RE: So what are you playing~ - lightning64 - Thu Jul 23, 2009 01:31 PM

(Wed Jul 22, 2009 08:33 PM)lightning64 Wrote:  To start with im currently playing Mana khemia 1 have to redo everything since my brother overwrite my save x.=.x

>> Mana Khemia's excellent, looking forward to the second one as well.

(LOL hero sounds like equally-gray-haired Akihiko Sanada.)

@Night

I was a bit puzzled about the change in interface i liked the linear card interface(Or just gotten used to it), rather than the spherical one which looks like it came from grandia 3

I hope the VAs are better(I admit i can take Roxis voice but i feel my brain melting with Flays)

RE: So what are you playing~ - ctwolf88 - Thu Jul 23, 2009 03:53 PM

Playing Burnout Paradise on PC now...runs well on a 9600GT at 720p =3

As for other platforms, waiting for the new Ratchet and Clank and Grand Turismo lineups for the Playstation.

Also occasionally playing Plants VS Zombies on PC as well after game completion to unlock stuff and to see the credits again Tongue

RE: So what are you playing~ - Canis Enigmas - Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:36 PM

(Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 PM)Hollud Wrote:  I steer clear of Facebook games and quizzes like the plague. J
How true, especially when all you have on screen are bright colours and shiny imagery, and all you do is number crunching and button pushing. But as something to do burn time between tasks at the office ...
Quote:Shooting zombies can be a great stress therapy...
Frankly, having countless rabid undead creatures clamouring to get a bite out of you can get pretty tiring and boring if you don't end up with a satisfying mountain of (fully dead) corpses or a Piccasso of blood splatter at the end of each ballistic frenzy :/

You want true stress relief or frustration release?? Just give Prototype a try Winking
Quote:That and Need For Speed: Most Wanted.
Yes, the last of the series that truly deserves the NFS name.

(Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:54 AM)Tigerbomb Wrote:  I'm looking forward to upgrade my graphics card once the warranty on my laptop expires.
Changing the graphics card on a notebook computer is right next to something called "impossible" as the graphics card is soldered solid to the notebook's board. The only (extremely) rare possibility is that your notebook computer has one of those specialized interchangeable graphic cards, but those ... well, I'll let this article describe what you need to go through